ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 140
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Rausch 07:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You can argue compensation if you like, but everything you said in your post was wrong.
We gave up way too much.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-season-at-60/

Do you literally know nothing about the player?
Well, my goodness, if he racked up 13 sacks at 60%, what might he do at 100%?

Are you very familiar with football? See, most guys play with nagging injuries all the time.

Clark plays every week. With very few exceptions. And if you look at his 2018 highlight reel, then his 60% is pretty fucking astounding.

compare with Ford's....uh...attendance record.

The guy's a beast. It's been posted and reposted, sacks, hurries, QB hits over the last three seasons, and he's neck and neck with Mack.

You can argue you think it was too much to give up, but arguing anything else just makes you look stupid.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:05 PM 04-23-2019
If anything, you've raised my opinion of him. Playing through both of your UCLs being torn as a DE is some metal shit.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 07:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So it's a 'bad' thing he had an elite season while playing with bum elbows?
I don't have access to the medical records but clearly Seattle thought so. People are already spinning it and saying "boy, think about how well he's going to play when he's healthy. he's going to be the GOAT!" I certainly hope that's the case but that's super optimistic, there's just has many guys who have injuries that continue to nag them throughout their careers.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:05 PM 04-23-2019
Ive sen some shit arguments before but a guy with the exact same number as Mack to start their careers, playing as a DE no less, who has missed 2 games in his life and put up good numbers when "hurt", has health issues?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:06 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
We gave up way too much.
Raush if you look at where we improved in the 3rd this year and the 2nd next year, we basically gave up a 2nd and 3rd round pick for Clark. Is that too much?

In a nutshell we gave up a 2nd and a 3rd and turned a low 3rd into a middle 3rd rounder and a likley very late second into a middle second rounder.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:07 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Jesus dude.

Go root for your Steelers. The loving arms of Big rape are waiting for you.
:-)

Soon that Mahomie contract comes due and there won't be any hiding in the comfortable arms of free agency, my man.

Little man better learn how to get his draft licks in NOW while he still has a chance.

Oh who's kidding who? We all know Reid is the guy pulling the strings on draft day anyway.

Mute point. :-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:07 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Ive sen some shit arguments before but a guy with the exact same number as Mack to start their careers, playing as a DE no less, who has missed 2 games in his life and put up good numbers when "hurt", has health issues?
Hell by his standards, the Chiefs would be sitting around huffing bags all day long instead of drafting football players since they all get hurt at some point.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:07 PM 04-23-2019
I don't have access to the medical records but clearly Seattle thought so. People are already spinning it and saying "boy, think about how well he's going to play when he's healthy. he's going to be the GOAT!" I certainly hope that's the case but that's super optimistic, there's just has many guys who have injuries that continue to nag them throughout their careers.
The guy fucking threw Eric Fisher backwards with two fucked up elbows my god
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:07 PM 04-23-2019
Let’s break this down.

The Chiefs would have almost certainly traded away a 2nd round pick to move up on Thursday had this deal not taken place. So that pick was a goner regardless probably.

They swap 3rd rounders and actually go up a bit.

So in a sense, the Chiefs traded up with a 2nd round pick, swapped 3rds, and took Frank Clark (because I think they would have done that Thursday for another player).

That’s not bad at all.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:08 PM 04-23-2019
The tendency for human beings to just double down on a losing argument even when confronted with all evidence showing them to be wrong is always astounding.

You know, I'm always more impressed with someone who admits they were wrong than someone who just keeps doubling down.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:08 PM 04-23-2019
I don’t have any problem with his play. I don’t like adding another possible problem child off the field.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:09 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
The guy ****ing threw Eric Fisher backwards with two ****ed up elbows my god
I know right?! I'm even more on board now.:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:09 PM 04-23-2019
Raush if you look at where we improved in the 3rd this year and the 2nd next year, we basically gave up a 2nd and 3rd round pick for Clark. Is that too much?
Question:

When does "next year" become "this draft" and we actually go in with a full deck and do something resembling competent work?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:09 PM 04-23-2019
Seattle didn't feel like they could pay him because of the Russell Wilson contract and needed picks. Have no idea why you feel the need to push the narrative to anything else.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 140
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132 > Last »
Up