ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 33 of 38
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:03 PM 12-11-2020
I hope the point I'm getting at is clear sorry having a bit of trouble typing out my thought here.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:53 PM 12-11-2020
My wife is getting the vaccine on Wednesday.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:56 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Good stuff. Do you know when you'll be getting it?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:05 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Good stuff. Do you know when you'll be getting it?
Not yet. Because I'm not technically patient-facing, I won't be in the first of the first to get it, even though I have enhanced risk factors.
[Reply]
Azide22 12:10 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
If it was made here--yes.
I figure I will be on the third list anyway.

1. Medical
2. Elderly
3. Essential workers
4. Teachers

106. Politicians
Lol -106!

I'm group 1. I'd rather elderly get it first - seeing their suffering makes me want to see those at most risk to life get it first.
[Reply]
Azide22 12-12-2020, 12:15 AM
This message has been deleted by Azide22.
bringbackmarty 01:04 AM 12-12-2020
Not gonna lie, have a couple of pre-existing conditions and have been intubated in grave condition and survived due to a severe asthma attack 20 years ago, went 8 minutes without drawing a breath, heart pretty much stopped and then that rookie er doc managed to get the tube in me just in time. I will be fighting my way to get it as soon as I can because I have a wife and three kids that need me. I don't want to suffocate to death again or ever get tubed again.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:37 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
Not gonna lie, have a couple of pre-existing conditions and have been intubated in grave condition and survived due to a severe asthma attack 20 years ago, went 8 minutes without drawing a breath, heart pretty much stopped and then that rookie er doc managed to get the tube in me just in time. I will be fighting my way to get it as soon as I can because I have a wife and three kids that need me. I don't want to suffocate to death again or ever get tubed again.
Stay safe man you got this
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:59 AM 12-12-2020
Welp, here is is:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...=featured_home

Key excerpts:

The 50% neutralizing geometric mean titers elicited by 30 μg of BNT162b2 in older and younger adults exceeded the geometric mean titer measured in a human convalescent serum panel, despite a lower neutralizing response in older adults than in younger adults

What that means: it generated a stronger immune response than seen in plasma of those previously infected with COVID

Supplemental analyses indicated that vaccine efficacy among subgroups defined by age, sex, race, ethnicity, obesity, and presence of a coexisting condition was generally consistent with that observed in the overall population

The study was not designed to assess the efficacy of a single-dose regimen. Nevertheless, in the interval between the first and second doses, the observed vaccine efficacy against Covid-19 was 52%, and in the first 7 days after dose 2, it was 91%, reaching full efficacy against disease with onset at least 7 days after dose 2.

What that means: although not definitive, protective benefits are likely even after the first injection
[Reply]
TLO 08:01 AM 12-12-2020
Welp, here is is:

Key excerpts:

The 50% neutralizing geometric mean titers elicited by 30 μg of BNT162b2 in older and younger adults exceeded the geometric mean titer measured in a human convalescent serum panel, despite a lower neutralizing response in older adults than in younger adults

What that means: it generated a stronger immune response than seen in plasma of those previously infected with COVID

Supplemental analyses indicated that vaccine efficacy among subgroups defined by age, sex, race, ethnicity, obesity, and presence of a coexisting condition was generally consistent with that observed in the overall population

The study was not designed to assess the efficacy of a single-dose regimen. Nevertheless, in the interval between the first and second doses, the observed vaccine efficacy against Covid-19 was 52%, and in the first 7 days after dose 2, it was 91%, reaching full efficacy against disease with onset at least 7 days after dose 2.

What that means: although not definitive, protective benefits are likely even after the first injection
Very impressive.

I'm hopeful Moderna has similar results to share with us next week.
[Reply]
O.city 08:04 AM 12-12-2020
Welp, here is is:

Key excerpts:

So with that, wouldn’t it be smarter to vaccinate as many as you can with a single shot vs two? Could spread it out more.
[Reply]
O.city 08:05 AM 12-12-2020
Sounds like I may be able to get it in early January
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:07 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So with that, wouldn’t it be smarter to vaccinate as many as you can with a single shot vs two? Could spread it out more.
The study wasn't powered to analyze efficacy after the first shot. That data is suggestive, not definitive. It was powered to analyze efficacy after the second shot, and it offers a clear and demonstrable increase in efficacy from the first shot. I would stick with the two shot series.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:07 AM 12-12-2020
Why?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:08 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Why?
Because she's a frontline healthcare worker with a history of malignancy and is also not stupid.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:09 AM 12-12-2020
Because she's a frontline healthcare worker with a history of malignancy and is also not stupid.
You're talking to a 50ish year old man who listens to Limp Bizkit, just so you know.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 38
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Up