ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will Eli Manning be voted into the Hall Of Fame?
Yes, first ballot. 30 17.54%
Yes, but it will take a while. 65 38.01%
Yes, but he absolutely should not. 52 30.41%
No, but he should. 1 0.58%
No, and fuck no. 22 12.87%
Kurt sucks. 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eli Manning
KurtCobain 09:46 PM 01-22-2020
Call your shot!
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:54 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Sounds like Troy Aikman.
Exactly. Although Aikman was carried by the defense and Emmitt Smith.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:54 AM 01-23-2020
He will make it in.

The Hall keeps keeps putting borderline guys in year after year.

It’s a business, they have to keep adding new product.
[Reply]
notorious 07:10 AM 01-23-2020
Thank you for beating the 18-1 Pats. It would have been AIDS forever if they went undefeated.
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:36 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Thank you for beating the 18-1 Pats. It would have been AIDS forever if they went undefeated.
^ Everyone bitching about Eli Manning should remember this point.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:37 AM 01-23-2020
The fact that the Giants want to move and nobody wants him tells you all you need to know about Eli and the Hall.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:42 AM 01-23-2020
He wears two of Brady's rings. One of those rings woulda been an undefeated season. He has a ton of passing yards. So yeah, I think he'll get in some day. But when you turn on the tape you wont see a HOF QB. I feel you need both to be in the HOF.

It's like comparing Brady and Mahomes. It's the tape vs the resume. A lot of people look at the resume, I look at the tape. Eli is a resume guy, not a tape guy.

And for the record, Kurt had both. His problem is his resume is short because he didnt play a lot of years. Holt and Bruce should have already been in as well. Just my opinion from an old STL Ram fan.
[Reply]
notorious 07:45 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
^ Everyone bitching about Eli Manning should remember this point.
Yessir.

We all think the 72’ Miami team is annoying when they toast the final team to get beat.....I can’t imagine Pats fan.
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:57 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
The fact that the Giants want to move and nobody wants him tells you all you need to know about Eli and the Hall.

"The fact thar Muhammad Ali hasn't won a belt in years tells you all you need to know about him being the GOAT."
[Reply]
F150 08:01 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by blake5676:
Was anyone ever nervous about playing against Eli Manning? Did he ever strike fear in a defense or have a reputation for completely taking over a game?

I've watched a lot of football for as long as I can remember and I don't ever recall thinking, "Man, that guy is a stud. I wish we had him on our team."

Of course, when your team wins two SB's I suppose you have an argument, but I've always been overly unimpressed with him. Hell, he had multiple years with 20+ INT's and even a few where he threw more picks than touchdowns if I remember right.

As a long suffering Chiefs fan, I can say there were many many times I have lusted for almost every other QB instead of some of the turds we had float to the top.

[Reply]
FringeNC 08:06 AM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
"The fact thar Muhammad Ali hasn't won a belt in years tells you all you need to know about him being the GOAT."
Look at his stats. Look at his game film. Arguing that Eli belongs in the HOF is not much different from arguing Joe Flacco deserves to be in the HOF.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:17 AM 01-23-2020
Even if you think he's borderline, if you think someone from a New York team with a borderline argument is going to be left out of the HOF, you're nuts.

But I don't think there are any multi-SB quarterbacks who aren't in the Hall of Fame or presumptive Hall of Fame anyway.

Besides, after they let Jerome Bettis in the HOF is pretty much open to everyone now
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:18 AM 01-23-2020
He's 39, of course no one sees him as the future
[Reply]
tatorhog 08:26 AM 01-23-2020
New York does a lot for a Hall resume. Look at Namath. Aside from a new instances, he was a mediocre-plus quarterback.

couple that with his stats and rings, and I would be surprised if he's anything but a first ballot inductee. Hell, you could put Jim Everett in New York with that defense and have the same conversation.
[Reply]
Spott 08:41 AM 01-23-2020
He’ll get in, maybe on the first ballot. He has had an odd career. Lots of middle of the road QB play along with 2 great playoff runs. I can see the argument on both sides. His stats were pretty average along with his win-loss record.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:45 AM 01-23-2020
Look at his stats. Look at his game film. Arguing that Eli belongs in the HOF is not much different from arguing Joe Flacco deserves to be in the HOF.
Meh... Eli has two rings (compared to one), about 140 more TDs and 17,000 more yards in 4 more seasons, both appear to be done at this point.

Eli is statistically in the top 7-8 for most of the critical QB markers - Flacco is well below that average.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up