ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2448 of 4782
« First < 1448194823482398243824442445244624472448 244924502451245224582498254829483448 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:16 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by BroncoDork:
Denver is on an uptick. We'll see what happens.
What happens is you lose the next 30 games against Patrick Mahomes and finish in the basement for the next 15 years. HorseFace is your GM for Christs sake. Pick a new team so you can enjoy your life.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:21 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, at least he has you to talk for him.

Anyway, you phrased it wrong. I'm not happy they finished 2nd with a losing record. The Broncos were 2-6 after Flacco's last start. They had 7 games decided by a TD or less - they lost a couple they should have won and vice versa, as you pointed out.

But, at the midway point with 2-6 as their record - it stunk a great deal, morale was down for the team and they had no clear vision as to how things could look better.

They let Brandon Allen step in for 3 games, they went 1-2. Should have beat MIN, but they fell apart. Then, they handed it over to Lock and he went 4-1 to close things out, losing only @ KC.

Start out 2-6, finish 5-3 ... that's a nice way to close it out (4 on the road and 4 at home). 5 of their 9 losses were against playoff teams.

The team was a hot mess at midseason and they have a lot of work to do before they are a threat, but closing it out the way they did was a good sign towards things changing as long as they continue to draft as they have the last two years and play FA right.

Denver could very well have another losing season, but I'll leave it at 8-10 wins at this point. They have a lot of work to do.
Closing out the season on a positive note doesn't mean a damn thing. 33% of your roster will be turned over in the off season and you'll still have Bolles at LT , and a GM with a little more liver damage.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:32 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Closing out the season on a positive note doesn't mean a damn thing. 33% of your roster will be turned over in the off season and you'll still have Bolles at LT , and a GM with a little more liver damage.
Oh, well shit....
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:41 PM 12-30-2019
Beating Houston was really the only accomplishment that Denver should feel very good about. And it’s pretty clear that it was not a typical Lock (or Texans) performance.

Oakland doubled their yards yesterday, and it would have been worse if not for several drops. Not only were they extremely lucky to win; they were lucky not to be blown out.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:50 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Broncos FOR SALE????

Broncos' President and CEO Joe Ellis when asked if the sale of the team is an option said, "A sale remains a possibility given the circumstances we’re in."

There are numerous steps for a sale to occur, with the primary one being that the rest of the Ellis family has to approve the controlling owner. Still, Broncos beat writer Vic Lombardi noted, "This is the first time I’ve heard anybody from the organization publicly acknowledge the possible sale of this team."
Source: Vic Lombardi on Twitter
Dec 30, 2019, 3:26 PM ET
It sounds like there's a sister-sister catfight going on for control.

This is really problematic for me. Elway is backing one of them, so I know that she's evil and the other one is good. But if I support the good one, then if she wins she'll fire Elway. And I want Elway to be their GM forever.

So do I support good over evil, or do I support evil since it'll make the Broncos non-competitive for the rest of my life?
[Reply]
cdcox 11:58 PM 12-30-2019
We need to put together a coalition of Chiefs and Raiders fans to buy the Broncos and move the franchise to Oakland.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:14 AM 12-31-2019
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:17 AM 12-31-2019
I'm perfectly content with the Donks hitching their wagon to Lock/Fangio.

They are in that mode where "anything is better than being terrible". I think he will be an adequate QB..but 3-4 years down the road their fans are going to grow tired of being 9-7. Only problem is they wont ever be bad enough to land a QB able to go toe-to-toe with Mahomes. Their fans will shift to "get him a legit #1 WR...or a franchise RB.

It's kind of no-mans-land...QB purgatory. Dalton/Mariota/Winston/Cutler territory.

Donks should draft a top QB this year...but they wont.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:32 AM 12-31-2019
I don't get all the hate for Lock. I have seen several posts referencing his play in college as an indicator of his projected play in the NFL. But our QB wasn't winning a whole lot in college either.

I think we as Chiefs fans have become so conditioned over the years to tearing other teams down to make us feel better about our own team, or to tearing down other quarterbacks to make us feel less disgusted by our own QB.

We don't have to do either anymore. IDGAF who coaches Denver or who their QB is, because I'm confident that my team and QB will be better.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:03 AM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I don't get all the hate for Lock. I have seen several posts referencing his play in college as an indicator of his projected play in the NFL. But our QB wasn't winning a whole lot in college either.

I think we as Chiefs fans have become so conditioned over the years to tearing other teams down to make us feel better about our own team, or to tearing down other quarterbacks to make us feel less disgusted by our own QB.

We don't have to do either anymore. IDGAF who coaches Denver or who their QB is, because I'm confident that my team and QB will be better.

From what I've read, the biggest knock on lock is that he tends to have one really good game followed by a few meh or worse games. He's the definition of inconsistency. That was never the issue with Mahomes.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:13 AM 12-31-2019
A Vic Lock combo will put fear in the hearts of the entire NFL!
[Reply]
TEX 09:22 AM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm perfectly content with the Donks hitching their wagon to Lock/Fangio.

They are in that mode where "anything is better than being terrible". I think he will be an adequate QB..but 3-4 years down the road their fans are going to grow tired of being 9-7. Only problem is they wont ever be bad enough to land a QB able to go toe-to-toe with Mahomes. Their fans will shift to "get him a legit #1 WR...or a franchise RB.

It's kind of no-mans-land...QB purgatory. Dalton/Mariota/Winston/Cutler territory.
Completely agree.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:26 AM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I

Hahahahaha... you called us Bronco fans!
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:28 AM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by cdcox:
We need to put together a coalition of Chiefs and Raiders fans to buy the Broncos and move the franchise to Oakland.
best idea ever
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 09:36 AM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
best idea ever
Count me in. I was just taking an end of the year look at my portfolio and realizing I need to rebalance. I am not sure how to classify this investment choice (bliss?), but that is for my heirs to determine.
[Reply]
Page 2448 of 4782
« First < 1448194823482398243824442445244624472448 244924502451245224582498254829483448 > Last »
Up