ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
The Lounge>Chris Jones is day-to-day
493rd 12:23 PM 01-13-2020
Which means he should be good for Sunday barring a setback
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-calf-injury/
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:04 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Show me some plays where he was lazy or stop talking out of your ass. Chris Jones is double teamed more than most every other d lineman in the league. The "he's a liability against the run" is a bunch of bullshit that a few retards on here spew because they don't want to resign him and he's so good at rushing the passer they had to make something up. ****ing idiots
Yeah, no. You can shelf your tough guy routine.

Guys like Nick Jacobs and Seth Keysor have broken down a ton of film over the past couple of seasons that highlight both good and bad plays by all phases of this Chiefs team. There is evidence of Jones cheating his assignment to try to make a big splash play with gap penetration, when he should be gap squeezing to force ball carriers to his help but instead he creates vertical seams for running backs to cut back through. No player is perfect, but I watch film and have coached long enough to tell you that Brendan Daly was the best thing to happen to Chris Jones, in getting him to buy in and be a better “team” player on the D line.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:07 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief:
I had a calf get injured once, it never did recover, so I had to turn it into veal.
Heh. I laughed harder than I should have.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:30 PM 01-14-2020
Chris Jones is replaceable. I would not pay him. He's a great player, but dollars spent would be more valuable going elsewhere. At this point, coverage is money ball. Pay some safeties & hybrid LBs, great CBs and call it a day.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:36 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Show me some plays where he was lazy or stop talking out of your ass. Chris Jones is double teamed more than most every other d lineman in the league. The "he's a liability against the run" is a bunch of bullshit that a few retards on here spew because they don't want to resign him and he's so good at rushing the passer they had to make something up. ****ing idiots
The guy is our best defensive player for several years, but the first time he picks up an injury a bunch of CPers who look like the nutri-system ‘before’ pictures decide that he’s just a wimp
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:45 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Chris Jones is replaceable. I would not pay him. He's a great player, but dollars spent would be more valuable going elsewhere. At this point, coverage is money ball. Pay some safeties & hybrid LBs, great CBs and call it a day.
Hmmm... you could argue that all of the remaining teams are very stout at the LOS defensively. And they all have solid or better secondaries too...

You need it all to some degree to make it this far. Unless you have an all time elite offense like KC posted last year.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:33 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Jokes aside, calf injuries are precursors to a potential Achilles tear. As pissed off as this development has made me, it would be terrible if Jones rushed back to action only to have his Achilles snap because he wasn’t rehabbed properly.
According to our former rehab man, this is not true:

Originally Posted by :
While everyone always assumes that a calf strain can lead to Achilles injuries/rupture, the research actually points to the fact that very few people ever have calf or Achilles pain prior to a rupture. It happens, but it is much rarer than people that don’t have pain.

Some insight into Chris Jones’ injury: the calf strain (via @RehabAllStar) https://t.co/LSmnJvZkpo

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) January 14, 2020

[Reply]
Chargem 01:45 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
And he’d be nice to have this week cause he could knife through the line and cause Henry to have to move more laterally, which is obviously not what he’s looking to do.
This is exactly what I was thinking.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:51 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It’s on this page: http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs

Turns out he told Palmer that after the game Sunday, so it seems more like hope on Jones’ end than anything. Fingers crossed.
If he cant push off or hold his ground, then he's a liability. He should do what is best for the team.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:55 AM 01-15-2020
A) Jones is a great player.
B)We need all hands on deck, especially on the defensive line rotation.
C)Henry is a fucking load.
D)Ain't no next week if we don't take care of business.
E)If Jones wants to get paid, he's gonna have to show up.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:46 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
This could work... Tom Jones singing "What's new Pussycat" could annoy and confuse the offensive line of the Tits so our linebackers can make plays...
LOL.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:52 AM 01-15-2020
Sounds like they aren't expecting him to practice much this week. I'm gonna guess that he doesn't play.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...afc-title-game
[Reply]
notorious 10:55 AM 01-15-2020
He better rape the world in the Superbowl if he want to play here next year.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:58 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Yeah, no. You can shelf your tough guy routine.

Guys like Nick Jacobs and Seth Keysor have broken down a ton of film over the past couple of seasons that highlight both good and bad plays by all phases of this Chiefs team. There is evidence of Jones cheating his assignment to try to make a big splash play with gap penetration, when he should be gap squeezing to force ball carriers to his help but instead he creates vertical seams for running backs to cut back through. No player is perfect, but I watch film and have coached long enough to tell you that Brendan Daly was the best thing to happen to Chris Jones, in getting him to buy in and be a better “team” player on the D line.
:-):-):-):-)

Nailed It !!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:01 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
He better rape the world in the Superbowl if he want to play here next year.
He probably won't. Calf injuries are a bugger boo PERIOD. He doesn't play this W/E and might be on a pitch count in the SB 'at best' and a good chance he doesn't even make it through the pitch count IMHO.:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:02 AM 01-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
He probably won't. Calf injuries are a bugger boo PERIOD. He doesn't play this W/E and might be on a pitch count in the SB 'at best' and a good chance he doesn't even make it through the pitch count IMHO.:-)
That would be 5 weeks worth of rest. He would play in the SB.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up