ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Loved ones you wish were here for SB LIV
Megbert 05:14 PM 01-26-2020
I wish my dad was still here to experience the greatness of PMII, the Royals '14 and '15 seasons.

Around '75 (I was 3/4) My dad started teaching me how to play baseball. I also listened to the games with him. During this time he took me to Royals stadium to see the Royals play. My favorite player was Cookie Rojas because of his name.

I really didn't get into football until HS. In my 20's is watch the games with him. I remember how excited the was when we got Montana. I even had a no call/no show the first Monday night game to be played at Arrowhead in years, just so I could watch the game with him.

In Sept. 96 I moved to Phoenix, AZ. My dad and grandfather drove my grandfather's van from KC to help me move. On the drive my dad complained of lower back pain and couldn't drive. Didn't think anything of it, as he worked in a warehouse and has had back issues in the past.

March/April of 97 I get a call from my dad, he told me he had liver cancer. As Father's day approached it was clear he wouldn't make it much longer. So I flew back to KC to surprise him one last time. He was surprised and we had a BBQ at his house. He had lost a lot of weight and was not how I remembered him.

Later that year (don't remember the month). My sister calls me to tell me he's not responding to the chemo and it's only a matter of time.

Sept 8 the cords win a thriller in the final seconds 28-27 against the Raiders on MNF. I think about calling my dad to talk about the game, but it was late and I figured he might be too tired to have finished the game.

Sept 13 Recently I moved into a new apartment and didn't have phone service. I head to my college to do some art on the computers there. While there I get word that my family has been trying to reach me. I use a phone there, that's when I get the news about my pops. I wish I had called and talked to him one last time. At least I had the Father's Day memories.

This hat was his, he got it in '95. It's leather, which is kinda rare. I promised myself that I'd wear it when the Chiefs finally made it to the SB. Some 23 years later I finally get to make good on that promise.

Go Chiefs! Win one for my pops, every KC fan that has suffered all these years of "because Chiefs". Win it for Lamar, Clark and the rest of the Hunts (Clarks).

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:22 PM 01-26-2020
My aunt.

Her and I actually didn’t get along too well. We were blocked on Facebook from each other the last couple years of her life (she often got into it with my mom over decades long family issues), but, her love for the Chiefs was unmatched by anyone I’ve ever known. She passed this September, but I know how happy she was watching the team last year and I wish she could have been here to be a part of this ride.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:30 PM 01-26-2020
My Dad. Lost him in late August before the season started.

He has a nice Chiefs coat that my Mom gave me and I wore it to the AFCCG...felt like a piece of him was there with me.
[Reply]
Son of Logical 11:47 PM 01-26-2020
Definitely my dad. He would of loved this. I know he was around for the “Golden Years” of the Chiefs, but he would of loved PMII. To watch this team in the SB with him would of been a blast for me. RIP Logical, I hope they have the game on in heaven.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:59 PM 01-26-2020
No one, Dads been dead since I was 13 but he was a Donkey fan.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:09 AM 01-27-2020
My Uncle Mark and cousin Chucky
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:51 AM 01-27-2020
My Uncle Gary - who told me the story of the Ben Davidson spear and the 1971 Christmas Day debacle vs. the Dolphins so many times I feel like I've lived both of them.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up