ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 57
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

DaneMcCloud 05:15 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I see your example vile as well.
I guess that's an issue with making comments on a forum instead of in a normal setting.

My parents are older, white and conservative and I'd never wish death on them for their political leanings, nor anyone else in my family.
bdj23 05:16 PM 10-08-2020
No u
WhiteWhale 05:18 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I guess that's an issue with making comments on a forum instead of in a normal setting.

My parents are older, white and conservative and I'd never wish death on them for their political leanings, nor anyone else in my family.
Yes, we can all be strident and mean spirited sometimes.

Dark humor can seem more hateful than ironic in text.

Plus sometimes we are just being assholes to very specific people.
DaneMcCloud 05:20 PM 10-08-2020
Yes, we can all be strident and mean spirited sometimes.

Dark humor can seem more hateful than ironic in text.
The biggest problem with making a comment of that nature in the DC forum is that people take a sarcastic comment like that seriously, because there are people in that forum actively calling for the murder and death of anyone that doesn't agree with their political beliefs.

That's the biggest issue, IMO and unfortunately, that bleeds over to the Lounge, because those same exact people see everything through a political lens.
WhiteWhale 05:30 PM 10-08-2020
The biggest problem with making a comment of that nature in the DC forum is that people take a sarcastic comment like that seriously, because there are people in that forum actively calling for the murder and death of anyone that doesn't agree with their political beliefs.

That's the biggest issue, IMO and unfortunately, that bleeds over the Lounge, because those same exact people see everything through a political lens.
It's not just a thing here.

There is a trend of accepting extrajudicial violence as a punishment for wrong think as a whole. The forum is reflective of the general political discourse.

Plus pop politics has forced politics into every crevice of pop culture, but I applaud any moderator effort to keep that divisive shit out of the lounge. If I want to play with the pigs, I'll get in the sty
WhiteWhale 05:30 PM 10-08-2020

That's the biggest issue, IMO and unfortunately, that bleeds over the Lounge, because those same exact people see everything through a political lens.

There is a trend of accepting extrajudicial violence as a punishment for wrong think as a whole. The forum is reflective of the general political discourse.

Plus pop politics has forced politics into every crevice of pop culture, but I applaud any moderator effort to keep that divisive shit out of the lounge. If I want to play with the pigs, I'll get in the sty
htismaqe 05:31 PM 10-08-2020

Exactly this.
Bowser 05:42 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you venture into DC it will vastly change your opinions of people, then you'll see why we have a section of people that only post there...
If you do this, you let your opinion of people you don't know in the first place be changed by reading heat of the moment posts over politically charged subjects, I'd be willing to say you need to take a hard look in the mirror. The problem isn't them, the problem is you being a mental midget and letting words on a screen dictate your feelings and looking for a "good" reason to get pissed off (not "you" per se, Mecca).

I've turned into a loudmouth in DC, I'll admit it. Not exactly proud of it, but I'll admit it. I've turned it into a place where I can vent my political frustrations on people that I know disagree with me and will fire back. It's kind of cathartic, I won't lie. I don't "hate" those I get into it with over there, and in fact, I'm kind of glad they get into it because it's likely better to do that there than get drunk in a bar and engage with some equally pissed random looking to blow off steam. I don't think RodeoPants is going around calling people cunts that disagree with him in the real world, nor is cosmo calling people assholes, nor is oaklandhater screaming at old people to die, nor is Clay threatening anyone's lives, nor is anyone openly mocking anyone else for having different opinions on the street. I'd rather have words thrown at me by someone else on this site that is as equally frustrated as I am and get it out of our systems than some other alternative.
patteeu 05:56 PM 10-08-2020
You dont see it?

REALLY?

I mean there are at least two others who are about as overt as you can be without slurs.

Especially how they talk about the tribe of tiny hats. They're really upset about them.
I didn’t say anything about seeing or not seeing something. I’m talking about an abstract concept.
GloryDayz 06:05 PM 10-08-2020
Prove it.

What I mean?

My wife is non-white. My children look closer to white than Asian, yet my wife, on several occasions, has been asked how much earns as a nanny, all the way up to "Where do this child's parents live?" and more.

I've seen subtle racism and I've seen blatant racism, at times, directly in my face.

Can you say the same?
You gave examples of pure ignorance and racism, but that doesn't explain your comment suggesting that only people in the "majority" can be racist. I don't agree, people in the minority can't be racist.
Baby Lee 06:05 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
Dumbass Lounge is still the Lounge, right?
DaFace 06:06 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If you do this, you let your opinion of people you don't know in the first place be changed by reading heat of the moment posts over politically charged subjects, I'd be willing to say you need to take a hard look in the mirror. The problem isn't them, the problem is you being a mental midget and letting words on a screen dictate your feelings and looking for a "good" reason to get pissed off (not "you" per se, Mecca).

I've turned into a loudmouth in DC, I'll admit it. Not exactly proud of it, but I'll admit it. I've turned it into a place where I can vent my political frustrations on people that I know disagree with me and will fire back. It's kind of cathartic, I won't lie. I don't "hate" those I get into it with over there, and in fact, I'm kind of glad they get into it because it's likely better to do that there than get drunk in a bar and engage with some equally pissed random looking to blow off steam. I don't think RodeoPants is going around calling people cunts that disagree with him in the real world, nor is cosmo calling people assholes, nor is oaklandhater screaming at old people to die, nor is Clay threatening anyone's lives, nor is anyone openly mocking anyone else for having different opinions on the street. I'd rather have words thrown at me by someone else on this site that is as equally frustrated as I am and get it out of our systems than some other alternative.
It's all fun and games until the secret service gets involved.
htismaqe 06:06 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's all fun and games until the secret service gets involved.
I'm calling my lawyer.
Easy 6 06:10 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I've done it and I know people have done it to me because I've seen it. It's like you say a few political things and all of the sudden nothing you say is cool with that person anymore.
Lotta truth here, I've certainly experienced it and many others have as well I'm sure... people suddenly stop interacting with you, or want to argue, even when you've had good relations prior

Just as in real life, I'm able to compartmentalize these things for the most part and focus on what we have in common when in the lounge... some simply refuse to, unfortunately
DaneMcCloud 06:12 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I don't think RodeoPants is going around calling people cunts that disagree with him in the real world, nor is cosmo calling people assholes, nor is oaklandhater screaming at old people to die, nor is Clay threatening anyone's lives, nor is anyone openly mocking anyone else for having different opinions on the street. I'd rather have words thrown at me by someone else on this site that is as equally frustrated as I am and get it out of our systems than some other alternative.
I have a disagree a bit here, Dude. While some people, such as yourself, may use the DC forum to blow off steam, many others post in that forum because that's exactly what they think and feel about others, regardless of whether or not it's in this forum on in "the real world".

I've seen people in there pile on someone for linking to CNN or CBS News and just get pulverized for even doing something so "vile" and "false". I don't see how anyone familiar with Hammock Parties could think, for even a second, that it's not something he believes because just as he did with Alex Smith, the dude just fucking RAGES at anyone that doesn't share his beliefs.

And don't even get me started on people like GloryDayz or Shitsprayer because there's no way in the world that you can convince me that they're just using the DC to "blow off steam". They express their views in that forum because they believe in those views.

And JFC, Taco John? What a fucking phony. The same dude that banned Chiefsplanet members for even talking about the Chiefs on his shitty forum is the biggest nut and most unhinged person to maybe ever post on the internet. Is he blowing off steam with his vapid conspiracy theories, including the claim that the fly that landed on Pence's head was a Visual Effect (VFX)? I mean, what the fuck, man? The technology to render an effect like that, in Real Time, across multiple feeds, does not exist in any way, shape or form.

And therein, again, lies the problem: Too many of these people feel the same exact way outside of this forum as they do inside this forum, which ultimately leads to those same exact people politicizing everything.

Who is blowing off steam and who is serious? Because calling for the murder of an elected government official isn't funny, sarcastic or "blowing off steam".

And what happens if someone from that forum actually does attempt to murder an elected official? What happens then?
MahiMike 06:13 PM 10-08-2020
I remember when folks on here had balls. The testosterone levels are empty.
Page 28 of 57
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up