ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2452 of 4813
« First < 1452195223522402244224482449245024512452 245324542455245624622502255229523452 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:18 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I agree with both sentiments... and I do think the division is on the cusp of being much more competitive all around. It’s still KC’s to lose for the next several years, it will be fun though.
The word you're looking for here is 'decade'.

Let's see..in 2030 Pat will be 34..so that means he'll be two years younger than Aaron Rodgers is now. Good luck!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:38 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
The word you're looking for here is 'decade'.

Let's see..in 2030 Pat will be 34..so that means he'll be two years younger than Aaron Rodgers is now. Good luck!
There's no doubt that he has a huge future ahead of him.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:50 AM 01-17-2020
I do sincerely hope KC takes care of the Titans... this place will be an unbearable shitshow if they lose.
then u can go home
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:56 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
then u can go home
Trust me, if that were to happen... I likely wouldn't post for a month and let the flames settle. It won't happen though, TN has had a good ride, but they can't keep up with KC.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:14 AM 01-17-2020
Ok... regarding predictions. I don't recall the specifics, but believe you had them at 6 and I was in the 8-9 range, yeah? So, we essentially split the difference there - they weren't last place though, which you were firm they would be and said they would not. And, that was a perfect example of the "we'll see" logic being pretty justified.

Denver has been a team with an offense of 'who knows what to really expect' the last few years. I think we're starting to see things settle a bit with the offense.

Results in the end have still been under .500, but they've finished with a better record each of the last 2 years despite all the stupid bullshit they've tried. They have 2 years of foundational draft guys that are panning out. Build on that and they'll still have a good nucleus on defense.

Tough schedule next year, but 9 wins minimum should be their expectation. And, I won't predict anything less at this point - barring injuries to key players, obviously.

H - Bills, Dolphins, Saints, Bucs, Titans, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs
A - Steelers, Jets, Patriots, Panthers, Falcons, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs

That's my early, worst case 8-8 prediction... go ahead and save it. They make the right changes this offseason, they can win 9-10 games.
Worst-case scenario is a better record than this season, with a tougher schedule? LOL.

Your worst-case also includes wins over two teams that were vastly better than Denver this season.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:14 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Worst-case scenario is a better record than this season, with a tougher schedule? LOL.

Your worst-case also includes wins over two teams that were vastly better than Denver this season.
See, some of you have this idea that because a game had a specific outcome in one season, then it is assuredly going to repeat in the following season(s).

Denver swept LAC in 2019, after splitting in 2018... yet I'm still projecting a split in 2020. Based on what you're saying, I should project another sweep of LAC.

Denver beat the Titans in 2019 (shut them out), but I'm not projecting it at this point, even though the game is in Denver for 2020. The Titans team they beat earlier this season is a little different now... as are the Broncos, I think they're a better team now than when they beat the Titans - both have different QBs for one.

You just can't look at a certain set of results and say "well, that's the way it's going to be the next time".

Quick edit... playing your same logic, KC should lose this week to TN.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:25 AM 01-17-2020
I do sincerely hope KC takes care of the Titans... this place will be an unbearable shitshow if they lose.
Yeah, it will. All the mule tools and pat's "fans" will crawl out from the cesspools they've slinked off to, to "talk football".
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:30 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Yeah, it will. All the mule tools and pat's "fans" will crawl out from the cesspools they've slinked off to, to "talk football".
And you know they will...
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:37 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
If that happens, any Donk homers that do it should be permabanned. You don't disappear for most of the seat, then show up to rub salt in the wound.

That said, it shouldn't be an issue. Chiefs are going to the Superbowl.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:47 PM 01-17-2020
Here is some humor, a lot of the old donk forum is still hoping against hope that the Chiefs don't go to the bowl but here is my favorite...

I wouldn't put any stock in week 17 this year when Houston sat all the starters thinking they were sending Tennessee to KC until Pat's puked.

Queefs are going to absolutely queef all over Tennessee in an cruise to the SB win. It's easier to deal with once you accept that KC is going to be a yearly SB threat with PM.

A lot of them are really broken and finally accepting this reality, and it amuses me greatly.
[Reply]
TEX 03:39 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Here is some humor, a lot of the old donk forum is still hoping against hope that the Chiefs don't go to the bowl but here is my favorite...

I wouldn't put any stock in week 17 this year when Houston sat all the starters thinking they were sending Tennessee to KC until Pat's puked.

Chiefs are going to absolutely queef all over Tennessee in an cruise to the SB win. It's easier to deal with once you accept that KC is going to be a yearly SB threat with PM.

A lot of them are really broken and finally accepting this reality, and it amuses me greatly.
:-)

And the rest are hoping for all hope that some team can derail KC in the playoffs rather than even thinking their own team has a chance to even get there. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:53 PM 01-17-2020
Ok... regarding predictions.

H - Bills, Dolphins, Saints, Bucs, Titans, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs
A - Steelers, Jets, Patriots, Panthers, Falcons, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs

That's my early, worst case 8-8 prediction... go ahead and save it. They make the right changes this offseason, they can win 9-10 games.
That's not unreasonable, IMO. Though I think DEN would have more of a chance to beat the Raiders twice than split with the Chargers and beat the Bills. But I think that beating the Falcons is also a strong possibility.

Of course, we're way too far out from next season to be able to predict anything with any degree of certainty. A lot depends on how DEN grooms Lock this off-season and what they do in the draft.

The the Raiders are probably going to keep Carr for another season, so nonsense nonsense nonsense, they probably are going to be bad again. The Bills are obviously going to stick with Josh Allen, and he's pretty stupid. Probably gift the game away. And the Falcons might be one of the worst teams in the NFC next year. Also, who the hell knows what the Panthers are going to look like. Or the Patriots for that matter. With all of that, if Lock plays just consistently "average" DEN could win 8 games. Maybe even 9 if they get a little lucky. You know, like a Derek Carr fumble in the EZ (it could happen), or Josh Allen decides to throw the ball away at no one as he's taking a 30-yard sack (small chance, but who know?), or the Falcons just whoops shit the bed (just blue-skying here).
[Reply]
TEX 07:40 PM 01-17-2020
I agree with both sentiments... and I do think the division is on the cusp of being much more competitive all around. It’s still KC’s to lose for the next several years, it will be fun though.
It's very competitive right now from 2nd through 4th. With 2nd and 3rd place having tied record -wise, and 4th coming in at only two games back. Fact is Donk is far closer to last than first. IMO, 2-4 keep jockeying for position while KC stays on top.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:39 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
then u can go home
Lol
[Reply]
TEX 09:23 PM 01-17-2020
See, some of you have this idea that because a game had a specific outcome in one season, then it is assuredly going to repeat in the following season(s).

Denver swept LAC in 2019, after splitting in 2018... yet I'm still projecting a split in 2020. Based on what you're saying, I should project another sweep of LAC.

Denver beat the Titans in 2019 (shut them out), but I'm not projecting it at this point, even though the game is in Denver for 2020. The Titans team they beat earlier this season is a little different now... as are the Broncos, I think they're a better team now than when they beat the Titans - both have different QBs for one.

You just can't look at a certain set of results and say "well, that's the way it's going to be the next time".

Quick edit... playing your same logic, KC should lose this week to TN.
What about when one team has WON THE LAST 9 TIMES THEY'VE PLAYED???
[Reply]
Page 2452 of 4813
« First < 1452195223522402244224482449245024512452 245324542455245624622502255229523452 > Last »
Up