ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

eDave 08:45 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No one on Chiefsplanet would want me as a Moderator.

I wouldn't want to be a moderator because it's a thankless job and in the end, good people like Phobia, Bob Dole and others become demonized and hated.

I have plenty of people on CP that hate me already and there's reason to for me to willingly increase that head count.

I do that just fine on my own, thank you.
I like how both of us were interested. Now it's "fuck that noise". If I had too, I'd ban according to the rules with no further discussion. Bias will indeed be involved sometimes so I urge everyone to step off because it matters.
srvy 08:46 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
:-)

I haven't been in that thread nor posted in it since April.
I think I have you beat.
srvy 08:51 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think it's time for your nap, old timer. You're getting awfully cranky again. How about I set you up with some Murder, She Wrote after your afternoon bingo session?
Never seen an episode but sounds like you have mama's boy.
DaneMcCloud 08:54 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Never seen an episode but sounds like you have mama's boy.
English might be past your time, too.
srvy 08:58 PM 10-07-2020
Yeah guys, go to the fucking Mod Store and get more mods!
I've seen a lot of guys volunteering the service. Why anyone would want it is beyond me. One thing I do know is you can quit it anytime. So if it's too much nothing says you can't move on and be a regular poster.
Frazod 09:01 PM 10-07-2020
The only problem with this concept is that politics have permeated pretty much every aspect of our lives at this point. The non-political is being made political by forces beyond our control.
srvy 09:02 PM 10-07-2020
English might be past your time, too.

eDave 09:02 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The only problem with this concept is that politics have permeated pretty much every aspect of our lives at this point. The non-political is being made political by forces beyond your control.
VERY minor edit there, friendo.
Hoover 09:03 PM 10-07-2020
Pence won that debate!

Wait sorry I saw a political thread and thought I was in the DC forum... 😂
Dartgod 09:04 PM 10-07-2020
I've seen a lot of guys volunteering the service. Why anyone would want it is beyond me. One thing I do know is you can quit it anytime. So if it's too much nothing says you can't move on and be a regular poster.
I don't recall saying it was too much.

I am a regular poster. I'm also a mod and I do mod stuff when it comes to my attention. Whether that happens when I am perusing a thread, or when someone reports an issue. I don't spend much time at all just looking for mod stuff to do. And neither do any of the other guys. That's why the reporting function is a pretty important tool to help us do our mod jobs.
srvy 09:05 PM 10-07-2020
Your day has passed.

When people violate the rules of the forum, they should be reported anonymously, period.
Good to know who the snitches around here are. You should be awfully proud. Got any stitches?
Dartgod 09:07 PM 10-07-2020
The only problem with this concept is that politics have permeated pretty much every aspect of our lives at this point. The non-political is being made political by forces beyond our control.
True and I think Bearcat alluded to that in his post.
lewdog 09:07 PM 10-07-2020
srvy types with two fingers and a sub 70 IQ.
DaneMcCloud 09:09 PM 10-07-2020
Good to know who the snitches around here are. You should be awfully proud. Got any stitches?
I'm proud of the fact that unlike you, I'm not married to Filipino Mail Order Bride that's decades younger than me.
GloryDayz 09:10 PM 10-07-2020
Quality post. And sports is at the top of the list with political agenda pushing.
Page 21 of 57
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up