ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 57
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

Easy 6 07:02 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
This is the truth. We saw how it went in the non-political COVID thread. I have my doubts fairness rules the day.
Eh, lets give' em the benefit of the doubt...

We're all still learning to navigate this krazy new 24/7 all pervasive political reality
eDave 07:04 PM 10-07-2020
I'll just say my goodbyes to daface again right now.
Marcellus 07:05 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
This should actually make him happy.
Spott 07:08 PM 10-07-2020
This is the truth. We saw how it went in the non-political COVID thread. I have my doubts fairness rules the day.
I put that thread on ignore months ago, along with all the other political stuff that got started in the lounge around the same time. It’s definitely apparent that political opinions are ok in the lounge, just as long as they align with a certain side.
eDave 07:10 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I put that thread on ignore months ago, along with all the other political stuff that got started in the lounge around the same time. It’s definitely apparent that political opinions are ok in the lounge, just as long as they align with a certain side.
There's really no reason for that thread anymore. Same shit over and over, IMO. Ain't been there in a while.
htismaqe 07:11 PM 10-07-2020
That's absolutely not true.

There's plenty of BOTH sides in the COVID thread.

There's plenty of BOTH sides in the NBA thread (now moved).

I don't care which side you're on, if you say only one side is tolerated, you're lying to yourself.
SuperBowl4 07:15 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Eh, lets give' em the benefit of the doubt...

We're all still learning to navigate this krazy new 24/7 all pervasive political reality
THE C0VID IS A HOAX REALITY? A GLOBAL RESET? A NEW WORLD ORDER? I GET IT.
Easy 6 07:15 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Noooooo
eDave 07:16 PM 10-07-2020
haha.

Let the bannings begin, ITT.
Bearcat 07:20 PM 10-07-2020
Number of reported posts for politics in the Lounge in the past ~week: 7
Number of thread bans for those posts in the past week: 7

Number of reported posts all time from both of you combined: 0
Buehler445 07:20 PM 10-07-2020
Politics suck. Thus ends my contribution to this thread.
GloryDayz 07:23 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
One would have to assume threads like the Whitlock thread in the main forum either need to be moved or not apply.
Agree. Political topics started in the not-DC simply need to be moved to the DC.
eDave 07:29 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Agree. Political topics started in the not-DC simply need to be moved to the DC.
Oh stop. That one wasn't political until it was made political. Many, many people weren't the ones to make it political. Excuses for lack of self control will not be accepted as valid reasoning.
Easy 6 07:29 PM 10-07-2020
DaFace is our General, we will fight together... Strength and Honor
SuperBowl4 07:29 PM 10-07-2020
:-)
Page 18 of 57
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up