ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 100
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
diqlix 02:06 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's the thing, though.

How much different could they go? They sold out to stop the passing game and got absolutely steamrolled by the running game.

The only "different" option is to switch that up, which means they take their chances getting carved up by the best QB in the game.

Otherwise, their best hope is to not do anything "different" and hope like hell the Chiefs running game falters this time.
Mahomes is gonna Mahomes.

You gotta outscore him.

The offense would have to be the difference maker for Buffalo, not the defense.

The Bills played FOUR top-10 defenses this year.

Only one kept them under 35 points, and that was only because the Bills kneeled in the redzone instead of scoring.

So, I don't think the question is "what would the Bills do different on defense" ... It's about the offense.

May still not be enough though, because obviously Mahomes is pretty good at that scoring thing too!
[Reply]
diqlix 02:08 PM 01-04-2021
Man, Siri must be exhausted.
I'm not driving anymore. Back at the office now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:08 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Mahomes is gonna Mahomes.

You gotta outscore him.

The offense would have to be the difference maker for Buffalo, not the defense.

The Bills played FOUR top-10 defenses this year.

Only one kept them under 35 points, and that was only because the Bills kneeled in the redzone instead of scoring.

So, I don't think the question is "what would the Bills do different on defense" ... It's about the offense.

May still not be enough though.
So what are the Bills going to do differently on offense? Stop using box scores and tell us, scheme wise, what the Bills are going to do to beat the CHIEFS not somebody else.

Because those games are meaningless, by your own logic.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:09 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Tre is good. I'd take him. You can keep the rest.
Interesting.

Thanks for answering.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:11 PM 01-04-2021
So what are the Bills going to do differently on offense? Stop using box scores and tell us, scheme wise, what the Bills are going to do to beat the CHIEFS not somebody else.

Because those games are meaningless, by your own logic.
The scheme would stay the same.

Scheme was not the problem (on offense) against the Chiefs.

For one, hope the game is not in a freaking monsoon.

For two, have a non-injured Allen (his shoulder was hurt in the KC game).
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:13 PM 01-04-2021

:-)

I hope so.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:18 PM 01-04-2021

I hope so.
You gotta stop being so arrogant man. It's very unbecoming of you and makes daquix extremely disappointed. Daquix, of course, is extraordinarily humble himself.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:19 PM 01-04-2021

I hope so.
Hopefully we will find out in a few weeks who was right and who was wrong.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:20 PM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
You gotta stop being so arrogant man. It's very unbecoming of you and makes daquix extremely disappointed. Daquix, of course, is extraordinarily humble himself.
I noticed your join date is 2018. Did you become a Chiefs fan once they became good?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:21 PM 01-04-2021

Scheme was not the problem (on offense) against the Chiefs.

For one, hope the game is not in a freaking monsoon.

For two, have a non-injured Allen (his shoulder was hurt in the KC game).
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:21 PM 01-04-2021
You're on the wrong forum. You should be talking to Colts fans. You're dreaming about sparing with the King and you haven't even made it past the court jester yet.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:21 PM 01-04-2021
We'll never know and you know why.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:22 PM 01-04-2021
The Titans and 49ers fans who joined the board last year posted this exact same thing lmao
[Reply]
diqlix 02:24 PM 01-04-2021
You're on the wrong forum. You should be talking to Colts fans. You're dreaming about sparing with the King and you haven't even made it past the court jester yet.
I'm on the Colts forum.

It's very boring.

It's a hundred posts of "The Bills are going to destroy us", "This game won't even be close", "Buffalo is going to mop the floor with us".

They're the most negative fanbase I've seen.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:24 PM 01-04-2021
We'll never know and you know why.
Don't be like that.

I think the Chiefs could beat the Ravens or Titans.

Be positive.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 100
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up