ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 67
« First < 8485455565758 59606162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BREAKING: Le'Veon Bell to the Chiefs
Dante84 04:39 PM 10-15-2020

Kansas City, #ChiefsKingdom, thank you for the opportunity ���� let’s go! pic.twitter.com/6aEY9GaoA7

— Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) October 15, 2020

pic.twitter.com/mVVZ7KQULX

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) October 15, 2020

[Reply]
penguinz 01:47 PM 10-21-2020
Bell was never a locker room cancer.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:54 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Bell was never a locker room cancer.
His teammates were upset that he WASN'T in the locker room. They wanted him there.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:58 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
The Boys
Also in caddyshack
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:15 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
His teammates were upset that he WASN'T in the locker room. They wanted him there.
This. Specifically, Bell basically told his teammates that he WOULD be there, and then he was a no-show, because he didn't want to spend another year on his 2nd franchise tag. That's what started all the "he's a cancer," stuff. But none of his actual PIT teammates ever called him a cancer. They were literally just unhappy because they expected him to be there, and then he wasn't.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:21 PM 10-21-2020
Antonio Brown is certifiably insane.

Bell just wanted to be taken care of. He played a season on the franchise tag, despite the lack of long-term security, and the Steelers rewarded him by tagging him again.

What he did was completely understandable. He's nothing like Antonio Brown.
I'm not worried about leveon here. But I won't make excuses either. He bailed on his teammates in Pittsburgh. It's one thing to hold out. But he flat out shut out his teammates during the process then completely hung them to dry. When it happened a second time it justifiably sends red flags whether he has reasons or excuses.

I'm excited for him to be here. But he needs to do a lot to earn trust. And we have to have a short leash at any hint of misbehaving.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:05 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm not worried about leveon here. But I won't make excuses either. He bailed on his teammates in Pittsburgh. It's one thing to hold out. But he flat out shut out his teammates during the process then completely hung them to dry. When it happened a second time it justifiably sends red flags whether he has reasons or excuses.

I'm excited for him to be here. But he needs to do a lot to earn trust. And we have to have a short leash at any hint of misbehaving.
Dude, he played on the franchise tag and they tagged him again.

He was rightfully pissed off.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:30 PM 10-21-2020
Dude, he played on the franchise tag and they tagged him again.

He was rightfully pissed off.
Didn't say there's anything wrong with being pissed off. We've seen a billion contract disputes like this. The problem was the way he treated his teammates. They said he didn't talk to any of them. Wouldn't respond to anyone's texts or communications. We've never seen a locker room turn on a holdout like this. Take it out on your front office. Not your teammates. Maybe it was just immaturity. I'm not saying hes guaranteed locker room poison. But I'm not going to make excuses where mistakes were made. He did not handle that well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:42 PM 10-21-2020
Didn't say there's anything wrong with being pissed off. We've seen a billion contract disputes like this. The problem was the way he treated his teammates. They said he didn't talk to any of them. Wouldn't respond to anyone's texts or communications. We've never seen a locker room turn on a holdout like this. Take it out on your front office. Not your teammates. Maybe it was just immaturity. I'm not saying hes guaranteed locker room poison. But I'm not going to make excuses where mistakes were made. He did not handle that well.
He was holding out. He wasn't on the team. It makes sense he wouldn't talk to anybody. I guess I don't see the problem - football is a business.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:59 PM 10-21-2020
Bell saying he has never played with anyone as talented as Patrick Mahomes.

That some shade at Rapelisberger.

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:00 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Bell is just speaking facts
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:02 PM 10-21-2020
He was holding out. He wasn't on the team. It makes sense he wouldn't talk to anybody. I guess I don't see the problem - football is a business.
Football is a business with the front office. Not with teammates. He flat out ghosted the entire locker room. He literally told his teammates he'd be there week 1. Then went dead ass silent. The team planned around him being there. Didn't even have the courtesy to tell a single teammate. Not even his own players rep. It was very selfish. Holdouts will tell someone what's going on. Teammates know it's a business. It's why they rarely speak bad about a player holding out. Not a good sign when the entire locker room trashes you.

By the way he also skipped the Jets first voluntary workout even though his team made it clear they preferred he be there.

So yeah, plenty of excuses for why he made the business decisions he made. But his history as a teammate is justifiably sketchy.
[Reply]
Pants 04:11 PM 10-21-2020
Football is a business with the front office. Not with teammates. He flat out ghosted the entire locker room. He literally told his teammates he'd be there week 1. Then went dead ass silent. The team planned around him being there. Didn't even have the courtesy to tell a single teammate. Not even his own players rep. It was very selfish. Holdouts will tell someone what's going on. Teammates know it's a business. It's why they rarely speak bad about a player holding out. Not a good sign when the entire locker room trashes you.

By the way he also skipped the Jets first voluntary workout even though his team made it clear they preferred he be there.

So yeah, plenty of excuses for why he made the business decisions he made. But his history as a teammate is justifiably sketchy.
I don't think those two factors justify calling his teammate history as sketchy.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:31 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Bell is just speaking facts
Other than that is not what he said. He said he never played with an MVP before.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:42 PM 10-21-2020

:-)

Bell didn't contact anyone on the advice of agent, who was trying to get a long term deal worked out for him after being tagged the year before.

Good fucking grief.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:50 PM 10-21-2020

:-)
[Reply]
Page 58 of 67
« First < 8485455565758 59606162 > Last »
Up