ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Are you getting a flu shot this year?
Yes 90 59.60%
No 58 38.41%
Gaz says vaccinations cause penis shrinkage 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Are you getting a flu shot this year?
TLO 01:37 PM 10-16-2020
Just got mine this afternoon. How about you?
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:57 PM 10-17-2020
I got mine at HyVee a couple weeks ago. I've gotten one every year for about a decade now. Luckily I haven't had anything worse than a Sinus Infection, and my crappy insurance will pay for the shot; one of the few things they'll pay for without a copay. And I got 20 cents in gas bucks from HyVee. So win win.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:05 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Wuhan lab I think.
:-)
[Reply]
vailpass 07:07 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Also back on flu vaccine topic. I will be getting it since we will be welcoming our 3rd child (3 girls) at the end of the year.
Congrats and best wishes for the health of mother and child.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:30 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
That was the old vaccine, Zostavax. Shingrix was approved three years ago and is substantially more effective, but is a two shot series, with the second shot occurring 2-6 months after the initial. The injection is more painful and there are more side effects immediately after injection (mild flu like symptoms in about 15-20% of the population for a few days), but it is recommended for prevention of both shingles and related nerve pain above Zostavax.
Well, that sucks. I thought I was good to go. :-)

I'll definitely get the new one, though.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 07:40 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Also back on flu vaccine topic. I will be getting it since we will be welcoming our 3rd child (3 girls) at the end of the year.
Congratulations! There is nothing better in life than children. Best wishes for continued good health of both mom and baby.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:18 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Im floored so many of you have had shingles. I don't know anyone who has ever gotten shingles.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Pray you never get them.
I just read about them. Sounds frighteningly painful.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I know someone who had them on their penis. Yeah, it's fucking awful.
Holy fuck, not the twig...

I had it on my face in my 30's, had to see an ophthalmologist every 2-3 days for three weeks to make sure it hadn't spread to an eye - which apparently can blind you.

Good times.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 09:04 AM 10-18-2020
No plans to get the flu shot. I'm not fond of the ingredient list. But hey I'm not a doctor, chemist(although I watched all of breaking bad), or work for big pharma :-), but it's my body.

No Formaldehyde for me.
No Thimerosal for me.
No Sucrose, sorbitol, and monosodium glutamate for me
[Reply]
PHOG 09:10 AM 10-18-2020
That was the old vaccine, Zostavax. Shingrix was approved three years ago and is substantially more effective, but is a two shot series, with the second shot occurring 2-6 months after the initial. The injection is more painful and there are more side effects immediately after injection (mild flu like symptoms in about 15-20% of the population for a few days), but it is recommended for prevention of both shingles and related nerve pain above Zostavax.
Yes, I've had both. As you stated, the Shingrix first shot made me feel like shit for a day, and even the 2nd shot was like the rest of the day feeling kind of bad. And the injection area of my arm was swollen a bit, but not bad.

Definitely better than the shingles, both my Mom and Dad had them. Not anything to mess around with. :-)
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:36 AM 10-18-2020
Got mine last week at CVS and a $10 off deal.
[Reply]
redfan 09:41 AM 10-18-2020
Nope, and I can't remember the last time I got one, probably more than a decade ago. I also don't remember when I last had the flu. Not an anti-vax, just not a fan of needles. You'd think by now they could put it in a pill or something.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:49 AM 10-18-2020
You're a ****ing idiot who has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.
I don't always agree with HJ. As a matter of fact, I have disagreed wth him a lot on here. But in this case, he is correct.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:52 AM 10-18-2020
I have never gotten a flu shot. Never felt it was necessary. I've always been in fairly good health and young enough where the benefits would not have helped me. And my doctor basically told me that But now I have a new grandson and I may just get it to protect him.
[Reply]
splatbass 03:22 PM 10-18-2020
Got mine. I take immunosuppressive drugs and it is highly recommended that I get one, so I do. The flu could be much worse for me than for people with normal immune systems. I have never had an issue with the vaccine.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:28 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I have never gotten a flu shot. Never felt it was necessary. I've always been in fairly good health and young enough where the benefits would not have helped me. And my doctor basically told me that But now I have a new grandson and I may just get it to protect him.
Why would your grandson need protection from the flu? Your grandson would want to het it to protect you.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:38 PM 10-18-2020
Why would your grandson need protection from the flu? Your grandson would want to het it to protect you.
The flu can be deadly for babies.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up