ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 206 of 301
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
tk13 07:54 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Not really wanting it both ways. I haven't actually been complaining about either of them...so that's not really my issue. Must be talking to someone else or "the general tenor" of the board.
Maybe so, but either way they both have been awful at the plate lately. Giving them a day off to reset isn't really a big deal.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:56 AM 08-08-2019
But Yost gets a pass from what I've observed.
Surely you don’t mean that in reference to this board? A lot of people here shredded Ned during the WS runs, let alone the years since then. Hell, this board may have created the term “Yosted”.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 12:15 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Surely you don’t mean that in reference to this board? A lot of people here shredded Ned during the WS runs, let alone the years since then. Hell, this board may have created the term “Yosted”.
I don't mean all-time...I mean lately...just like I said. DM has been getting hammered a lot this year...and that's fair. But rarely do I read a peep on Yost. Maybe people just think that as goes DM, so goes Yost...so pushing eject on DM means Yost goes as well. Right now, I'm more concerned in development and I have no qualms about giving DM another year or maybe 2 to get the roster constructed for a run. But I have zero patience for Yost. He's coasting. I want a manager that's hungry and can get the most out of his given roster. Does anyone really think Yost qualifies? Perhaps everyone's just terrified that Matheny is next up.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:03 PM 08-08-2019
I don't mean all-time...I mean lately...just like I said. DM has been getting hammered a lot this year...and that's fair. But rarely do I read a peep on Yost. Maybe people just think that as goes DM, so goes Yost...so pushing eject on DM means Yost goes as well. Right now, I'm more concerned in development and I have no qualms about giving DM another year or maybe 2 to get the roster constructed for a run. But I have zero patience for Yost. He's coasting. I want a manager that's hungry and can get the most out of his given roster. Does anyone really think Yost qualifies? Perhaps everyone's just terrified that Matheny is next up.
A lot of truth to what you said there . . . . . .
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:23 PM 08-08-2019
So managers really make much of a difference ?

Put Yost on the Astros and they still have 75 wins

Put Hinch on the Royals and they have maybe 4-5 more wins.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:35 PM 08-08-2019
I liked Kyle Zimmer better when he wasn’t pitching
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:39 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
He’s a flaming bag of walk right now. Absolutely no control. In danger of walking all 4 batters he’s faced
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 06:41 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
:-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:42 PM 08-08-2019
Ok, that slider was pretty damned good
[Reply]
tk13 06:44 PM 08-08-2019
This game is an hour and a half old and we're still in the 3rd inning. This is what happens when neither team can pitch.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:47 PM 08-08-2019
Amazingly, only one run scored
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:47 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
This game is an hour and a half old and we're still in the 3rd inning. This is what happens when neither team can pitch.
I hadn’t paid attention to just how awful Detroit was. Not that we’re much either, but dear God, they are horrid.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:37 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
He’s a flaming bag of walk right now. Absolutely no control. In danger of walking all 4 batters he’s faced

This was a problem he was having in Omaha. Moving to the opener slot helped him with it.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:37 PM 08-08-2019
Wow.

Great back to back AB’s by Hamilton and Whit. :-)

Edit: And Gordo promptly bails them out.
[Reply]
tk13 07:38 PM 08-08-2019
The day off has seemed to help Gordon. He's hit the ball hard every time up tonight. That was a deep home run.
[Reply]
Page 206 of 301
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256 > Last »
Up