ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 507 of 660
« First < 7407457497503504505506507 508509510511517557607 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:19 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Honestly I think if the fighters want to fight it's gonna happen.
I hope that's how it works, it would have to be a joint UFC/Money promotion. Dana wouldn't settle for less.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:21 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I hope that's how it works, it would have to be a joint UFC/Money promotion. Dana wouldn't settle for less.
I think a ton of conor's side of the money would go to the ufc too.
[Reply]
alnorth 07:59 AM 03-08-2017
The hangup is probably the money that the UFC would get. Who knows what is going on, but it could be that Floyd wants the headliners to get like 80% of the total revenue (with Floyd getting most of that 80%) and the UFC gets 20%, and the UFC might want it 50/50. (promotors usually get 30-40%, but Mayweather would probably want to co-promote and split that portion) Also, the UFC absolutely would want to control the rest of the main card and the undercard.

Floyd is basically mocking Conor by saying he's not really the boss and Conor doesn't really control his future like Conor has been claiming because he still has to get approval from the UFC.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:10 AM 03-08-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
The hangup is probably the money that the UFC would get. Who knows what is going on, but it could be that Floyd wants the headliners to get like 80% of the total revenue (with Floyd getting most of that 80%) and the UFC gets 20%, and the UFC might want it 50/50. (promotors usually get 30-40%, but Mayweather would probably want to co-promote and split that portion) Also, the UFC absolutely would want to control the rest of the main card and the undercard.

Floyd is basically mocking Conor by saying he's not really the boss and Conor doesn't really control his future like Conor has been claiming because he still has to get approval from the UFC.
Yeah, Conor thinks he's running shit, but in this case he has zero leverage. He may be the highest paid fighter in the UFC but that doesn't mean Dana doesn't still own him.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:14 PM 03-09-2017
The UFC fight night this weekend is pretty damn good by free TV standards. There will be no Bellator for the next 3 weekends, not that many would notice.

This weekend's schedule:

Friday

nothing

Saturday

10am - (Fightpass) Fight Nights Global 61, whatever that is. Judging by tapology, its a typical regional card, and well below Bellator standards. No top-100 fighters.

7pm TV - (6pm Fightpass/FS1) UFC Fight Night Belfort vs. Gastelum

This may end up being one of the best free cards of the year, definitely better than a bad PPV. The main event is not special, but its a very deep card. The entire main card is good, and even the prelims have some interesting fights. This is one of the 1 or 2 big free shows that the UFC always tries to put on in Brazil every year.

midnight - (Fightpass) Pancrase 286

Pretty good by regional show standards, there's a couple world top-100 ranked fighters but its in the middle of the night. Cool thing about Pancrase is they don't waste time, when a fight ends they go straight to the next fight. If there's a lot of early stoppages, then its just a short show.

Sunday

Nothing if you don't count Pancrase
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:37 PM 03-09-2017
Just ordered my tix to the April 15th UFC event!
[Reply]
alnorth 06:40 PM 03-09-2017
Ditto, got row 18 for me and my brother. Thats a fantastic card too, hopefully the MMA Gods are kind and let them reach the cage on weight and (mostly) injury-free.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:15 AM 03-10-2017
This seems to be a minor miracle these days. Everyone made weight, that entire solid Brazil card is good to go for tomorrow.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:19 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Just ordered my tix to the April 15th UFC event!
Me too, I'm pretty hyped. It should be a fantastic event.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:23 AM 03-10-2017
I really don't like Bisping, but I hate the idea of GSP coming back from his self imposed hiatus and getting an immediate title shot in a weight class he's never fought at.
I totally agree, he should have to earn it like everyone else
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:33 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I totally agree, he should have to earn it like everyone else
There are some really good 185ers that would eat Bisping's lunch. It's all about the cash though and GSP will be a much bigger PPV sell to the casual fan.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:44 AM 03-10-2017
There are some really good 185ers that would eat Bisping's lunch. It's all about the cash though and GSP will be a much bigger PPV sell to the casual fan.
Is there a more boring fighter than Bisping?

He isnt athletic, doesnt have any crazy moves or kicks

He doesnt have heavy hands, rarely knocks anyone out

He isnt some powerful ground and pounder, always stays on his feet

Basically he just seems to wanna outpoint people with technical boxing... and then of course theres his big fat mouth, cant ****ing stand that guy
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:13 AM 03-10-2017

Basically he just seems to wanna outpoint people with technical boxing... and then of course theres his big fat mouth, cant ****ing stand that guy
I've always felt he was over rated and overvalued by the UFC. Cockeyed prick
[Reply]
New World Order 11:28 AM 03-10-2017

He's exciting only when he gets knocked out.
[Reply]
alnorth 11:32 AM 03-10-2017

There are a lot of guys who are more boring than Bisping. His thing is volume, few (or no?) fighters throw more strikes than him, and he's got cardio for days. In the 5th round he'll still be coming forward and throwing. When I think of boring fighters, a guy who throws more strikes than anyone else doesn't jump to mind.
[Reply]
Page 507 of 660
« First < 7407457497503504505506507 508509510511517557607 > Last »
Up