ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Sam Mellinger on Chris Jones/"Basketball-Gate"
FloridaMan88 11:15 AM 01-14-2020
From Sam Mellinger's column in today's KC Star:

Originally Posted by :
First, Chris Jones did not injure himself playing basketball. A source I’ve known for years and who has never lied to me (and, in fact, who has corrected others who’ve lied to me) offered an emphatic denial of the Internet rumor. Jones’ calf was hurt during Thursday’s practice. It’s awful luck, and worse timing.

Second, yes, absolutely, that basketball hoop needs to go. This has nothing to do with Jones. I’ve thought this all season. I’m all for guys being able to blow off steam, and there’s some genuine team building that can happen around that hoop. But the games have slowly moved from shooting around to H-O-R-S-E to friendly one-on-one to heated two-on-two.

Once, earlier in the season, Marcus Kemp went flying into a wall. On another day, a tile fell from the ceiling, crashing to the ground directly in front of Mecole Hardman’s locker.

Give them a ping pong table. Or pool. Corn hole. Pop-a-shot. Whatever.

But this hoop has been a bad idea for a long time.

[Reply]
-King- 04:23 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Agreed.

Who cares how he did it? Guy is clearly injury prone. It's not worth the risk giving him a big contract.
How exactly is he injury prone?
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:37 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
How exactly is he injury prone?
He's missed 4 games this year, but I don't think he'd ever missed a game before that had he?
[Reply]
sedated 04:47 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
All the same, even if it's just bad timing, you can't commit that kind of money to a guy who isn't around when it matters most. Tag and trade him, or tag him until he shows up in a playoff game and shows you why he's worth that money.
JFC some of you people are knee jerk morons. He misses one playoff game and "I'm done".

If the CP brain trust was the Chiefs GM, we'd be worse than the Redskins and Browns combined.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:47 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Clay and I met someone at the game who claimed to have some relation to someone who worked with equipment (I'm not going further into detail there deliberately). That person said he absolutely hurt it playing basketball and everyone was basically forced to sign NDAs afterward. Also mentioned Watkins hurt himself earlier in the year doing the same thing.

Can't speak to this person's credibility, but it was an awfully creative lie if it's not true.
Did he look anything like this?

[Reply]
dlphg9 05:06 PM 01-14-2020
Lmao so now we know how Clay goes about getting sources. Just open up your ears and listen for the drunk guy that sounds like he's telling the truth. Everyone had to sign NDAs because they witnessed a player get hurt during a basketball game? Do some of you even possess the brain power to think logically? This has to be the most retarded rumor that anyone has ever tried to pass on as the truth in the history of The Lounge. Not the dumbest on CP, because this doesn't touch some of the crazy shit in DC.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:35 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao so now we know how Clay goes about getting sources. Just open up your ears and listen for the drunk guy that sounds like he's telling the truth. Everyone had to sign NDAs because they witnessed a player get hurt during a basketball game? Do some of you even possess the brain power to think logically? This has to be the most retarded rumor that anyone has ever tried to pass on as the truth in the history of The Lounge. Not the dumbest on CP, because this doesn't touch some of the crazy shit in DC.
Consider the source, always.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up