ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 67
« First < 10505657585960 61626364 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BREAKING: Le'Veon Bell to the Chiefs
Dante84 04:39 PM 10-15-2020

Kansas City, #ChiefsKingdom, thank you for the opportunity ���� let’s go! pic.twitter.com/6aEY9GaoA7

— Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) October 15, 2020

pic.twitter.com/mVVZ7KQULX

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) October 15, 2020

[Reply]
prhom 06:06 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I distinctly remember him sexually assaulting 11 men in Red, more than once!

Welcome Leveon, Its Great to have you on OUR team!
I can’t think of a more frustrating player to watch play against us than Bell. Maybe Manning, but still. We could just never get him stopped. I’m with you, glad he’s playing for the good guys now.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:08 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The NFL is literally a place where guys are chewed up and spit out without a care by teams everyday. Yet the minute a player uses the leverage he has to protect himself, he's a dick.

Massive double standard there.
He used his leverage to fuck himself and the Steelers if you want to boil it down to the truth. He didnt get paid as much as the Steelers offered in the end and he wasn't on the team in a season they needed him.

Now he has to play a part time roll for another team and hope he gets a decent payday next year. Big gamble yet again.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:08 PM 10-21-2020
If you watched that press conference and aren't giddy about having a player who was top-5 on the NFL 100 list only two seasons ago, you have no soul and belong in hell next to Scott Pioli.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:09 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He used his leverage to fuck himself and the Steelers if you want to boil it down to the truth. He didnt get paid as much as the Steelers offered in the end and he wasn't on the team in a season they needed him.

Now he has to play a part time roll for another team and hope he gets a decent payday next year. Big gamble yet again.
They franchised him twice for a RB that's fucking him. And that contract they offered was a joke, it has nothing for guaranteed money.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:09 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by prhom:
I can’t think of a more frustrating player to watch play against us than Bell. Maybe Manning, but still. We could just never get him stopped. I’m with you, glad he’s playing for the good guys now.
Keeping him away from another team we could face later in the playoffs like Buffalo is worth it.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:10 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Football is a business with the front office. Not with teammates. He flat out ghosted the entire locker room. He literally told his teammates he'd be there week 1. Then went dead ass silent. The team planned around him being there. Didn't even have the courtesy to tell a single teammate. Not even his own players rep. It was very selfish. Holdouts will tell someone what's going on. Teammates know it's a business. It's why they rarely speak bad about a player holding out. Not a good sign when the entire locker room trashes you.

By the way he also skipped the Jets first voluntary workout even though his team made it clear they preferred he be there.

So yeah, plenty of excuses for why he made the business decisions he made. But his history as a teammate is justifiably sketchy.
And your point is, what?

In the unlikely event that Bell becomes an issue in the locker room, the Chiefs can cut him with minimal financial impact.

Bell has everything to lose in this situation if he becomes a problem (which again is unlikely considering his history of being a supposed “team cancer” is greatly overstated).
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:10 PM 10-21-2020
They franchised him twice for a RB that's ****ing him. And that contract they offered was a joke, it has nothing for guaranteed money.
He still got less $ in the end no matter how you slice it.
[Reply]
prhom 06:14 PM 10-21-2020
Keeping him away from another team we could face later in the playoffs like Buffalo is worth it.
The saying “the best defense is a good offense“ applies on many levels in this case.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:18 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And your point is, what?

In the unlikely event that Bell becomes an issue in the locker room, the Chiefs can cut him with minimal financial impact.

Bell has everything to lose in this situation if he becomes a problem (which again is unlikely considering his history of being a supposed “team cancer” is greatly overstated).
I've said many times I'm excited as hell we got him.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:20 PM 10-21-2020
He still got less $ in the end no matter how you slice it.
Maybe he got less money. Maybe he didn't. Maybe Pittsburgh would've run him into the ground and he would've been injured and never received another guaranteed contract again. Maybe he was okay making less money to bet on himself in a principled way while not being taken advantage of by Pittsburgh.

I don't think it's clear his story is written. Maybe he wins a Super Bowl in KC and rejuvenates his career. Maybe he wins a Super Bowl in KC and doesn't but feels he had a fulfilling NFL career by getting a ring.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:25 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Maybe he got less money. Maybe he didn't. Maybe Pittsburgh would've run him into the ground and he would've been injured and never received another guaranteed contract again. Maybe he was okay making less money to bet on himself in a principled way while not being taken advantage of by Pittsburgh.

I don't think it's clear his story is written. Maybe he wins a Super Bowl in KC and rejuvenates his career. Maybe he wins a Super Bowl in KC and doesn't but feels he had a fulfilling NFL career by getting a ring.
He had a contract offer before the 2nd Franchise tag that would have paid him more than missing out on a season and what he ended up making with the Jets.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:27 PM 10-21-2020
He had a contract offer before the 2nd Franchise tag that would have paid him more than missing out on a season and what he ended up making with the Jets.
Pittsburgh’s final offer, Bell says, fell short: five years, $70 million—$14 million per, with the only fully guaranteed money being a $10 million signing bonus. (The Steelers have a policy of not offering future guarantees in veteran deals.)

Does this sound like a good deal?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:30 PM 10-21-2020
Pittsburgh’s final offer, Bell says, fell short: five years, $70 million—$14 million per, with the only fully guaranteed money being a $10 million signing bonus. (The Steelers have a policy of not offering future guarantees in veteran deals.)

Not really?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:33 PM 10-21-2020

Sounds like a great deal to me.

But I'm not a pro football player or Bell.

The signing bonus sounds kind of low though.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:33 PM 10-21-2020

I see you left off the last sentence there for some odd reason.:-)

Originally Posted by :
Pittsburgh’s final offer, Bell says, fell short: five years, $70 million—$14 million per, with the only fully guaranteed money being a $10 million signing bonus. (The Steelers have a policy of not offering future guarantees in veteran deals.) But it also included $33 million paid out over the first two seasons,
He got $27MM of the Jets money and didnt get paid for a year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...on-bell-12329/

So yea I suppose had Pitt just shit canned him after one year he could have made less but he basically took a year off and turned down 2 year $33MM deal with more on the table and took a 2 year $27MM deal.

Im not an accountant but....1 year no pay plus $6MM less in the 2 years equals around $12-15MM loss assuming he makes 6-9MM in the lost year?

But hey it was a moral victory am I right?
[Reply]
Page 60 of 67
« First < 10505657585960 61626364 > Last »
Up