ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Brad Pitt Springfield Homeboy On camera again rooting for the Chiefs
Tribal Warfare 04:41 AM 01-27-2020

Brad Pitt is a good sport 🤣🤣🤣#Chiefs #SuperBowl #NotWorldSeries pic.twitter.com/ySELUW8xNI

— Variety (@Variety) January 20, 2020

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:29 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Half this board complains when the Chiefs are disrespected by being ranked 2nd in a power ranking. Half this board used to complain endlessly when the pre-game shows never focused on us at all.
I remember that back in the day my complaint was when the Chiefs were shown in any highlight film... it was them getting smoked in one way or another. LOL

Originally Posted by :
You seriously don't get any enjoyment from the fact that the Chiefs are now the 'it' team in the NFL with the best player in history? A lot of us - right or wrong - probably feel some tribal/cultural validation from that. And similarly, when these celebs elevate us in the social consciousness, it does the same on some level.
Dunno man... I'm probably the odd one out on this one. While I do get enjoyment from the Chiefs being the it team in the NFL I get no validation from any celebrity pimping my team. I feel no sense of community or commonality with them because of it... and to go even further, I am honestly confused by people who do. "A rich and famous person "likes" the same thing I do... wohoo!".

I remember being in school and being told to write an essay about our hero. I went up to the teacher and told her I didn't have one and she looked at me like I was growing a horn out of my head. Celebrity/fame/status has never moved me one way or another.

Originally Posted by :
As for not being involved until the post-Pioli era, do you really know that to be true? Paul Rudd for one narrated Hard Knocks in 2007.
I could definitely be wrong... as far as I recall they just (outside of Ethridge) weren't visible as Chiefs fans. Chiefs start playing winning football and suddenly these guys are popping up everywhere talking up the club.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:34 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I could definitely be wrong... as far as I recall they just (outside of Ethridge) weren't visible as Chiefs fans. Chiefs start playing winning football and suddenly these guys are popping up everywhere talking up the club.
You're definitely wrong.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:38 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You're definitely wrong.
Quite possibly... I said as much. Regardless, it doesn't change my initial thought of... why do we care that a celebrity likes the same thing we do?.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:53 PM 12-12-2020
Dunno man... I'm probably the odd one out on this one. While I do get enjoyment from the Chiefs being the it team in the NFL I get no validation from any celebrity pimping my team. I feel no sense of community or commonality with them because of it... and to go even further, I am honestly confused by people who do. "A rich and famous person "likes" the same thing I do... wohoo!".
I think you're missing the point. These people grow the brands of your team. That's the validation. Not that someone rich and famous likes your team.

But looking at it another way, did you ever meet someone in some random situation only to find out that they were also a Chiefs fan? I've never lived anywhere near Missouri, yet I've always derived enjoyment from that. And I think that's because you feel like someone you'd never met before has somehow shared this special thing from afar. It's part of what makes CP a community because we've all shared the same suffering.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:00 PM 12-12-2020
why do we care that a celebrity likes the same thing we do?.
I have no idea to whom you're referring but I couldn't care less about anyone's choice to be a fan of any team.

That said, I do know that Brad Pitt, Paul Rudd and Rob Riggle are definitely lifelong Chiefs fans.

I'm sure Sudekis is in that category as well but I've never hung out with to confirm, although he always mentions Overland Park and Shawnee Mission West whenever possible.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:12 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think you're missing the point. These people grow the brands of your team. That's the validation. Not that someone rich and famous likes your team.
Yeah... I'm definitely missing something here. Unless I'm part of the Hunt family, I don't give a shit about "growing the brand". As a fan... I don't care if some regular joe from Missoula is a fan of the Chiefs in the same way I don't care that celebrity Rob Riggle is a fan. Any validation I feel as a Chiefs fan comes from Mahomes/Reid and Co... not Riggle, Pitt, and Rudd.

Don't misunderstand... I'm happy Riggle, the man, is a fan and if he is in the stadium screaming his face off when we are on defense then he is a plus to the fanbase and the club. I still don't care that Riggle, the celeb, is a fan though.

Originally Posted by :
But looking at it another way, did you ever meet someone in some random situation only to find out that they were also a Chiefs fan? I've never lived anywhere near Missouri, yet I've always derived enjoyment from that. And I think that's because you feel like someone you'd never met before has somehow shared this special thing from afar. It's part of what makes CP a community because we've all shared the same suffering.
I have and I'm sure others have as well. I don't know, though, that anyone felt compelled to make a thread about it. (in fact... several threads as these celeb fans have been discussed on here several times) If they did... would anyone actually give a shit if the other person wasn't some sort of celeb?

----

Like I said... I'm probably the odd one out on this. My intent isn't to shit on people for enjoying the shared association with a celeb. I'm a huge proponent for letting people enjoy what they enjoy. I simply don't understand it.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:24 PM 12-12-2020
Yeah... I'm definitely missing something here. Unless I'm part of the Hunt family, I don't give a shit about "growing the brand". As a fan... I don't care if some regular joe from Missoula is a fan of the Chiefs in the same way I don't care that celebrity Rob Riggle is a fan. Any validation I feel as a Chiefs fan comes from Mahomes/Reid and Co... not Riggle, Pitt, and Rudd.

Don't misunderstand... I'm happy Riggle, the man, is a fan and if he is in the stadium screaming his face off when we are on defense then he is a plus to the fanbase and the club. I still don't care that Riggle, the celeb, is a fan though.

I have and I'm sure others have as well. I don't know, though, that anyone felt compelled to make a thread about it. (in fact... several threads as these celeb fans have been discussed on here several times) If they did... would anyone actually give a shit if the other person wasn't some sort of celeb?

----

Like I said... I'm probably the odd one out on this. My intent isn't to shit on people for enjoying the shared association with a celeb. I'm a huge proponent for letting people enjoy what they enjoy. I simply don't understand it.
Damn, a Missoula reference.

Do I know you?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:34 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
He picked his disgusting, shit city. You're STL branded for life Don, deal with it.
Dude, we don't pick where we are born. What family we have or whether they abandon him. Or who he lives with as a kid.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:24 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He seems like a bandwagoner.

Not a true fan like Rudd, Stonestreet or Riggle.

Always thought it seemed like Brad wasn't too proud to be a Missourian. Could just be me though. Love his work.
Never heard of any of them till Chiefs got good.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:27 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Never heard of any of them till Chiefs got good.
:-)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:31 PM 12-12-2020
should i be pissed or not about these important matters?
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:03 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)
He clearly hasn't been paying attention to this kinda thing... HCF, you're WRONG

[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up