ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 100
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
R Clark 01:06 PM 01-05-2021
Must have short term memory loss cause chiefs went to Buffalo and had no trouble beating them. And that was with mahomes throwing for only 225 and they run at will. Buffalo has been spanking some teams lately but none of them are the KC Chiefs ( defending SB champs). Buffalo may scare some teams but it damn sure ain’t the chiefs.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:06 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
DVOA?

:-)

I used to think DVOA was interesting until I saw the last few years where it hasn't tracked well at all with the best teams.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:06 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Before the Super Bowl existed, we had the AFL Championship.

Bills won it twice.

It was the Super Bowl of that era.
The NFL which had the other half of the professional football teams disagrees with your statement. That's like winning the AFC and calling yourself SB Champs according to you.
[Reply]
Best22 01:07 PM 01-05-2021
Yep.

Means they're 1 game better than the 12-4 Chiefs that won the Super Bowl last year.
A team that did more in one year than the Bills franchise has done in 60
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:07 PM 01-05-2021
Bills D has been top 5 since Week 8.

I know Chiefs fans are still stuck on what happened in Week 5, but things changed...

Teams evolve...
Go look at the Ravens from last year.

Lost early to the Chiefs in the season and then went on a tear. Upset in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:07 PM 01-05-2021
Siris throat is probably sore from reading out all those stats. Give her a bit of a break, please.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:08 PM 01-05-2021
Yep.

Means they're 1 game better than the 12-4 Chiefs that won the Super Bowl last year.
Hate to break it to ya, but a 13-3 AFC team has never won a SB, which will continue this season.
[Reply]
diqlix 01:08 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
DVOA?

:-)

Oh, you don't like DVOA.

No problem.

Is "scoring defense" a better stat for you?

Bills are top 10 in scoring defense since Week 8.
[Reply]
diqlix 01:09 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I used to think DVOA was interesting until I saw the last few years where it hasn't tracked well at all with the best teams.
Chiefs have been #1 or #2 in offensive DVOA all year.

Guess that's faulty?
[Reply]
eDave 01:12 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
How do you get that sense? Did Patrick say something?
Just little things like mentioning him kinda sarcastically and off handedly a few times. One was a passing challenge or something. But mostly, it's a competitive thing. Pat hears what we hear about the guy and he won't have it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:12 PM 01-05-2021
Oh, you don't like DVOA.

No problem.

Is "scoring defense" a better stat for you?

Bills are top 10 in scoring defense since Week 8.
Are you really this dense?

I've brought up DVOA a dozen times and you've ignored it every time.

Good grief you're dumb.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:12 PM 01-05-2021
So, wait.....

now there is a time limit where past games do matter?

Just for my clarification:
-games that happened 2-3 days ago matter
-games that happened 3 weeks ago matter
-games that happened 7 weeks ago doesn't matter
-winning 14 out of 16 games in a season do not matter?
-going 29-6 over the past two seasons with the same core doesn't matter?

Just trying to keep my ducks in a row....I'm not as sharp as "Einstein" here....
[Reply]
RunKC 01:12 PM 01-05-2021
I can't imagine it happening, but ....

The Bills certainly could could beat us. They are by far the best opponent to do it against us in the AFC. The thing is I don’t think there are many situations for that to happen.

Your guys pass rush is very average as that’s not a good thing against us. We have the coaching advantage. Allen has been quite good this year but when we played him, we made him struggle enough to not be able to keep up.

You guys aren’t there yet. This offense scores 24 points in their sleep. When they’re on, they can put up 40 with ease.

I don’t think you guys are gonna be able to go blow-for-blow with us an entire game.
[Reply]
Funkstown 01:13 PM 01-05-2021
Literally never heard that before.
Have you ever dove through a table like your friends do every Sunday?
[Reply]
New World Order 01:14 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
So, wait.....

now there is a time limit where past games do matter?

Just for my clarification:
-games that happened 2-3 days ago matter
-games that happened 3 weeks ago matter
-games that happened 7 weeks ago doesn't matter
-winning 14 out of 16 games in a season doesn't matter?
-going 29-6 over the past two seasons with the same core doesn't matter?

Just trying to keep my ducks in a row....
I think there's some type of complicated mathematical equation involved
[Reply]
Page 63 of 100
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up