ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 54
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
The Lounge>So itís really just the Steelers right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesnít it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. Theyíre a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them itís not like theyíre some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

Weíre just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:51 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It was 26-14 in the beginning of the 4th and the Steelers got lazy. We did that all the time against Rivers.

Guess that by your logic that means we aren’t near as good either since we got raped by Derek Carr, who you claim sucks a giant bag of dicks :-)
Ok I was trying to be nice, but since you want to be a fucking moron, I’m going to call it like I see it.

This is what you do when you’re trying to spin a narrative and every single time you look like a fucking idiot.

The Broncos and Steelers game was 14-17 (not 26-14 like you’re implying) going into the 4th. The Steelers scored 9 in the 4th, while the Broncos scored 7. It is intellectually dishonest to say that they didn’t struggle with a really bad football team. They absolutely did. The thing is, it wasn’t just that game either. They didn’t look all that great against the Giants and Texans either. Those 3 teams have a combined 2 fucking wins. Hell, they didn’t look great last week either considering all of the injuries the Eagles have and how bad Wentz has been playing. They haven’t beaten a team that’s won more than 1 fucking game and they aren’t destroying these teams by any means.

As for bringing up the Chiefs struggles, you’re trying to compare the Broncos with Driskel at QB to the Chargers and the fucking Raiders. It’s not even close and you know it. You can’t on one hand say the Broncos were SO bad without Lock that they had virtually no chance against arguably the WORST TEAM IN NFL HISTORY, then turn around and ignore the fact that the Steelers struggled with that same team. That’s how I know you’re full of fucking shit.

The point here isn’t that the Steelers are a bad football team. They aren’t. They have a really good defense and a good QB with some weapons. They (along with the Browns) will give the Ravens a much harder time in the race for that division than they had last year.

The problem is you’re sitting here trying to tell us that they’re a 14-2/13-3 football team. They aren’t. Those kind of teams blow bad teams out. The Steelers haven’t blown ANYBODY out despite not playing a team that’s won more than 1 game so far. That’s the fucking point. They’re good. They’re a playoff team. That’s it. Stop trying to make them out to be a juggernaut because you sound like a fucking dumbass that desperately wants to be right.
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 01:19 PM 10-17-2020
Lulz more excuses for other teams. Squeelers are not impressive
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 01:29 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Lulz more excuses for other teams. Squeelers are not impressive
Don't count your chickens in week 6. Too soon
[Reply]
RunKC 01:32 PM 10-17-2020
Steelers a juggernaut? Wtf? :-)

Never said that dude. Itís pretty fair to say they are the 2nd best team in the conference though and undoubtedly the best roster to face us in the AFC.

I donít care about them not blowing people out if they are finish games with Wís. Ravens blow bad teams out all the time and what have they done? They lose against the big boys, thatís what.

Give me a historically good franchise with the healthy HOF QB, good overall talent and elite pass rush/defense over these other fraud teams.

Ravens, Bills and Titans are all the same to me. Theyíre Martyball teams with QBís being hidden by bootlegs and the play action from the run. They also donít have dick for a pass rush.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 01:37 PM 10-17-2020
Pitt is currently number 2 in total defense.
Impressive even in a flag football scoring season.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:42 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Steelers a juggernaut? Wtf? :-)

Never said that dude. It’s pretty fair to say they are the 2nd best team in the conference though and undoubtedly the best roster to face us in the AFC.

I don’t care about them not blowing people out if they are finish games with W’s. Ravens blow bad teams out all the time and what have they done? They lose against the big boys, that’s what.

Give me a historically good franchise with the healthy HOF QB, good overall talent and elite pass rush/defense over these other fraud teams.

Ravens, Bills and Titans are all the same to me. They’re Martyball teams with QB’s being hidden by bootlegs and the play action from the run. They also don’t have dick for a pass rush.
You’re putting them down for 14-2 or 13-3 at worst despite still having to play the Ravens twice, Browns twice, Colts, Titans, and Bills.

If you don’t think they’re a juggernaut, then you’re severely underrating those teams because they’re MUCH better than ANYBODY the Steelers have played so far.

You might not be technically saying they’re a juggernaut, but you sure are sucking their dicks like they are.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:49 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Pitt is currently number 2 in total defense.
Impressive even in a flag football scoring season.
They’ve also played 3 of the absolute worst QB’s in football this year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:52 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Pitt is currently number 2 in total defense.
Impressive even in a flag football scoring season.
It's funny how people keep referencing these kinds of generalized stats as if they really mean something.

Last year through the first 8 weeks it was the Patriots that had the "best overall defense in the league." That proved to be smoke and mirrors.

Then as the playoffs approached, it was the Bills have the best defense. The same defense that got picked apart by the Texans.

And the talking heads spent all of last season, including the playoffs, repeating the same nonsense about the Chiefs defense, particularly against the run. In spite of the fact that all the stats implied that the Chiefs run defense had greatly improved after week 10, and that overall the Chiefs D was a top tier unit for the last 6 weeks of the season.

The Steelers defense is a good one, but the fact is they haven't really played anyone yet. The same situation the Patriots had last season. They were "great" because they played a bunch of teams that hadn't won a game.

How many games have the Steelers' opponents won so far?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:56 PM 10-17-2020
The Steelers opponents are 3-15-1 to answer your question Megatron.

You’d have trouble finding a team with an easier schedule so far. They’ve proven absolutely nothing and their largest margin of victory is a whopping 10 points.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 02:00 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Theyíve also played 3 of the absolute worst QBís in football this year.
Well, in case you haven't noticed the last 3 years. Parity means everyone sucks. Strength of schedule doesn't mean shit this year either.
Every year I see comments "they haven't played a good team yet. No one has! They all suck!

A number 2 defense after 6 games, is still a number 2 defense.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 02:04 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Steelers opponents are 3-15-1 to answer your question Megatron.

Youíd have trouble finding a team with an easier schedule so far. Theyíve proven absolutely nothing and their largest margin of victory is a whopping 10 points.
Losing teams, lose to winning teams. That's how sports works.
Pitt beats teams they're supposed to? Gee whiz, who'da think?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:08 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Losing teams, lose to winning teams. That's how sports works.
Pitt beats teams they're supposed to? Gee whiz, who'da think?
If they even blew 1 of those bad teams out, you might have a point. It’s not just about who they beat, it’s the fact that they haven’t even been that dominant despite playing those awful teams.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 02:14 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If they even blew 1 of those bad teams out, you might have a point. Itís not just about who they beat, itís the fact that they havenít even been that dominant despite playing those awful teams.
Do you remember? the league told the officials to let them play this year= increased scoring. No one's blowing anyone out but the league will make sure the teams they choose to, will win.

Pitt v Eagles for example. Phil had no business being that close or scoring that much.
People use to say Madden isn't a sim game.lol apparently it's exactly how the nfl works
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 02:24 PM 10-17-2020
The NFL's offensive surge in 2020 has pushed into historic territory. The league has averaged a combined 51.3 points per game, the highest through four weeks of a season since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger
-----------------------------
Since the merger? Really? They are straight telling you it's done as promotional tool. We gotta sell the new teams so let scores go up. We gotta entertain people because they can't go to games and haven't seen sports for 6 months= more scoring.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:27 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Youíre putting them down for 14-2 or 13-3 at worst despite still having to play the Ravens twice, Browns twice, Colts, Titans, and Bills.

If you donít think theyíre a juggernaut, then youíre severely underrating those teams because theyíre MUCH better than ANYBODY the Steelers have played so far.

You might not be technically saying theyíre a juggernaut, but you sure are sucking their dicks like they are.
Itís just saying what they are. Theyíre a very good team who won 8 games with the worst QB situation theyíve arguably ever had last season. They have a very good defense, HOF QB and some renewed weapons like Chase Claypool to boost their offense.

I just donít see the bust potential in them like the other teams mentioned. They could easily lose a game to an average team go 12-4. Hell we just did. Happens to every team.

Itís not saying the Steelers are some juggernaut. Theyíre just a better franchise with a better QB and a better overall team than those other ones.

In the end itís all about talent, coaching and QB. We obviously lead the league in that, but I think that the Steelers are 2nd by a decent margin over these other teams.

Just watch. We embarrassed Lamar bc heís overrated. Same thing happened to Tannehill when we stopped the run last January. Same thing happened to Josh Allen in Tennessee a few days ago.

These QBís are frauds and even if Big Ben isnít as good as he used to be, heís still a far better option.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 54
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up