ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Browns hiring Kevin Stefanski as HC
pugsnotdrugs19 11:10 AM 01-12-2020
In the most Browns move ever after his offense was complete and total AIDS yesterday...

EB back with the Chiefs another year. :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:09 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Disagree. It's a great hire because it wasn't McDaniels. Stefanski will probably come with either Dodds from indy or berry from the eagles as GM. Whereas McDaniels and Daboll as we know would insist on Pioli or caserio. They dodged a huge bullet. Head coaches are easy to replace. Eliminating the parasite patriot way would take a decade to fix.

The Haslams ignored depodesta when he suggested Sean McDermott over hue Jackson. Then voted against him when he suggested Stefanski over kitchens. This is a great sign for the browns that the Haslams are finally getting out of the way.

They like Stefanski because he brings analytics and unlike kitchens will be great at actually managing and disciplining the team. He will also turn the browns into a power offense which would actually make them pretty dangerous. He may not be the best playcaller but he checks a lot of boxes.
This pretty much seals that it's a shit hire. Zilla approves.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:09 PM 01-12-2020
Sucks for EB, but I'm glad he'll be back for another year.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:09 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t think they’re going anywhere, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s a legitimate possibility.
Possibly where?
[Reply]
BWillie 12:12 PM 01-12-2020
Interviews are proof that being good at talking can get you a job. If I was hiring someone I would not care at all about anything they said in the interview. I would just look at past work history, intelligence and good ethics. Id just see if I can catch them in a lie in the interview. Have them take an IQ test. In the parking lot I would stage an old lady drop a $100 bill and see if they return it to the owner.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:13 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re missing the most important thing.

Teams want an offensive mind that can call their own plays.

It’s the only way to do it in today’s NFL because if you have a defensive minded HC you will be losing your OC if you are successful. It’s the only way to have guaranteed continuity on offense.
duh. Yeah. I can't believe that hadn't occurred to me. Duh.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:21 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
directive from Vikes head coach is to run the ball.
Only partially OC's fault
There's also only so much you can do when your offense revolves around hiding Kirk Cousins. The playcalling wasn't innovative but without a doubt the offense was disciplined and well coached.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:24 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Interviews are proof that being good at talking can get you a job. If I was hiring someone I would not care at all about anything they said in the interview. I would just look at past work history, intelligence and good ethics. Id just see if I can catch them in a lie in the interview. Have them take an IQ test. In the parking lot I would stage an old lady drop a $100 bill and see if they return it to the owner.
:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:27 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
There are a lot of coaches in the NFL who have been lucky their entire careers to be in the right positions with the right people at the right time. They boast very successful resumes, but when they get in the big chair, they can't coach worth a lick. And sometimes when they go back down to a coordinator or position coach, the situation isn't as comfortable as it was in the past, and they end up failing in those areas, too.

You can't trust JUST the interview, nor can you trust JUST the resume. They have to go hand in hand.
[Reply]
Bewbies 12:31 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Honestly he is a run first OC and Chubb is too good for them not to be a run first team Baker might come around with the play action pass.
Amazing people think this sucks. Chubb is gonna own and this plays into Bakers strengths. Good hire by them.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:31 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
There are a lot of coaches in the NFL who have been lucky their entire careers to be in the right positions with the right people at the right time. They boast very successful resumes, but when they get in the big chair, they can't coach worth a lick. And sometimes when they go back down to a coordinator or position coach, the situation isn't as comfortable as it was in the past, and they end of failing in those areas, too.

You can't trust JUST the interview, nor can you trust JUST the resume. They have to go hand in hand.
And so much more.
Coaching philosophy
Getting along with staff
Getting along with Management
Relationship with players especially star players
Leadership qualities
Philosophy on discipline, draft, FAs, the QB position.
How much control do you want/need.

Interviews are how you should be able to weed out Haley/Pioli type shit bags that had good resumes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:34 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Amazing people think this sucks. Chubb is gonna own and this plays into Bakers strengths. Good hire by them.
Didn't they hire a former RB coach in 2019?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:40 PM 01-12-2020

Seven three and outs for Minnesota — the Browns have seen enough, they’re definitely hiring Stefanski.

— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) January 11, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 12:43 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
And so much more.
Coaching philosophy
Getting along with staff
Leadership qualities

Interviews are how you should be able to weed out Haley/Pioli type shit bags that had good resumes.
Why would you take anything for face value in an interview? The ONLY thing the interviewee is trying to do is be as fake as possible telling you whatever they think you want to hear.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:46 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Didn't they hire a former RB coach in 2019?
For some reason that RBs coach completely forgot Chubb and Hunt were on his team in most games.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:50 PM 01-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
And so much more.
Coaching philosophy
Getting along with staff
Leadership qualities

Yup. Stefanski checks most of those boxes, not entirely sure about his playcalling. McDaniels is a good playcaller, but huge question mark about how he checks the other boxes. Think people are getting a little too hung up on playcalling as the only marker for what makes a successful HC.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up