ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 63
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:37 AM 10-19-2020
Glory recommended this is one of these threads and I bought one for myself.

This is a cutting mofo. Especially for the price.

I have a rental house next to me that always ends up with some POS living there one way or another. And the owner doesn't give a shit about anything that will cost him money. As a result I ended up with three trees, 8-10 inch diameter, 25' tall, growing along and into my the fence line. And the asshole wouldn't do anything about it.
So about a week after the last renter moved out I got out my nice and quiet Sun chainsaw early one morning, hopped the fence and dropped all three trees into his backyard. They covered almost every square foot of his back yard when down. He finally had to hire someone to cut the damn things up and haul them off.
Never heard a peep from him about it.:-)

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-SWJ80...3117371&sr=8-1

$100 give or take.

Sun Joe SWJ806E 8-Inch 8.0 Amp 2-in-1 Convertible Pole Chain Saw, Green
Attached: 71INI-hGmIL._AC_SX522_.jpg (13.0 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:41 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Glory recommended this is one of these threads and I bought one for myself.

This is a cutting mofo. Especially for the price.

I have a rental house next to me that always ends up with some POS living there one way or another. And the owner doesn't give a shit about anything that will cost him money. As a result I ended up with three trees, 8-10 inch diameter, 25' tall, growing along and into my the fence line. And the asshole wouldn't do anything about it.
So about a week after the last renter moved out I got out my nice and quiet Sun chainsaw early one morning, hopped the fence and dropped all three trees into his backyard. They covered almost every square foot of his back yard when down. He finally had to hire someone to cut the damn things up and haul them off.
Never heard a peep from him about it.:-)

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Joe-SWJ80...3117371&sr=8-1

$100 give or take.

Sun Joe SWJ806E 8-Inch 8.0 Amp 2-in-1 Convertible Pole Chain Saw, Green
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:43 AM 10-19-2020
I would be remiss if I forget this device. Amazing...

[Reply]
stumppy 08:47 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

I bought one of those and it helped but only for a little while. Ended up giving it to a friend. It helps him a lot with his hack pain and he uses it regularly.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:01 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I bought one of those and it helped but only for a little while. Ended up giving it to a friend. It helps him a lot with his hack pain and he uses it regularly.
4-6 minutes a day is all I do and it has done wonders. With teaching scuba I end up doing quite a bit of walking around with the kit on my back and also standing in waist-deep water, it tends to cause some compression in the spine and in my 50s, it's not quite as easy deal with like it was in my 20s. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 09:05 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
I recently purchased a Sonos Move, and I am really digging the versatility and quality of the sound. It's pricey, but if you're obsessed with quality like I am, it's a no-brainer type of purchase for a portable speaker (wi-fi AND bluetooth to boot!).
I have the sonos surround in my living room, playbar, 2 1's, sub, it's expensive as shit but very very nice.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:22 AM 10-19-2020

I have a Teeter exactly like that one, got it at Dick's on sale for $250 at Christmas 3 years ago. I had very bad lower back pain and couldn't walk around the grocery store or the mall without sitting down every 5 minutes. I had a X-ray and they said I had a degenerative L1 thru L5, and I was 67 at the time, so they said it's not going to get better and I needed fusion surgery.

I told my doctor let me try a couple of things first. I spent $1900 and 3 weeks with a chiropractor, total waste of time. Then I bought the inversion table and started out with just a slight inversion for only about 5 minutes a day. Every week I increased the amount to where now I'm about 170 degrees inverted. All my back pain went away after about 5 weeks, it's the greatest thing ever. It doesn't work for everyone, I recommended to 3 people at the gym and they all said it didn't help. I guess they don't give it enough time or can't stand being inverted.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:45 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I have a Teeter exactly like that one, got it at Dick's on sale for $250 at Christmas 3 years ago. I had very bad lower back pain and couldn't walk around the grocery store or the mall without sitting down every 5 minutes. I had a X-ray and they said I had a degenerative L1 thru L5, and I was 67 at the time, so they said it's not going to get better and I needed fusion surgery.

I told my doctor let me try a couple of things first. I spent $1900 and 3 weeks with a chiropractor, total waste of time. Then I bought the inversion table and started out with just a slight inversion for only about 5 minutes a day. Every week I increased the amount to where now I'm about 170 degrees inverted. All my back pain went away after about 5 weeks, it's the greatest thing ever. It doesn't work for everyone, I recommended to 3 people at the gym and they all said it didn't help. I guess they don't give it enough time or can't stand being inverted.
To say the least I'm one of the ones it has worked for. And I 100% wanted to avoid the recurring costs of a chiropractor! That being said, I progressed through the green, orange and red setting on the tether in a few days, now I've got it disconnected and have the hinges all the way in, so I'm getting the maximum stretch right now. And the puppies love it when "I'm hanging"... But 2-3 minutes in the morning, sometimes at lunch too, and then in the evening have done good things for me. :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 10:49 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I have the sonos surround in my living room, playbar, 2 1's, sub, it's expensive as shit but very very nice.
I have the same. The sub adds a lot.
[Reply]
SuperChief 11:23 AM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's next on my list. I'm pretty stoked to get into the Sonos ecosystem. I like their engineering and the quality seems very high.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 12:25 PM 10-19-2020
... But 203 minutes in the morning, sometimes at lunch too, and then in the evening have done good things for me. :-)
Did you really say 203 minutes? I have never done more than once a day and ten minutes the most. Now after 3 years I only need five minutes about 4 days a week and my back is fine.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:28 PM 10-19-2020
Did you really say 203 minutes? I have never done more than once a day and ten minutes the most. Now after 3 years I only need five minutes about 4 days a week and my back is fine.
Sorry, 2-3 minutes... But usually twice a day, sometimes 3 times a day. Perhaps I should upgrade to 10 minutes..
[Reply]
DeepPurple 12:37 PM 10-19-2020
All this surround sound setups, am I the only one that used their stereo system and converted to the TV watching, in my case I watch a lot of live concerts from youtube. I have 2 Sansui Speakers S 117 speakers and 2 Sansui Speakers S 917 for the rear.

Front channel

Rear channel

I added a Polk Audio center channel and Polk Sub-woofer.

Hook it up to a 75" Samsung 4K TV and my Sony amp which had about 20 audio choices and it's a fantastic theater experience and will blow you out of the room if you're not careful.

[Reply]
DeepPurple 12:39 PM 10-19-2020
Sorry, 2-3 minutes... But usually twice a day, sometimes 3 times a day. Perhaps I should upgrade to 10 minutes..
I find the more I do it, the less time I need. Maybe 2 or 3 minutes is good for you, that's about all that I spend but I also don't go everyday anymore. Maybe 4 or 5 days a week.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:41 PM 10-19-2020
All this surround sound setups, am I the only one that used their stereo system and converted to the TV watching, in my case I watch a lot of live concerts from youtube. I have 2 Sansui Speakers S 117 speakers and 2 Sansui Speakers S 917 for the rear.

Front channel

Rear channel

I added a Polk Audio center channel and Polk Sub-woofer.

Hook it up to a 75" Samsung 4K TV and my Sony amp which had about 20 audio choices and it's a fantastic theater experience and will blow you out of the room if you're not careful.

All my audio stuff in the living room is Polk, 7 channel surround. Bedroom is 5-channel, uses Infinity Primus and Polk bookshelf speakers for fill. Awesome. Amps are both Denon, used to have Yamaha but I've come to like Denon better.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 63
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up