Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Saints WR Michael Thomas is very sensitive
staylor26 06:29 PM 05-18-2020

All Parker did was answer the question
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:07 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Kneeling, in no way, disrespects the flag or the anthem. Even you understand that.
The presentation of the flag and the performance of the anthem is, whatever you think of the worth or merit, intended as a moment of unified recognition of commonality. It's purpose is to say 'hey, take a pause and reflect on the good things we share.' If you kneel, or turn your back, or stay away, or ride an exercycle, purposefully to distinguish yourself from that moment, it indicates, whether intentional or not, that you wish to disassociate.

If that's truly not what you intend to do, you do something different.
If that's what you intend to do, but you feel you have good reason, state your reason.

If people find your conduct disrepectful, that's their right.

Remember when we have other conversations about how people should or shouldn't emotionally react to symbols or statements, and so many of you PASSIONATELY argued just that, that it is the right of the individual to respond to the symbol or statement or act, as their consciences dictates?

And again reiterating yet another thing I'm sure I've already said, just because I explain things so people can understand ALL sides, which is what we're supposed to be doing, doesn't mean I advocate, or certainly not that I'm passionate about, those specific things myself.

I've done enough eye-rolling and moving on at other stuff, the protest stuff doesn't really bother me one way or another.

But you lot are trying to police the individual responses of everyone, based on your particular perspective, which seems the opposite of empathy.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:14 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The presentation of the flag and the performance of the anthem is, whatever you think of the worth or merit, intended as a moment of unified recognition of commonality. It's purpose is to say 'hey, take a pause and reflect on the good things we share.' If you kneel, or turn your back, or stay away, or ride an exercycle, purposefully to distinguish yourself from that moment, it indicates, whether intentional or not, that you wish to disassociate.

If that's what you intend to do, but you feel you have good reason, state your reason.

Remember when we have other conversations about how people should or shouldn't emotionally react to symbols or statements, and so many of you PASSIONATELY argued just that, that it is the right of the individual to respond to the symbol or statement or act, as their consciences dictates?

And again reiterating yet another thing I'm sure I've already said, just because I explain things so people can understand ALL sides, which is what we're supposed to be doing, doesn't mean I advocate, or certainly not that I'm passionate about, those specific things myself.

I've done enough eye-rolling and moving on at other stuff, the protest stuff doesn't really bother me one way or another.

But you lot are trying to police the individual responses of everyone, based on your particular perspective, which seems the opposite of empathy.
If they had meant to disrespect the flag or the anthem, wouldn't they have said just that? In all of the times I've heard or read players explaining their kneeling, I've not seen many/any? suggest they wish to disrespect the flag or the anthem. So, clearly, that is not their intention. I'd not suggest that someone else won't choose to perceive it that way (as is their right), but it certainly doesn't appear to be their intent.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:16 PM 06-03-2020
If they had meant to disrespect the flag or the anthem, wouldn't they have said just that? In all of the times I've heard or read players explaining their kneeling, I've not seen many/any? suggest they wish to disrespect the flag or the anthem. So, clearly, that is not their intention. I'd not suggest that someone else won't choose to perceive it that way (as is their right), but it certainly doesn't appear to be their intent.
I'm not going to dig up the exact quote, but as for Kaep he said something very close to 'what they're doing with that flag and anthem, just wasn't something I could participate in.'

I'm not saying personally that the descriptor I would use is 'disrespectful,' but;

OR say whatever you like, but don't be surprised when people choose to react to it however they like.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:21 PM 06-03-2020
I'm not going to dig up the exact quote, but as for Kaep he said something very close to 'what they're doing with that flag and anthem, just wasn't something I could participate in.'

I'm not saying personally that the descriptor I would use is 'disrespectful,l but;
I suppose if we define "disrespect" as "non-participation", then, yes, he's clearly being disrespectful.

I'm guessing the totality of things we disrespect through non-participation is close to innumerable.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:26 PM 06-03-2020
I suppose if we define "disrespect" as "non-participation", then, yes, he's clearly being disrespectful.

I'm guessing the totality of things we disrespect through non-participation is close to innumerable.
I'd imagine non-participation in a moment of respect would rank pretty high, though. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:27 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Not kneeling - still vilified.

But hey, just takes 40 years for the public to come around.

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:44 PM 06-03-2020
Wtf is this dumb fucking DC bullshit. Ban all of these stupid fucks. Jesus christ.
[Reply]
Sorry 01:19 AM 06-04-2020

You really like hearing yourself speak irl don’t you?
[Reply]
Sorry 01:21 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Not kneeling - still vilified.

But hey, just takes 40 years for the public to come around.
If it provides an earthquake to the white centric America world then it will always be vilified. Now get this Dc outta here
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:35 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Wtf is this dumb ****ing DC bullshit. Ban all of these stupid ****s. Jesus christ.
They've caught the gay and become inflamed with their own kind.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:37 AM 06-04-2020
I wonder what he thinks of Drew Brees?
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:28 AM 06-04-2020
Makes it so much easier to root against Brees as a Bucs fan. I hope he blows that team the fuck up.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:46 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Makes it so much easier to root against Brees as a Bucs fan. I hope he blows that team the **** up.
Why the fuck is a bucs fan on our board?
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:09 AM 06-04-2020
This from the guy who welched on a pledge to leave, then went around the internet recruiting minions to brigade the forum.

All you want is war. If someone says something reasonable, you reinterpret it for something inflammatory or confrontational.

You personify so much that is wrong with the world.
Lol yet again you don't even try to address the point - just stick to the personal attacks.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:10 AM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Why the **** is a bucs fan on our board?
Probably not really a Bucs fan. Must be a Tom Brady fan boy.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up