ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will Eli Manning be voted into the Hall Of Fame?
Yes, first ballot. 30 17.54%
Yes, but it will take a while. 65 38.01%
Yes, but he absolutely should not. 52 30.41%
No, but he should. 1 0.58%
No, and fuck no. 22 12.87%
Kurt sucks. 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eli Manning
KurtCobain 09:46 PM 01-22-2020
Call your shot!
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:38 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
the hate for Eli clouds your judgment.

First ballot. He beat the GOAT twice
When did he beat Mahomes?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:48 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I don't think there is any doubt he will be in the HOF.

Two super bowl wins.
2x Super Bowl MVP
7th in career passing yards and Passing TDs

Plus he's a Manning.
It's more about the era he played than the name. Rivers, Roethlisberger, Ryan and about 3-4 others are all going to get the HOF nod because they will have played for a dozen years, amassing crazy stats.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:51 AM 01-23-2020
I did an exercise a while back where I compared quarterbacks within their eras to identify the top quarterbacks each year. Here's where Eli Manning ranked compared to his peers. (I don't have 2019 on this list, but that's irrelevant to him anyway.)

We see here that he was a top-ten quarterback in the league for about half of his career, but only had one year where an objective ranking would put him in the top six. He goes in the Hall of Pretty Good.
Attached: Eli Manning 2014-2018.jpg (149.6 KB) Eli Manning 2009-2013.jpg (142.7 KB) Eli Manning 2004-2008.jpg (142.1 KB) 
[Reply]
BWillie 11:54 AM 01-23-2020
Do you know how bad you have to be post 2005 to not be able to have ONE YEAR with a QB rating above 93? The guy is pure garbage. Nick Foles is way better than him. Manning should thank Michael Strahan and that defense for allowing him this opportunity.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than this clown.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:02 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
No, Jim Plunkett isn't in and he won two Superbowls.
Plunkett is the subject of yearly debate about whether he belongs in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.[16] Proponents usually focus upon the simple fact of his two Super Bowl victories (together with one Super Bowl MVP) should be sufficient on their own, but also refer to the personal challenges he needed to overcome.[17] Opponents point out that Plunkett has an even career win-loss record (72–72, although he was 8–2 in playoff games), and poor career statistics (he threw 198 career interceptions against only 164 touchdowns, and his career completion percentage was only 52.5%) – though quarterback statistics have changed dramatically since the 1970s and 1980s.[1][18] He was never voted to a Pro Bowl during his career, nor was he ever selected as an All-Pro (first or second team).[17] Similar debates had occurred in relation to Ken Stabler, another Super Bowl winning quarterback with the Raiders who missed getting elected into the Hall for many years until posthumously in 2016.[19] However, Plunkett was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1990, the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame in 1992 in San Francisco, California, and finally the California Sports Hall of Fame in 2007 in recognition for both his College football and Pro-football careers.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:08 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I did an exercise a while back where I compared quarterbacks within their eras to identify the top quarterbacks each year. Here's where Eli Manning ranked compared to his peers. (I don't have 2019 on this list, but that's irrelevant to him anyway.)

We see here that he was a top-ten quarterback in the league for about half of his career, but only had one year where an objective ranking would put him in the top six. He goes in the Hall of Pretty Good.
Again, things have changed across the league in the last 20 years... you can see it clearly in the 'all time' rankings for yards, TDs, etc.

The last 20 years have been dominated by Peyton, Brady, Brees - I think that's your Big 3. Favre was in there for the first 10 years, then Rodgers for the last 10 years (he sat the first 3 watching Favre).

Rivers, Manning and Roethlisberger all came in the same season (2004) and have been statistically equal for the most part overall. After 2004, you had a couple guys in Ryan, Stafford and then Wilson that have come along and jettisoned up the all-time rankings, with only Wilson earning a ring.

For the last 20 years - Peyton, Brady, Brees, Favre, Rodgers, Rivers, Manning and Roethlisberger have been at the tops of those ranks pretty consistently.

Ben is the obvious better player of those 3 drafted in 2004 and Eli actually has the worst W/L record @ 117-117. If he didn't have the rings and the MVP ... he's sitting in Rivers' world... and living the Dan Fouts life. But, with about 10-11k more yards and well over 100 more TDs than Fouts - all 3 of those guys will get into the HOF and Fouts never will.

And, the QBs of the last 3-4 years... there are several that are statistically killing it and adding to this post 2000 NFL.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:23 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Again, things have changed across the league in the last 20 years... you can see it clearly in the 'all time' rankings for yards, TDs, etc.

The last 20 years have been dominated by Peyton, Brady, Brees - I think that's your Big 3. Favre was in there for the first 10 years, then Rodgers for the last 10 years (he sat the first 3 watching Favre).

Rivers, Manning and Roethlisberger all came in the same season (2004) and have been statistically equal for the most part overall. After 2004, you had a couple guys in Ryan, Stafford and then Wilson that have come along and jettisoned up the all-time rankings, with only Wilson earning a ring.

For the last 20 years - Peyton, Brady, Brees, Favre, Rodgers, Rivers, Manning and Roethlisberger have been at the tops of those ranks pretty consistently.

Ben is the obvious better player of those 3 drafted in 2004 and Eli actually has the worst W/L record @ 117-117. If he didn't have the rings and the MVP ... he's sitting in Rivers' world... and living the Dan Fouts life. But, with about 10-11k more yards and well over 100 more TDs than Fouts - all 3 of those guys will get into the HOF and Fouts never will.

And, the QBs of the last 3-4 years... there are several that are statistically killing it and adding to this post 2000 NFL.
Daniel Francis Fouts (born June 10, 1951) is an American former professional football player who was a quarterback for 15 years in the National Football League (NFL), spending his entire career with the San Diego Chargers (1973–1987). He led the NFL in passing yards four straight years from 1979 to 1982 and became the first player in history to throw for 4,000 yards in three consecutive seasons. The Chargers advanced to the AFC Championship Game twice during his career, but never reached the Super Bowl.

A member of the NFL 1980s All-Decade Team, Fouts was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1993. He lives in Sisters, Oregon[1] and is currently a color analyst for NFL games on CBS television and Westwood One radio. Dan is the son of Bay Area Radio Hall of Famer Bob Fouts.[2]
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 12:35 PM 01-23-2020
He will get in simply by his name. SB wins will be the reasoning
I am thinking 20 years out
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:35 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Daniel Francis Fouts (born June 10, 1951) is an American former professional football player who was a quarterback for 15 years in the National Football League (NFL), spending his entire career with the San Diego Chargers (1973–1987). He led the NFL in passing yards four straight years from 1979 to 1982 and became the first player in history to throw for 4,000 yards in three consecutive seasons. The Chargers advanced to the AFC Championship Game twice during his career, but never reached the Super Bowl.

A member of the NFL 1980s All-Decade Team, Fouts was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1993. He lives in Sisters, Oregon[1] and is currently a color analyst for NFL games on CBS television and Westwood One radio. Dan is the son of Bay Area Radio Hall of Famer Bob Fouts.[2]
My bad... he didn't have the * on the list I was looking at. Thought that was incorrect, but didn't check it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:10 PM 01-23-2020
My bad... he didn't have the * on the list I was looking at. Thought that was incorrect, but didn't check it.
Well, you're correct in that he doesn't deserve it.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:12 PM 01-23-2020
:-)

Fouts is easy to overlook. He is the original Rivers- put up a lot of stats, but never won any big games.
[Reply]
FringeNC 01:21 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Do you know how bad you have to be post 2005 to not be able to have ONE YEAR with a QB rating above 93? The guy is pure garbage. Nick Foles is way better than him. Manning should thank Michael Strahan and that defense for allowing him this opportunity.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than this clown.
I wouldn't go quite that far, but HOF is a joke.

Here is a list of average QB rating by year. Look at the numbers and then tell me that Eli's career average of 84 is deserving of the HOF.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...FL/passing.htm
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 01:22 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)

Fouts is easy to overlook. He is the original Rivers- put up a lot of stats, but never won any big games.
I think Fouts is one of those "at large" NFL HOF voter dudes as well.
He might approve Eli just to get someone worse than him in there
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:25 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I think Fouts is one of those "at large" NFL HOF voter dudes as well.
He might approve Eli just to get someone worse than him in there
Aikman is already there... now, if people want to bash Eli for having an elite defense as the reason he won the rings and got the MVP, well Aikman really took it to the next level.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 01:48 PM 01-23-2020
Please tell me he isn't going to start doing commercials with Brad Paisley.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up