ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Loved ones you wish were here for SB LIV
Megbert 05:14 PM 01-26-2020
I wish my dad was still here to experience the greatness of PMII, the Royals '14 and '15 seasons.

Around '75 (I was 3/4) My dad started teaching me how to play baseball. I also listened to the games with him. During this time he took me to Royals stadium to see the Royals play. My favorite player was Cookie Rojas because of his name.

I really didn't get into football until HS. In my 20's is watch the games with him. I remember how excited the was when we got Montana. I even had a no call/no show the first Monday night game to be played at Arrowhead in years, just so I could watch the game with him.

In Sept. 96 I moved to Phoenix, AZ. My dad and grandfather drove my grandfather's van from KC to help me move. On the drive my dad complained of lower back pain and couldn't drive. Didn't think anything of it, as he worked in a warehouse and has had back issues in the past.

March/April of 97 I get a call from my dad, he told me he had liver cancer. As Father's day approached it was clear he wouldn't make it much longer. So I flew back to KC to surprise him one last time. He was surprised and we had a BBQ at his house. He had lost a lot of weight and was not how I remembered him.

Later that year (don't remember the month). My sister calls me to tell me he's not responding to the chemo and it's only a matter of time.

Sept 8 the cords win a thriller in the final seconds 28-27 against the Raiders on MNF. I think about calling my dad to talk about the game, but it was late and I figured he might be too tired to have finished the game.

Sept 13 Recently I moved into a new apartment and didn't have phone service. I head to my college to do some art on the computers there. While there I get word that my family has been trying to reach me. I use a phone there, that's when I get the news about my pops. I wish I had called and talked to him one last time. At least I had the Father's Day memories.

This hat was his, he got it in '95. It's leather, which is kinda rare. I promised myself that I'd wear it when the Chiefs finally made it to the SB. Some 23 years later I finally get to make good on that promise.

Go Chiefs! Win one for my pops, every KC fan that has suffered all these years of "because Chiefs". Win it for Lamar, Clark and the rest of the Hunts (Clarks).

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:17 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
head scratcher..........:-)
He has nine lives.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 08:02 PM 01-26-2020
Classmate named Mark. Damn, I wish he was here to see this :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:03 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
head scratcher..........:-)
We're not related but I loved him in The Flintstones
[Reply]
New World Order 08:04 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
John Goodman
:-)
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 08:05 PM 01-26-2020
My MOM she would of loved seeing me happy that the chiefs is in the super bowl.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:09 PM 01-26-2020
My mom and grandpa
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:10 PM 01-26-2020
Obviously all the guys that have passed from here.

My uncle passed way on the AFCCG and he was a pretty big fan. Recency bias and all it would probably be him.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:36 PM 01-26-2020
My dad was a fringe football fan, but he'd be happy for me knowing how long I've been waiting for this. SB Sunday will be the 11th anniversary of his passing.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:42 PM 01-26-2020
My grandfather. Big time Chiefs' fan, watch many, many games with him.
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:16 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
My grandfather. Big time Chiefs' fan, watch many, many games with him.
same here, if it weren't for him, i would not have been a fan of either sports team. without that in my life i would not have had an escape from the abuse i got growing as a kid. (watching and playing sports) :-)
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:22 PM 01-26-2020
I’ve mentioned in a few other threads about losing my dad 367 days ago. He sure loved watching MyHomies!! We made it dad!!! #FuckCancer.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:34 PM 01-26-2020
My uncle died of dementia in the fall of 2018. He was too far gone to appreciate what Pat did last year. Didn't get to experience any of the success of last season or this one.

The part that really pisses me off is that he endured a completely stupid and unnecessary traumatic event that really accelerated his condition. I'm fairly convinced it took years off his life. He should have been here to see this, but isn't.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:47 PM 01-26-2020
Mom. We watched SB IV together when she was 8 months pregnant with ptlyon. She loved to watch the Chiefs on tv.

And my old neighbor Bill. We watched many Chief games together and drove down to Arrowhead several times. The last time I saw him was after we went to a game with my daughter and son. He could worm his way into any tailgate party. Greatest guy ever.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:52 PM 01-26-2020
**** cancer. It took my mom from us a little over 5 years ago.

Like so many other moms out there...My mom wasn't an uber sports fan but she loved my dad and I so much that she was always along for the ride when we went to games or watched them. She was always the humorous voice of reason when we took it a little too seriously. The part she loved the most was being able to host a super bowl party with an impressive spread for friends and family. The party itself was her "Super Bowl." She was in her element when hosting others and dad and I probably took it for granted a little. This year would have been incomparable with the Chiefs finally in it. Sometimes you never really recognize who the "glue" that held your group together was until they're gone. This year, instead of a lavish party, I'll probably either watch it from my own basement alone or with some friends from work.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:11 PM 01-26-2020
My dad. We didn't really see eye to eye on a whole lot of things, but we both shared a passion for Chiefs football. The last thing we ever did together was watch a Chiefs Monday night football game in the hospital. He passed early the next morning. It was the Monday night meltdown, and he was so disappointed in how the Chiefs both played and behaved in that game.

I think he would be elated to see Mahomes and company.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up