ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 28
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
wazu 02:06 PM 02-22-2024

A big development in KC: Chiefs are signing former Bills punter Matt Araiza, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
Frazod 04:02 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Tommy is looking to cash in, and who can blame him? No hard feelings. Win-win situation.
Yep. I'm fine with it. Happy trails, Tommy. Veach will send you your ring via UPS.
[Reply]
srvy 04:04 PM 02-22-2024
So Tommy Gone
[Reply]
Hayneplane 04:07 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The punting world has changed dramatically over the past 20 years. For decades a 45 yard gross average would make you the best in the league. In 2023 we had six punters who grossed more than 50 (not counting a 7th who had just three punts). 29 punters (with 20+ attempts) grossed 45 or better.

I wonder what's changed so much. I don't think it can be just raw strength. There must be some technique change that's producing more yards.
Could it be related to an increase in the long range field goal percentage success so that around halfway teams are now more likely to trust their kicker than turn to the punter meaning less shorter range punts requiring precision to try and in in the 5 and more of the punts just being rip the leg through and hammer it.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:08 PM 02-22-2024
Has that miserable fuck Chad Forbes cried about this yet like he cried about us signing Omenihu?
[Reply]
bigjosh 04:08 PM 02-22-2024
At least Tommy will make more money total, but he will be punting alot more to earn it on some shit team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:09 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Has that miserable fuck Chad Forbes cried about this yet like he cried about us signing Omenihu?
God I hope so.

Few things are as gratifying as pissy Chad Forbes.

What an absolute cunt.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:10 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
So Tommy Gone
100%. You don't bring Matt Araiza in unless you're planning on starting him next season. However misguided and wrong the PR hit will be, it's inevitable that there will be some. See Tyreek Hill.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:10 PM 02-22-2024
Maybe Townsend partied too hard for Butker's liking.

We've lucked out on punters with the last two. Colquitt will be in the Chiefs ROH and Townsend was pretty good as well.

Let's hope there won't be much punting though next season.
[Reply]
notorious 04:11 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
100%. You don't bring Matt Araiza in unless you're planning on starting him next season. However misguided and wrong the PR hit will be, it's inevitable that there will be some. See Tyreek Hill.
There won't be a PR hit. We good.
[Reply]
luv 04:11 PM 02-22-2024
I'm probably asking a dumb question, but, if the Bills released him before the 2022 season, is the lawsuit the reason no one picked him up? Did the lawsuit just recently go away?
[Reply]
bigjosh 04:11 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He is no longer even alleged, it was a made up story.

Sorry, my statement may have been unclear because i formatted it dumb. I meant to convey his innocence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:13 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Maybe Townsend partied too hard for Butker's liking.

We've lucked out on punters with the last two. Colquitt will be in the Chiefs ROH and Townsend was pretty good as well.

Let's hope there won't be much punting though next season.
Townsend partied too much with Drew Rosenhaus.
[Reply]
O.city 04:14 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And Rosenhaus is the right guy for that.

I don't love seeing him representing any of our key guys, but he's a pro. He knows how to get things done. He knows how far he can push things. He knows when it's time to pull the chute and get the best possible deal for his client instead of ride the train into a mountain.

If there's a good deal for Tommy out there, Rosenhaus will get it for him.

If I were a Free Agent or even someone entering my FA year, he'd probably be the guy I hired. He might be a douche and embody everything we hate about 'sleazy agents', but he's really damn good at his job.

Go get it, Tommy. I'm just happy it won't be with us.
He flew Tyreek right into a mountain of cash and WC playoff exits.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:15 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
He flew Tyreek right into a mountain of cash and WC playoff exits.
Which was exactly what his client asked him to do.

Rosenhaus did his job there as well as any agent ever has. That's all you can ask of him.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:15 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Change about what? It's a lot more about Townsend than araiza. I don't really want to fuck with something that isn't broken. I have no issues whatsoever with araiza getting a work somewhere. He deserves it.
I mean have you even seen the list of free agents this team has this season and the next couple of seasons coming up? This is an A+ move just based on the ability to free up and few million bucks for the cap AND upgrade the position.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 28
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up