ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 67
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BREAKING: Le'Veon Bell to the Chiefs
Dante84 04:39 PM 10-15-2020

Kansas City, #ChiefsKingdom, thank you for the opportunity ���� let’s go! pic.twitter.com/6aEY9GaoA7

— Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) October 15, 2020

pic.twitter.com/mVVZ7KQULX

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) October 15, 2020

[Reply]
Megatron96 06:43 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Sure. But I mean, that's not a problem as it is for us.

But alright. I'm not going to second guess Andy and Veach.
Really? Please list the LBs the Chiefs will have to face from week 8 forward that can cover that guy.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 06:44 PM 10-15-2020
It's probably a one year rental that's dirt cheap and helps with very thin depth at running back. Again even if he's 70-80 percent to what he was pre-Jets there's no downside here
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:45 PM 10-15-2020
well, I mean, he's a talent.

As a runner, I think he's a poor fit. I actually was concerned he might go to like the Raiders or the Titans or something. He fits that big, straight ahead line kind of thing.

as a receiver, yeah, he's a good receiving back, and I'm sure Andy can find ways to use him.

He was inexpensive to grab, and it keeps him away from teams that could use him to hurt us.

Anyone that thinks he's going to solve our problems running the ball is going to be disappointed I think.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 06:46 PM 10-15-2020
Takes a lot of pressure and some workload off the rookie. Plus third and short. Patrick and HB can deal with any locker room stuff. Nice Bart!
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:47 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sammy Watkins just tweaked a hamstring. Knowing Sammy, that's 4-6 weeks in the tub.

So yeah, right now it is a problem.
Apparently Andy (or EB) thinks SS14 will be out about 2-3 weeks. Or less, which is why he's not on IR.

Or, that's the blurb said.
[Reply]
Coach 06:48 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by YayMike:
I care if it’s more than 1 year and thus a big cap number next year
It's been widely reported that it's a one year. So he's a FA again after this season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:48 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sammy Watkins just tweaked a hamstring. Knowing Sammy, that's 4-6 weeks in the tub.

So yeah, right now it is a problem.
It's not like he's going to play WR.

Clyde is an excellent receiver. Williams doesn't have the same route tree, but has proven to be a good receiving back. I mean, maybe Bell is a better receiver, but how much efficiency difference are we talking?

I ain't mad about it. He was released, so he isn't costing us. Nabbing him keeps him away from rivals that could use him to hurt us in January- so it's all good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:48 PM 10-15-2020

As a runner, I think he's a poor fit. I actually was concerned he might go to like the Raiders or the Titans or something. He fits that big, straight ahead line kind of thing.

as a receiver, yeah, he's a good receiving back, and I'm sure Andy can find ways to use him.

He was inexpensive to grab, and it keeps him away from teams that could use him to hurt us.

Anyone that thinks he's going to solve our problems running the ball is going to be disappointed I think.
I don't think anybody here thinks he's going to solve our problems running the ball.

But there's no downside. At best, he's another weapon and makes the offense harder to stop.

At worst, they cut him and they're out nothing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:49 PM 10-15-2020
I bet we see him and CEH on the field at the same time, with both of them lined up at WR at least a few times.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:49 PM 10-15-2020

I don’t know that anyone thinks he’s fixing everything, but I think he helps.

For one, depth. If Clyde pulls a hammy tomorrow, we had nothing behind him at all that could threaten a defense or even be trusted to make plays. Now they’ve got that piece.

Currently, defenses are throwing these 8 man zone coverages at us and he can really help in that area as a short passing option who is very hard to tackle in space.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:50 PM 10-15-2020
The man can block, run and catch but he doesn't fit?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:51 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
just found this..

Adam Teicher
@adamteicher
FYI, Bell can't according to NFL protocols enter their facility or start to practice until he tests negative for 5 straight days and then tests negative on the 6th day with a point of contact test. So he won't practice for about a week at best.

so Im thinking his debut will be...wait for it...NOV against the NY JETS!!!!

I assume he tested today, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. Practice on Wednesday. He’ll see some action vs the Donks.
[Reply]
Coach 06:51 PM 10-15-2020

Clyde is an excellent receiver. Williams doesn't have the same route tree, but has proven to be a good receiving back. I mean, maybe Bell is a better receiver, but how much efficiency difference are we talking?

I ain't mad about it. He was released, so he isn't costing us. Nabbing him keeps him away from rivals that could use him to hurt us in January- so it's all good.
I rather have a 70-80% Bell over a 100% Williams or Thompson one way another.

Clyde can't play every down, and he's going to need a breather here and there.

I would also say that Bell does make a good slot receiver if needed. I would also argue that Bell is a good insurance policy, should (god forbid) something happen to Clyde.

If Bell decides to go all Terrell Owens and being a attention whore/prima donna, then the Chiefs can just cut him with minimal cap charge.

This is a very low risk, high reward type of move.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:51 PM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Really? Please list the LBs the Chiefs will have to face from week 8 forward that can cover that guy.
How many LB'ers can cover Clyde?

I mean Bell's a good receiving back, but is he really BETTER at that than Clyde?

It's cool, I ain't mad about it, because we didn't have to pay and arm and a leg for him. And it keeps him away from teams that could use him to hurt us in January.

I just think he's kind of an odd fit. Bad fit as a runner stylistically, but good receiving back, which Andy can always use. It's cool, I just think it's kind of weird.

But I ain't mad about it. I'm not picking this hill to die on.

I sure would feel better if we had signed a starting quality OG or TWO.
[Reply]
flinchfree 06:52 PM 10-15-2020

Chiefs running backs NOT name Clyde Ewards-Helaire

Darryl Williams
Darwin Thomspson
Deandre Washington

While 'solving' positional weakness is nearly impossible in-season, you don't think he HELPS our problems at running back?:-)
[Reply]
Page 20 of 67
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up