ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA
MeaTy The Pimp 05:21 PM 04-20-2024
I have never really had any interactions with you good or bad. That being said, Sorry you are going through that. I hope you can fully enjoy your retirement anyway.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:54 AM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp:
I have never really had any interactions with you good or bad. That being said, Sorry you are going through that. I hope you can fully enjoy your retirement anyway.
since 2003? That’s weird. I don’t remember anything either. But anyway, thanks for the kind words. :-)
[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 09:04 AM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
since 2003? That’s weird. I don’t remember anything either. But anyway, thanks for the kind words. :-)
I don't post much either. Most of the time, if I have something to say or contribute to a discussion, someone has already said it, and I don't like saying the same shit over and over. (...because you know the 'Repost Police' will pipe up)
[Reply]
BigRichard 05:43 PM 04-20-2024
How long before we should expect a duplicate thread made by you?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 PM 04-20-2024
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
How many times have you been in trouble at home for forgetting to close your xtube browser?
I design clouds but I can’t close a browser? Well crap, maybe she can watch and learn then?

Originally Posted by BigRichard:
How long before we should expect a duplicate thread made by you?
over/Under?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:42 PM 04-21-2024
I've seen a few retirement parties in IT, we had a virtual one for myself ~6 months ago, but with the virtual nature of our work it's become more rare. It's not a bad thing IMO, I was 100% telework for many many years before it became popular across the larger industry. The engineers who worked under me in my organization were spread all over the country and globe, so office space was pretty-much a waste of space since our recurring meetings were 99% virtual, and over time we were able to cut travel down to crisis-only situations. I enjoyed my virtual during work party, and know my family and dogs really benefitted from me being home unless I needed to travel.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:09 PM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I've seen a few retirement parties in IT, we had a virtual one for myself ~6 months ago, but with the virtual nature of our work it's become more rare. It's not a bad thing IMO, I was 100% telework for many many years before it became popular across the larger industry. The engineers who worked under me in my organization were spread all over the country and globe, so office space was pretty-much a waste of space since our recurring meetings were 99% virtual, and over time we were able to cut travel down to crisis-only situations. I enjoyed my virtual during work party, and know my family and dogs really benefitted from me being home unless I needed to travel.
I worked remotely from 2013 when I finished working for the military. I was tired as fuck with spending 80 minute commute back and forth. Another 30 minutes getting in and out of security.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:08 PM 04-21-2024
I worked remotely from 2013 when I finished working for the military. I was tired as fuck with spending 80 minute commute back and forth. Another 30 minutes getting in and out of security.
That's why I'm 100000000000000% down with the movement that is "Telework" if your job allows it. Lots of luddites disagree, but FUCK IT people going into the office, it's just not needed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
That's why I'm 100000000000000% down with the movement that is "Telework" if your job allows it. Lots of luddites disagree, but FUCK IT people going into the office, it's just not needed.
Its just ridiculous. Especially I.T. (except desktop and hardware jobs) there is no reason to come into the office. Productivity issues? That's an office issue, not your well paid I.T. staff.

I guarantee you once a tech gets to our level, he's already knows how to be self-motivated, a "go-getter". You can only demotivate them.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:52 AM 04-23-2024
Its just ridiculous. Especially I.T. (except desktop and hardware jobs) there is no reason to come into the office. Productivity issues? That's an office issue, not your well paid I.T. staff.

I guarantee you once a tech gets to our level, he's already knows how to be self-motivated, a "go-getter". You can only demotivate them.
Yep, and I'll add that being at the office offers WAAAAAAAAAAY too many opportunities to keep your best and brightest from staying focused. Not that email and applications like Teams isn't a concentration killer, but people interrupting your day is just silly.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 02:28 PM 04-23-2024
Have you developed a tattoo system yet, and how will you avoid the pitfalls that Guy Pierce encountered?
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 05:27 PM 04-23-2024
Enjoy your retirement. As someone who fights memory issues as well - reviewing Google Calendar a few times a day helps remind me of stuff that needs doing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:23 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:
Enjoy your retirement. As someone who fights memory issues as well - reviewing Google Calendar a few times a day helps remind me of stuff that needs doing.
Sorry to hear, it sucks as we both know.

I've been putting everything in the calendar on the I-Phone. Making notes etc.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:37 AM 04-24-2024
Sorry to hear, it sucks as we both know.

I've been putting everything in the calendar on the I-Phone. Making notes etc.
Download an app to take notes in. I use one called inkpad. Love it and kept notes on various things for years. Things I wouldn't remember, like how to shut off the fridge in our camper when we close down for the year.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up