ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 64
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:20 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-) You just said I was making up a narrative about Lamar getting hyped up- now you are agreeing he was getting tons of attention?

43 TD's is still far less than Mahomes and we won't even talk about passing yards between the two.
No, he said you were making up a narrative about lamar getting put in the same league as mahomes. He agreed that they was a lot of hype/talk about jackson as he was the run away leader for MVP. Is everyone not supposed to talk about lamar just because hes not as good as mahomes.

And sure, there are enough bullshit shows (radio and tv) that need to fill hours that they argue stupid shit to get clicks and views, that I'm sure there was plenty of dumbassery that debated lamar vs mahomes. Since I avoid those shows like the plague, I cant speak on how often that topic was discussed or the type of dialogue on whether they were comparing qb attributes and determining that lamar was just as good.

But I do know that what I heard during games wasn't that lamar was the same as mahomes or that he was better than mahomes just that he was having a helluva season and deserved the mvp.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:32 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Welcome to near the end of the Nfl season. Good to see youve come out from under the rock youve been living under.

It may come as a shock to you, but ever since Lamar Jackson laid waste to the hapless Dolphins in week 1,there has been an ongoing conversation of whos better between the two quarterbacks.

LITERALLY ALL FUCKING SEASON, THIS CONVERSATION HAS BEEN TAKING PLACE.

Who would you rather have the next 10 years.

Who is more electrifying.

Which guy do you want with the game on the line.

Numerous comparisons of the two qbs all season as if anyone without complete shit for brains woud choose Lamar over Mahomes.

Welcome to the topic. Not sure if youve just been hitting your pipe too hard all season, or if youre just being intentionally obtuse.
oooh look at you releasing your inner cunt.

No one takes those conversations seriously. No one. Not the talking heads on T.V, no one.

This may come as a shock to your apparently stupid ass, but there are 31 other teams in the league with fan bases who like to hear things other than Patrick Mahomes.

95% of the media is unison that Mahomes is not just the best in the league, but possibly the best EVER, and your whining ass managed to find a few conversations that DARED to compare MVP's.

Oh the horror. How dare a few people compare QB's.

You've invented your argument that no one has paid any attention to outside of Ravens fans and you're here to whine about it. JFC....

Where's your Mahomes vs Watson thread?

Your Mahomes vs Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield or any of these other motherfuckers that people had the gall to compare to Mahomes.

Shut up you whiny bitch.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:34 PM 01-16-2020
:-) Literally ever single Sunday on every NFL game day show. Every single day on every talk radio show. Every day on all the football podcast. The Lamar hype went way beyond anything for Mahomes.

Mahomes had a historic 50 TD and 5000-yard season and half the fucking media wanted to give the MVP to Brees.

Lamar had his MVP wrapped up halfway through the season. They hyped him up as the greatest QB ever and so when the Ravens lost, the media could not except that he is just above average. Now they are building the Titans up to mythical status, mostly for beating the overhyped Lamar.
What a bunch of hyperbole.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:35 PM 01-16-2020
The Lamar hype went way beyond anything for Mahomes.
You can't be serious with this shit.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:37 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Yeah, my overall point is - you don't win a super bowl with a guy like that. If you look down the list of Super Bowl winning QBs, they are almost all passers who don't need to run to be productive, or who use mobility to extend plays so they can throw.
We live in a different era now. I would have said the same about garopolo and tannehill. Hell, even Rodgers hasn't really been Rodgers this year. Our guy gives us a really great chance to win. But a lamar IF the ravens run the ball well and play great defense still gives that team a decent shot. He is a system qb but he's a tough opponent when that system does its job exceptionally well.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:38 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Of course the media was on his jock the whole year. He scored 43 fucking touchdowns. The highest in the league. He was the biggest playmaker in the NFL this season. Why wouldn't they be on his jock?
Right?

I swear to god this fanbase is too fucking sensitive at times.

Last season was non-stop dick riding of Mahomes and the Chiefs, this post-season has been non-stop dick riding and these cry babies managed to find a few dissenting voices who DARED to compare MVP's.

I can't believe the audacity of these media types.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:40 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
No, he said you were making up a narrative about lamar getting put in the same league as mahomes. He agreed that they was a lot of hype/talk about jackson as he was the run away leader for MVP. Is everyone not supposed to talk about lamar just because hes not as good as mahomes.

And sure, there are enough bullshit shows (radio and tv) that need to fill hours that they argue stupid shit to get clicks and views, that I'm sure there was plenty of dumbassery that debated lamar vs mahomes. Since I avoid those shows like the plague, I cant speak on how often that topic was discussed or the type of dialogue on whether they were comparing qb attributes and determining that lamar was just as good.

But I do know that what I heard during games wasn't that lamar was the same as mahomes or that he was better than mahomes just that he was having a helluva season and deserved the mvp.
This guy gets it.

This thread is stupid.

And fuck you Wallcrawler.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:49 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This guy gets it.

This thread is stupid.

And **** you Wallcrawler.
Haha. Id Love my new rent free digs in your head if there wasn't so much shit everywhere.

Not my fault youre too ****ing stupid to recognize a debate that's literally been going on all season, and how dare someone make a thread that says all that bullshit can cease now.

Eat a bag of dicks, ****wad, but make sure to save one to shove up your ass to put you in a better mood, sweetheart.

Lmmfao.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:54 PM 01-16-2020
Haha. Id Love my new rent free digs in your head if there wasn't so much shit everywhere.
:-) Look, it's this cliche again. I don't even know you. Is this not my first time interacting with your stupid ass? I don't recall ever exchanging with you before, but you're apparently a fan of mine.

Not my fault youre too ****ing stupid to recognize a debate that's literally been going on all season, and how dare someone make a thread that says all that bullshit can cease now.

Eat a bag of dicks, ****wad, but make sure to save one to shove up your ass to put you in a better mood, sweetheart.

Lmmfao.
You're just a whiny bitch dragging your snail trail around this forum complaining about an argument that literally no one gives a shit about, that really isn't an argument in the 1st place, except to your stupid overly sensitive ass.

I mean, look at the initial post i made and then your rebuttal. That's all the evidence i need to prove you're a whiny bitch. And a dumb one too.

Don't be dumb AND whiny. If you're going to whine, at least cry about something relevant.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:02 PM 01-16-2020
You can't be serious with this shit.
Was Mahomes handed the MVP by the media halfway through the season?

No. Even to the last game, they were still pushing Brees for MVP even though he had faded badly.

Unfortunately, Lamar believed his own press clippings and it cost him.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:06 PM 01-16-2020
:-) Look, it's this cliche again. I don't even know you. Is this not my first time interacting with your stupid ass? I don't recall ever exchanging with you before, but you're apparently a fan of mine.

You're just a whiny bitch dragging your snail trail around this forum complaining about an argument that literally no one gives a shit about, that really isn't an argument in the 1st place, except to your stupid overly sensitive ass.

I mean, look at the initial post i made and then your rebuttal. That's all the evidence i need to prove you're a whiny bitch. And a dumb one too.

Don't be dumb AND whiny. If you're going to whine, at least cry about something relevant.

Sure pal. Sure.

Since were giving each other advice, its probably best for you if you dont like a thread, maybe don't post in it. Especially if said post exposes your complete ****ing ignorance on the topic lol. Hurr durr, i didn't even know this was a conversation, derp!

Listen, dont get all redassed because i responded to you after you triple posted, then added a **** you Wallcrawler to the end of it.

Seems like your ass needs the dick shoved back in it, so that should be your first priority.

And, if youre going to post something so ****ing stupid, maybe fake a stroke next time.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 01:09 PM 01-16-2020
Is Mahomes better than Jackson? Yeah, in my opinion. Is he definitely 100% absolutely better? No. If a handful of plays for them, or us....would have gone differently, roles could easily be reversed. I'm glad they are not. I do think that Mahomes will have a better career overall, but it's way too early to be tossing around superlatives for either of them at this point. Yeah, I'll take Mahomes over Jackson, but if we didn't have Mahomes....Jackson, and Watson, would be at the top of my list to replace him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:10 PM 01-16-2020
Was Mahomes handed the MVP by the media halfway through the season?
Pretty much, yes. There were a few dissenting voices with a soft spot for Brees because he's old and hasn't won MVP yet, but most thought Mahomes was the runaway shoe-in. Just look at how the freakin' voting went. It was a landslide.

90% of the media is bending the knee and ya'll focus on 5-10% who dissent for, likely, reasons that actually have nothing to do with football.

For christ's sake, there was a moment this season where they were trying to label Josh Allen as the next Mahomes.

Ya'll don't remember (Chris Collinsworth?) trying to convince people that Trubisky has Mahomes-like qualities?

You're complaining about the media hyping the Titans....well, it's the freakin' AFCCG, what are they suppose to do? NOT say good things about one of only two AFC teams left? And then when they go to pick the game winner it's a damn near unanimous decision....
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:11 PM 01-16-2020
Lamar throws pretty okay for a running back.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:11 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:

Go back and check threads on here. For weeks, certain fans like King have been lamenting having to go to the Ravens house and play them in the playoffs. There are plenty in the media that have came right out and said Mahomes is not the player Lamar is- Skip and Mangini being two of the most vocal.

They are two young talented QB's, people are going to debate who is greater for years to come.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 64
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up