ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
DenverChief 06:47 AM 01-14-2020
In all the celebration about Mahomes/Kelce let’s not forget about Watkins “quiet” contributions on Sunday. A 48 yard catch and run in the first drive of the 3rd quarter to put us deep in Texans territory and set up the first Williams TD run. A14 yard jet sweep run to help set up Damian Williams second TD run and a 28 yard 4th quarter reception that set up the 8 yard TD pass to Bell. Watkins is dangerous and must be accounted for in the field, anytime he can help get chunks of yards to move the offense up and down the field is a good days work
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:32 PM 01-15-2020
I'm done with Sammy and Demarcus. They disappear too often. If Sammy has to be reminded by Kelce to keep his body language up when we were behind - he's just not the right kind of player.

Tyreek, Mecole and let's find some possession guys with great hands who know how to run great routes. Pringle could be ok as a #5 or maybe #4.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:19 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Ribbs67:
You seriously need to put some kind of goggles on preferably ones that can help you see more clearly. Hardman made a great runback that sparked the team...and yes was named to the pro bowl for ST. But don't act like it wasn't suprising. He's a great talent and I love the kid..but he's fumbled plenty this year that hurt us and really wasnt out of this world returning punts or kick offs. You bashing Hill for muffing the punt , when he was trying to provide a spark for the team is pretty rich. The WHOLE team ( not named Mahomes)was a Shit show for the first 15 min. Might I remind you that right after that Mecole mishandled the insuing kickoff. Saying Hill needs to earn his money because he's not catching 80 yard bombs is just a stupid take all around. :-)
Mecole Hardman is a pro bowl returner who didn’t muff a punt all season and you still somehow think it was smart to put Hill in instead to field a punt inside his own 20. A punt that should have definitely been either let go or fair caught. It was a desperate panic move that almost fucked us over. Reid needs to stick with what got us here.

I also never said he’s not earning his money because he’s not catching 80 yard bombs. I simply said it would be nice for him to show up like a #1 receiver in the playoffs. Guys averaging just over 50 yards a game with a 62% catch percentage and no touchdowns through 5 playoff games for us. I’m not sure how that equates to star wide receiver production. I’m just ready for him to show up and earn that #1 WR money when it matters most. If he has a game like he did in Tennessee this year we should be in great shape.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:18 PM 01-15-2020
Aside from Pat, Tyreek is the most dangerous weapon on our team. If there’s an extra man, he’s being used to bracket or double Hill.

It’s very difficult for any receiver in history to consistently shine while drawing that much attention.. As long as he’s out there tiring out the defense and catches any balls thrown his way, he’s doing his part.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:29 PM 01-15-2020
I think we should keep Watkins but at a pay cut
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:46 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I do, too. If he'll do it.

I don't agree with the idea about subbing in Mecole for Sammy they are wildly different types of receivers.

I'd rather run a lot more four receiver sets with those guys and maybe sub Pringle for Demarcus Robinson who seems to have taken a step back.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:58 PM 01-15-2020
At least OBJ isn’t on this team

The money that Odell Beckham Jr. distributed on the field after LSU's national championship victory Monday was real, according to Joe Burrow. https://t.co/srvLG4BW2U

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) January 15, 2020

[Reply]
R Clark 05:58 PM 01-15-2020
Ya we need Sammy but he does need to make a more team friendly deal
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:23 PM 01-15-2020
This. If they can renegotiate his deal somehow, maybe back-load it with some performance incentives to make it more palatable, that would be ideal for the Chiefs. Not like they grow WRs with his specific set of parameters and skills on trees. Plus he's been in the system for two years now and knows it as well as anyone on the team; anyone we bring in would spend at least that long to be really comfortable.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:29 PM 01-15-2020
And he always has the ability to have a jacksonville game out of nowhere. Worth it. He's also only 26
[Reply]
R Clark 06:45 PM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
And he always has the ability to have a jacksonville game out of nowhere. Worth it. He's also only 26
Right and he runs after the catch like a running back. He’s got value on this team, way more I suspect than a lot give him credit for.
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 01-16-2020
Wonder if the Eagles would give you their 2nd for Sammy?
[Reply]
-King- 09:58 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wonder if the Eagles would give you their 2nd for Sammy?
Why would they give up a 2nd in a deep WR draft for an oft injured WR when their biggest problem this season was injuries to their WRs?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:16 AM 01-16-2020
I don’t think Sammy should stay. Even a pay cut wouldn’t be enough. That’s me though. I’m worried that Andy is going to veto releasing the guy bc he wants to keep those weapons as long as he can.

Right now he’s the 4th option in this offense after Kelce, Tyreek and the receiving back.

Hardman should be more than capable of being the 4th option in the offense. I mean damn he’s basically doing that now. You could argue that Hardman is getting more involved than Sammy.

There should be a market for Sammy. Get what you can, draft a WR and sign an older talent/reclamation project that will want to come here bc of Pat.

Travis Benjamin
Randall Cobb
Phillip Dorsett
Nelson Agholor
Seth Roberts
Tavon Austin
Dontrelle Inman
Chris Moore
Laquon Treadwell
Breshad Perriman

Or we could try to trade for a failed pick with potential (ex: John Ross). There’s lots of options to put up similar production as a depth player that will be way cheaper than Sammy.
[Reply]
thabear04 11:09 AM 01-16-2020
At least OBJ isn’t on this team

And now Arrest warrant issued for OBJ following alleged contact with security guard at Superdome.

https://www.wafb.com/2020/01/16/new-...ll-beckham-jr/
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:15 AM 01-16-2020
OBJ is a real fucking idiot. He was obviously trashed, all up in the locker room. Let those guys have their fucking moment, you weirdo.

Now he’s got heat for giving them money and smacking that security guard’s ass.. Dude honestly deserves everything bad that happens to him.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up