ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 57
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

htismaqe 09:11 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I like how both of us were interested. Now it's "fuck that noise". If I had too, I'd ban according to the rules with no further discussion. Bias will indeed be involved sometimes so I urge everyone to step off because it matters.
I did it for 10 years.

It doesn't matter how "unbiased" you are. You will be inundated with accusations of favoritism until they either give up, or you do.

Being a mod here is a thankless job.
DaneMcCloud 09:11 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
srvy types with two fingers and a sub 70 IQ.
He's a mouthy old fucktard that's so old that if he got into a real fight, would pass out after throwing his first punch.

It's always a treat to see posts from "Real" tough guys, especially when they're old as fuck.
Easy 6 09:12 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just admit it goes both ways, thats all I'm asking
Can't get an Amen?

Ok fine, sure
srvy 09:14 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm proud of the fact that unlike you, I'm not married to Filipino Mail Order Bride that's decades younger than me.
:-) You are a repeat we have been through this before. I met her in Chillicothe Mo. I was on a design project widening 36 highway From Hamilton to Just outside of Chillicothe. Ive never asked about your Chinese mail order bride?
Shiver Me Timbers 09:14 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:

I am a regular poster. I'm also a mod and I do mod stuff when it comes to my attention. Whether that happens when I am perusing a thread, or when someone reports an issue. I don't spend much time at all just looking for mod stuff to do. And neither do any of the other guys. That's why the reporting function is a pretty important tool to help us do our mod jobs.
Dart spends most of his hours figuring out the gambling challenge and bitch slapping some people (who will remain nameless) not following the rules (editing bets after they are placed), and others questioning how their winnings were calculated.
And we thank him for most of that
Perineum Ripper 09:17 PM 10-07-2020
How the hell is snitching on a message board a line that is too disturbing to cross?

You can’t bitch that the mods aren’t doing something if they don’t know that it’s happening. That’s like bitching at firefighters for not showing up to your dumpster fire when you don’t ever fucking call them.
srvy 09:18 PM 10-07-2020
He's a mouthy old fucktard that's so old that if he got into a real fight, would pass out after throwing his first punch.

It's always a treat to see posts from "Real" tough guys, especially when they're old as fuck.
Well dipshit I am not looking for a fight but I don't run from one either. I still handle myself well and am in good shape. You sure think you know a lot about me for never meeting.
DaneMcCloud 09:32 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
How the hell is snitching on a message board a line that is too disturbing to cross?

You can’t bitch that the mods aren’t doing something if they don’t know that it’s happening. That’s like bitching at firefighters for not showing up to your dumpster fire when you don’t ever fucking call them.
There are two types of people that post on CP:

1. The kind of people that want a tightly moderated forum. They want to discuss the topic at hand without going off topic and interjecting politics. They keep football talk in the Lounge and Draft forums, keep the Entertainment talk in the Media Center and keep the political talk in the DC.

2. The kind of people that start threads of any topic, even borderline political, in the Lounge. They see everything through a political lens. They don’t care if they’re starting threads in the wrong forums, talk about politics when it’s unnecessary and unwarranted and really don’t give a shit what other people think of their behavior. The worst of the lot dare people to report them and dare the Mods to ban them.
patteeu 09:33 PM 10-07-2020
We’d have better community/peer-control of behavior around here and probably a lighter workload for the mods if the reports were made public.
htismaqe 09:35 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
We’d have better community/peer-control of behavior around here and probably a lighter workload for the mods if the reports were made public.
Not really. It would just lead to more fights. People just can't control themselves anymore.
eDave 09:41 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not really. It would just lead to more fights. People just can't control themselves anymore.
He's a fascist.
SuperChief 09:52 PM 10-07-2020
Some of you should go outside and play.
patteeu 09:57 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Anonymity (to the general population) is a big social shield for those whose complaints would be tiresome or unpopular otherwise.

And the solution to even handed moderation (not even handed moderators) being offered is just encouragement to make even more complaints.

But I’ve already been told there’s no appetite for this at the moment so I’ll drop it here.
htismaqe 09:59 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Anonymity (to the general population) is a big social shield for those whose complaints would be tiresome or unpopular otherwise.

And the solution to even handed moderation (not even handed moderators) being offered is just encouragement to make even more complaints.

But I’ve already been told there’s no appetite for this at the moment so I’ll drop it here.
The issue, as you may have seen earlier in the thread, is that despite the shield that anonymity provides, very few people still bother to report posts.

I understand that you view anonymity as having the potential to generate even more complaints and sometimes even useless ones.

The simple fact is that the opposite is true - very few people use the feature. And the mods simply can't moderate things they don't know about.
Buehler445 10:02 PM 10-07-2020
Yeah guys, go to the fucking Mod Store and get more mods!
:-) Right?

I have no idea why anyone would want to do it (no offense to the mod crew - who I’m on record as saying do a better job than we deserve).

I don’t have problems with the mods. Know why? I’m not a douche. Don’t douche shit up and you won’t give the mods an opportunity to abuse you (from your perspective of course).
Page 22 of 57
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up