ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Time Mag: Entertainer of the Year (2019)
Prison Bitch 08:51 AM 12-12-2019

Surely, in the year of our lord 2019, you know who Lizzo is. I mean, even if you don’t think you know, girl—you know.

https://time.com/entertainer-of-the-year-2019-lizzo/
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:41 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Strawman.

You don't get to determine how others feel about a complete and totally subjective subject.

:-)
No strawman... a 1 to 1 comparison about my own thoughts on two artists. I understand if your need to fat shame and belittle an artist you don't appreciate clouds your judgement.

I hold Prince's opinion, along with her peers in the music industry and her classical flute professor, on her musical talent above someone who doesn't like her because she is fat and not ashamed of her body.

/ I'll state that I don't look up her photos because she does nothing for me but that doesn't take away her talent, 8 Grammy nominations, and the fact she has worked with major artists around the world.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:45 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Hendrix makes noise and not music?

Are you like 90 years old?
LOL

I'm 39.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:53 PM 12-13-2019
It's ok to have an opinion of your own...JFC I don't give a shit if anyone else likes it...it blows
[Reply]
eDave 09:54 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It's ok to have an opinion of your own...JFC I don't give a shit if anyone else likes it...it blows
Good for you! Still deserving of this award though. So suuuuuck it.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:20 PM 12-13-2019
[QUOTE=MephistophelesJanx;14654340]. I understand if your need to fat shame

dishonest.

we're done here.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:22 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Nor do you
I didn't do that, edavida.

:-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:35 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I understand if your need to fat shame

dishonest.

we're done here.
Uh huh...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:36 AM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
To say that she is a subpar talent and that she "has to show her ass to sell records" is unequivocally incorrect. You not liking her music or her persona doesn't change that. No arbitration needed. It is akin to me saying Jimi Hendrix had to be a junkie in order to sell records to dirty hippies.

I don't like Jimi Hendrix and think he makes noise and not music. That said... I recognize the talent he has, people who know more about guitar music than I say he is amazing, and I see and appreciate his technical skill.

I don't get to say Jimi is sub-par talent when his peers recognize him to be outstanding just because I don't like his music.
That's a pretty bad example. Jimi sold through his music and artistry. He didn't rely on a personality gimmick as part of his brand. Lizzo is part music, part gimmick. She has an over-the-top personality. Doesn't bother me, but it isn't for everyone. I find some of her music catchy but I wouldn't call it award winning on its own. But music awards aren't all about artistry. It rewards performance too. Gaga is oozing with talent but she knows her rise to fame had a lot to do with her gimmick. Madonna used sex to sell a gazillion records. That being said, some on this thread have an interesting level of outrage. I don't like Katy Perry's or Miley Cyrus' music but I'm not going to go ballistic if they win an award.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:45 AM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That's a pretty bad example. Jimi sold through his music and artistry. He didn't rely on a personality gimmick as part of his brand. Lizzo is part music, part gimmick. She has an over-the-top personality. Doesn't bother me, but it isn't for everyone. I find some of her music catchy but I wouldn't call it award winning on its own. But music awards aren't all about artistry. It rewards performance too. Gaga is oozing with talent but she knows her rise to fame had a lot to do with her gimmick. Madonna used sex to sell a gazillion records. That being said, some on this thread have an interesting level of outrage. I don't like Katy Perry's or Miley Cyrus' music but I'm not going to go ballistic if they win an award.
That's also not to say lizzo wouldn't be crazy talented without the shtick. She has some music where she shows incredible vocal talent. Once I saw past gagas shtick, I came to appreciate how incredibly talented she is. I'd also encourage people to check out miley Cyrus and pink doing folk and rock covers. Pretty great stuff. I'm not a Hollywood guy so I always kind of love when you get to see some of the raw talent without the gimmick.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:02 AM 12-14-2019
That's also not to say lizzo wouldn't be crazy talented without the shtick. She has some music where she shows incredible vocal talent. Once I saw past gagas shtick, I came to appreciate how incredibly talented she is. I'd also encourage people to check out miley Cyrus and pink doing folk and rock covers. Pretty great stuff. I'm not a Hollywood guy so I always kind of love when you get to see some of the raw talent without the gimmick.
Fair... Gaga is a better example than Jimmy. I had the same experience with Gaga in that I couldn't get past the persona she put on at the beginning of her career but I too came to appreciate her once I put the weirdness aside.

That said, I'm not clear on how much of Lizzo's persona is a schtick vs just how she actually really is. Time will tell... like it did with Gaga.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:06 AM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Fair... Gaga is a better example than Jimmy. I had the same experience with Gaga in that I couldn't get past the persona she put on at the beginning of her career but I too came to appreciate her once I put the weirdness aside.

That said, I'm not clear on how much of Lizzo's persona is a schtick vs just how she actually really is. Time will tell... like it did with Gaga.
Yeah, I don't think it's much of a shtick. But her personality is a major part of what she's selling. Sometimes people get too hung up on music awards being all about the music. In a perfect world pure artistry would be rewarded but that's not how major music awards work.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 02:21 AM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Like touch my toes or wipe my own ass?
:-):-):-):-)

Seriously though, people need to stop glamorizing morbid obesity and mental illnesses. I know they think they're helping these people build confidence or whatever, but really they're just enabling the sickness. This poor woman is gonna eat her fat ass to death some day and the blood will be on Time Magazines' hands.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:54 AM 12-14-2019
I have absolutely no idea who this person is.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:07 AM 12-14-2019
Madonna used sex to sell a gazillion records.
^^^^^^^

The woman is worth almost a billion dollars.

She IS the richest entertainer in the world.

That fact alone shows how far the music industry has sold out, let alone what passes for talent.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:16 AM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Google's 2019 "The Year inSearch" (warning contains successful black people, strong confident women, overweight people, gay people)

Still lulzing at this woke horseshit

Thanks for clapping back and being the conscience of our nation!
[Reply]
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Up