ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 503 of 660
« First < 3403453493499500501502503 504505506507513553603 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 03:58 PM 02-17-2017
News today:

GSP just signed a new contract with the UFC.

USADA granted a retroactive TUE to Cyborg, so she is now clear to fight.

edit:

Originally Posted by :
Under the UFC TUE Policy, to receive approval of a TUE, athletes must submit medical records demonstrating a verifiable medical diagnosis and legitimate medical need for the requested medication in accordance with the applicable WADA guidelines. At least two members of USADA’s independent TUE Committee (TUEC) – comprised of medical experts with various areas of expertise from around the U.S. – must individually review the TUE application, after which a recommendation is made to USADA as to whether the TUE should be granted or denied.

In the case of Justino, the application for a TUE was granted because the athlete had an unequivocally diagnosed chronic medical condition for which the use of Spironolactone is the appropriate standard of care. Further, it was determined that the athlete and her medical team pursued and exhausted all non-prohibited alternatives and that the low dose of the medication is consistent with best medical practice to treat her condition and would return the athlete to a normal state of health without providing a performance-enhancing benefit.

[Reply]
alnorth 05:46 PM 02-18-2017
lolololol

Mitrione is ill, and out, the main event for Bellator tonight is cancelled. The CSAC is forcing Bellator to give full refunds to any fans who ask for it before the main event.

Chael Sonnen tried to volunteer to fight Fedor with just hours notice and Bellator tried to make it happen, but it didn't come together.

edit: It was a kidney stone. Mitrione still wanted to fight, but the commission pulled him.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:24 PM 02-18-2017
Originally Posted by alnorth:
lolololol

Mitrione is ill, and out, the main event for Bellator tonight is cancelled. The CSAC is forcing Bellator to give full refunds to any fans who ask for it before the main event.

Chael Sonnen tried to volunteer to fight Fedor with just hours notice and Bellator tried to make it happen, but it didn't come together.

edit: It was a kidney stone. Mitrione still wanted to fight, but the commission pulled him.

Unfucking real.

I was looking forward to this.
[Reply]
Pueblo Chieftan 08:41 PM 02-18-2017
GSP should fight Cyborg....

now that's a match !

Just imagine...they roll around and grapple for 2 rounds and then F*** for the entire 3rd.

now that's a Pay-Per-View !
[Reply]
jd1020 11:25 PM 02-18-2017
Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan:

now that's a match !

Just imagine...they roll around and grapple for 2 rounds and then F*** for the entire 3rd.

Who would pay to see Cyborg ****? Hell, who would even watch for free?
[Reply]
Pueblo Chieftan 12:23 AM 02-19-2017
Well, she's no Paige Van Zant I'll give you that, however, everybody and their mother watched(or attempted to) 2 girls and a cup, for free...
[Reply]
jd1020 03:33 AM 02-19-2017
I would venture to say that a lot of people that watched that video had no knowledge of what it was before clicking on it. Luckily I caught wind of it from friends before someone was like "hey watch this!"
[Reply]
Pueblo Chieftan 11:33 AM 02-19-2017
Right. In my case somebody dared me even bet me $20 that I couldn't watch it for 2:00 minutes without looking away in disgust. I lost that bet by the way:-)
[Reply]
alnorth 11:47 AM 02-22-2017
Schedule

Thursday

10am - (Fightpass) - EFN 59, I guess you can watch this if you have the day off?

Friday

7pm - (Fightpass) - Glory 38 (kickboxing)
8pm - (Spike) - Bellator 173

Saturday and Sunday

nothing

So, one good resource you can use when looking at cards from B-level promotions and/or fighters you never heard of is tapology.com

Those guys go really deep on rankings, I'm not sure how they do it, but they have a top-100 world list for every division, and then beyond the top 100 in the world they also have lists for every region. (Southwest USA, Midwest, UK, Japan, etc) For small regions you might have a top-10 and for large regions you might have a top-100. If you want to know, say, the #8 welterweight in Illinois who is not ranked worldwide, they have that guy. (just looked it up, its some dude who went pro after going 4-0 as an amateur and fought 3 times in 2016 as a pro, going 1-2)

Anyway, I don't recognize hardly anyone on that Bellator card, and judging from Tapology its a very, very bad card even by Bellator standards. Impressively bad. The main event is mildly interesting with the #16 LHW fighting some can who is only regionally ranked, but the rest of the card has nothing. Bellator events usually have a lot of top-100 fighters with the occasional regional fighter, and this card is way worse than that.

I guess there's boxing on Saturday, but this is a good weekend to completely ignore combat sports, next weekend will be a lot better.

edit: just for laughs, I checked to see how deep the regional rankings go for what is probably a deep pool: LW fighters in Brazil. Holy crap, they have a top-793 list for that group. The very worst pro Brazilian LW fighter, at #793, is a guy who fought 6 times in 2016, going 0-6, finished every time with 3 KO's and 3 subs.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:21 PM 02-22-2017
Schedule

Thursday

10am - (Fightpass) - EFN 59, I guess you can watch this if you have the day off?

Friday

7pm - (Fightpass) - Glory 38 (kickboxing)
8pm - (Spike) - Bellator 173

Saturday and Sunday

nothing

So, one good resource you can use when looking at cards from B-level promotions and/or fighters you never heard of is tapology.com

Those guys go really deep on rankings, I'm not sure how they do it, but they have a top-100 world list for every division, and then beyond the top 100 in the world they also have lists for every region. (Southwest USA, Midwest, UK, Japan, etc) For small regions you might have a top-10 and for large regions you might have a top-100. If you want to know, say, the #8 welterweight in Illinois who is not ranked worldwide, they have that guy. (just looked it up, its some dude who went pro after going 4-0 as an amateur and fought 3 times in 2016 as a pro, going 1-2)

Anyway, I don't recognize hardly anyone on that Bellator card, and judging from Tapology its a very, very bad card even by Bellator standards. Impressively bad. The main event is mildly interesting with the #16 LHW fighting some can who is only regionally ranked, but the rest of the card has nothing. Bellator events usually have a lot of top-100 fighters with the occasional regional fighter, and this card is way worse than that.

I guess there's boxing on Saturday, but this is a good weekend to completely ignore combat sports, next weekend will be a lot better.

edit: just for laughs, I checked to see how deep the regional rankings go for what is probably a deep pool: LW fighters in Brazil. Holy crap, they have a top-793 list for that group. The very worst pro Brazilian LW fighter, at #793, is a guy who fought 6 times in 2016, going 0-6, finished every time with 3 KO's and 3 subs.
Honestly, the crappy fight weekend couldn't be at a better time for me. We're celebrating my wife's birthday and while she likes the larger cards, she wouldn't want to watch a low grade show.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:22 PM 02-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pueblo Chieftan:

now that's a match !

The question there would be who's pitching and who' catching?
[Reply]
alnorth 11:39 AM 03-01-2017
Bisping will defend his MW title against GSP this year, date TBD
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:53 AM 03-01-2017
For real? GSP is going to hump him for 5 rounds and win the 185 belt
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:54 AM 03-01-2017
Ferguson/ Khabib has me excited for this weekend. That should be a good fight.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:02 PM 03-01-2017
Thinking a lot about this today, this really shows how much of a sham the UFC matchmaking is. There are a handful of really good 185 lbers on the roster who deserve a title shot. Shit, Yoel Romero was PROMISED one. Rockhold, Jacare, or even Kelvin Gastellum but GSP????
[Reply]
Page 503 of 660
« First < 3403453493499500501502503 504505506507513553603 > Last »
Up