ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2451 of 4799
« First < 1451195123512401244124472448244924502451 245224532454245524612501255129513451 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:59 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, the cool thing is that neither one of us truly knows what they do or don't have with Lock. Mahomes is going to be the best QB in the division for a while, but that doesn't mean Denver can't win and be successful consistently with Lock.
You still haven't learned with the we'll see bullshit, have you?
[Reply]
TEX 10:40 AM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
This is what I don't get about that - This is a football message board. Its NO BIG DEAL to make a clear prediction and own it, but MHM has real issues with that now that his team is bad.

I said before the season that I thought Donk would come in last place with a record of 6-10. Thought KC would come in 1st at 11-5. I was wrong on 3 counts, but correct on 1 (The most important one :-)). Guess what? BIG DEAL!
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:52 AM 01-16-2020
Well, the cool thing is that neither one of us truly knows what they do or don't have with Lock. Mahomes is going to be the best QB in the division for a while, but that doesn't mean Denver can't win and be successful consistently with Lock.
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Originally Posted by TEX:
This is what I don't get about that - This is a football message board. Its NO BIG DEAL to make a clear prediction and own it, but MHM has real issues with that now that his team is bad.

I said before the season that I thought Donk would come in last place with a record of 6-10. Thought KC would come in 1st at 11-5. I was wrong on 3 counts, but correct on 1 (The most important one :-)). Guess what? BIG DEAL!
Ok, so ... what exactly do you guys want me to make a grand prediction on after 5 games with Lock?

Do you want me to predict something like he will be a top 10 QB going forward or that he is going to be just an average guy, bouncing between 7 and 10 wins every other year, teasing the fan base with greatness?

I don't believe either one of those to be true at this point because the offense has quite a few holes that will help shape that future. Denver needs a legit speedster at WR, a better RB2 (bounce freeman) and OL work.

After 5 games, and I believe I said this already, Lock appears to be the best QB they've put in the spot since Manning. It appears they've figured out that QB riddle and they don't have to spend a high draft pick on another QB this year.

I like the fact that they brought in a new OC and soon to be a new QB Coach and I think they have a very talented young cast of weapons around that offense, thanks to solid drafting the last 2 years. (after years of failure)

Am I ready to annoint him like everyone did Mayfield after his rookie year? No.. I'm not going to say that Lock is at an elite level and ready to spend the next decade and a half at the top of the QB ranks.

Based on the 5 games, I certainly think he has the tools and the skills to get there, but he's going to need some help on that offense, which is not that much different than every other QB.

So again, what exactly would you specifically like me to predict regarding Drew Lock?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:17 AM 01-16-2020
I don't like that the Donks hired Shurmur. He is a guy that has a chance to actually develop Lock.
[Reply]
TEX 02:20 PM 01-16-2020
Ok, so ... what exactly do you guys want me to make a grand prediction on after 5 games with Lock?

Do you want me to predict something like he will be a top 10 QB going forward or that he is going to be just an average guy, bouncing between 7 and 10 wins every other year, teasing the fan base with greatness?

I don't believe either one of those to be true at this point because the offense has quite a few holes that will help shape that future. Denver needs a legit speedster at WR, a better RB2 (bounce freeman) and OL work.

After 5 games, and I believe I said this already, Lock appears to be the best QB they've put in the spot since Manning. It appears they've figured out that QB riddle and they don't have to spend a high draft pick on another QB this year.

I like the fact that they brought in a new OC and soon to be a new QB Coach and I think they have a very talented young cast of weapons around that offense, thanks to solid drafting the last 2 years. (after years of failure)

Am I ready to annoint him like everyone did Mayfield after his rookie year? No.. I'm not going to say that Lock is at an elite level and ready to spend the next decade and a half at the top of the QB ranks.

Based on the 5 games, I certainly think he has the tools and the skills to get there, but he's going to need some help on that offense, which is not that much different than every other QB.

So again, what exactly would you specifically like me to predict regarding Drew Lock?
You're good. I should have been more clear on my end. I was referring to yours and my annual team record predictions where I predict an exact record, and you always go with a range and "if this" & "if that"... etc.

Also was referring to our picks for the KC / Den head to head match-ups, where I always pick the winner and loser and margin of victory, and you chime in with your past history novel that ends with," We'll see."

Regarding Mayfield, you and I shared that prediction. I thought he was an epic douche that would fail.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:18 PM 01-16-2020
You're good. I should have been more clear on my end. I was referring to yours and my annual team record predictions where I predict an exact record, and you always go with a range and "if this" & "if that"... etc.

Also was referring to our picks for the KC / Den head to head match-ups, where I always pick the winner and loser and margin of victory, and you chime in with your past history novel that ends with," We'll see."

Regarding Mayfield, you and I shared that prediction. I thought he was an epic douche that would fail.
Ok... regarding predictions. I don't recall the specifics, but believe you had them at 6 and I was in the 8-9 range, yeah? So, we essentially split the difference there - they weren't last place though, which you were firm they would be and said they would not. And, that was a perfect example of the "we'll see" logic being pretty justified.

Denver has been a team with an offense of 'who knows what to really expect' the last few years. I think we're starting to see things settle a bit with the offense.

Results in the end have still been under .500, but they've finished with a better record each of the last 2 years despite all the stupid bullshit they've tried. They have 2 years of foundational draft guys that are panning out. Build on that and they'll still have a good nucleus on defense.

Tough schedule next year, but 9 wins minimum should be their expectation. And, I won't predict anything less at this point - barring injuries to key players, obviously.

H - Bills, Dolphins, Saints, Bucs, Titans, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs
A - Steelers, Jets, Patriots, Panthers, Falcons, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs

That's my early, worst case 8-8 prediction... go ahead and save it. They make the right changes this offseason, they can win 9-10 games.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:21 PM 01-16-2020
Terez mentioned on his pod that Fangio canned Scangs bc he wanted more experience. Also said they are going to be looking hard for weapons to try to keep up with us.

Good luck!
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:23 PM 01-16-2020
Lock seems like he's more than competent. He could be a good QB for the Donks. He will not be a Patrick Mahomes (since there is only one...heh...) but he could be better than solid for them, and in most cases that's plenty enough to be competative, which is more than the Donks can say in the last 4 seasons.

Plus his girlfriend is quite attractive. So he's got that going for him.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:27 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Lock seems like he's more than competent. He could be a good QB for the Donks. He will not be a Patrick Mahomes (since there is only one...heh...) but he could be better than solid for them, and in most cases that's plenty enough to be competative, which is more than the Donks can say in the last 4 seasons.

Plus his girlfriend is quite attractive. So he's got that going for him.
True... everyone can't have a phenom, but even phenoms lose games and don't win the title every year. I like the Shurmur hiring, so we'll see what else they upgrade around him. They need a burner WR - Courtland is an obvious stud and Hamilton and Patrick are nice, they need a speed guy. Love Fant and Beck, they can be very solid. Lindsay is good, but they need another weapon in there as the R2. I like Freeman, but he's kinda meh. There's a lot of talent there.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:42 PM 01-16-2020
Ok... regarding predictions. I don't recall the specifics, but believe you had them at 6 and I was in the 8-9 range, yeah? So, we essentially split the difference there - they weren't last place though, which you were firm they would be and said they would not. And, that was a perfect example of the "we'll see" logic being pretty justified.

Denver has been a team with an offense of 'who knows what to really expect' the last few years. I think we're starting to see things settle a bit with the offense.

Results in the end have still been under .500, but they've finished with a better record each of the last 2 years despite all the stupid bullshit they've tried. They have 2 years of foundational draft guys that are panning out. Build on that and they'll still have a good nucleus on defense.

Tough schedule next year, but 9 wins minimum should be their expectation. And, I won't predict anything less at this point - barring injuries to key players, obviously.

H - Bills, Dolphins, Saints, Bucs, Titans, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs
A - Steelers, Jets, Patriots, Panthers, Falcons, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs

That's my early, worst case 8-8 prediction... go ahead and save it. They make the right changes this offseason, they can win 9-10 games.
It's way too early to even think about next year predictions. See how free agency and the draft goes. The Donks that finished the season are probably not going to resemble very closely the team that hits the field in Sept. Not to mention, if they start the season with 3 of 4 at home, they will have a better record than if they start with 3 of 4 on the road. Right now, I wouldn't pick them to beat the Bills, unless it's week 1 at Pile High. But, I will agree with your expectation to get swept by the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:24 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
It's way too early to even think about next year predictions. See how free agency and the draft goes. The Donks that finished the season are probably not going to resemble very closely the team that hits the field in Sept. Not to mention, if they start the season with 3 of 4 at home, they will have a better record than if they start with 3 of 4 on the road. Right now, I wouldn't pick them to beat the Bills, unless it's week 1 at Pile High. But, I will agree with your expectation to get swept by the Chiefs.
Screw you, man... I'm putting a baseline minimum expectation stake into the ground now. Dammit. I left the series with the Chiefs open for debate once we get an idea as to what the team looks like.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:41 AM 01-17-2020
I enjoy football more when both the Raiders and Donkeys are good.

It's no fun kicking doormats.

I understand that I'm in the minority on that point.

Trust me though, it will be sweeter when they think they have a legitimate shot, a solid team, and they're starting to believe and THEN we rip their hearts out.

Like old man Elway used to do to us.

It's less fun when we just blow them out all the time.
[Reply]
TEX 07:54 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I enjoy football more when both the Raiders and Donkeys are good.

It's no fun kicking doormats.

I understand that I'm in the minority on that point.

Trust me though, it will be sweeter when they think they have a legitimate shot, a solid team, and they're starting to believe and THEN we rip their hearts out.

Like old man Elway used to do to us.

It's less fun when we just blow them out all the time.
Naw. I like kicking the shit out if them regardless. Delusional Donk fan actually thought they were playoff bound this season. And Raider fan thought they were actually going to steal the division. If you're THAT stupid, you deserve to get your ass kicked every year, regardless of how good you are, just for being so stupid.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:16 AM 01-17-2020
Naw. I like kicking the shit out if them regardless. Delusional Donk fan actually thought they were playoff bound this season. And Raider fan thought they were actually going to steal the division. If you're THAT stupid, you deserve to get your ass kicked every year, regardless of how good you are, just for being so stupid.
I agree with both sentiments... and I do think the division is on the cusp of being much more competitive all around. It’s still KC’s to lose for the next several years, it will be fun though.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:18 AM 01-17-2020
I do sincerely hope KC takes care of the Titans... this place will be an unbearable shitshow if they lose.
[Reply]
Page 2451 of 4799
« First < 1451195123512401244124472448244924502451 245224532454245524612501255129513451 > Last »
Up