ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 448 of 464
« First < 348398438444445446447448 449450451452458 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:10 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
So winning doesn't matter.
It's the only thing
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 AM 06-19-2023
So winning doesn't matter. My guess is that Rory himself doesn't think that way.
I'd guess he realizes that he just needs to continue to put himself in that position and he'll win a few more.

Or maybe he won't, I dunno, it's a hard game.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:12 AM 06-19-2023
How else are you to get all of the Escalades?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:31 AM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd guess he realizes that he just needs to continue to put himself in that position and he'll win a few more.

Or maybe he won't, I dunno, it's a hard game.
Making a putt on the back 9 of a major for the first time in a decade when you're in contention might aid in that goal.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:42 AM 06-19-2023
Tom Watson’s open letter to Monahan

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tom...ay-monahan/amp

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tom...ay-monahan/amp

Originally Posted by :
An open letter to Jay Monahan, the PGA Tour's Board, and to my fellow players:

First, I wish Jay Monahan a complete and speedy recovery. I respect the leadership he has shown in the past for our Tour. It can’t be an easy job. With the recent high hurdles in dealing with LIV poaching Tour players and the legal battles presented as a result, I have a sense of the complexity of the issues which he presently faces as a leader.

Unfortunately, in the wake of recent news, I also understand the cries of hypocrisy. Because he is a smart man, I know Jay does too. In my opinion, the communication has been mishandled and the process by which the Tour agreed on a proposed partnership with PIF was executed without due process. As a group of players and stakeholders who represent the face and the brands of the Tour, what are our choices?

Clearly, the Tour’s traditional business model was threatened by LIV. The upstart tour created unprecedented obstacles and battles of both moral and financial consequence.

While I wasn't in the player meeting on Tuesday, June 6th (ironically on the anniversary of D-Day), for Jay's PIF partnership/Tour announcement, I've watched enough to know that it was certainly unlike any of the player meetings I've been involved with in my 50-plus years as a member of the Tour. The Commissioner and the PGA Tour Board, on which five Tour players sit, are going to have to do a lot of firsthand explaining to comfortably coax acceptance with our membership on this partnership with the PIF. The Tour's stakeholders: the players themselves, the broad span of global media, as well as the tournament sponsors and independent Tour partners, require an explanation of the benefits of forming this partnership.

There are many unanswered questions to date, which I hope will be addressed with the players by Tour management at this week's Travelers tour event. What does acceptance of this partnership mean to the Tour? What do we get? What do we give up? Why was this deal done in such secrecy and why wasn't even one of the players who sits on the Tour's Policy Board included? A matter this profound deserves thorough vetting by a representative group of stakeholders which include those, who in the end, define the public image and emotional connection with the PGA Tour.
Tom pulled no punches. Good on him.
[Reply]
scho63 01:23 PM 06-19-2023
Golf fans have easily become the most obnoxious, self centered, attention seeking douchebags on the face of the Earth.

Tik Tok, Instagram and the social media culture has a bunch of them SCREAMING out some stupid phrase or word so they can tell all their loser friends, " HEY DID YOU HEAR MY VOICE ON TV??? THAT WAS ME YELLING 'BOOGIE LITTLE BALL' on the 14th hole."

Get a life you annoying worthless coprolites.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:55 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Golf fans have easily become the most obnoxious, self centered, attention seeking douchebags on the face of the Earth.

Tik Tok, Instagram and the social media culture has a bunch of them SCREAMING out some stupid phrase or word so they can tell all their loser friends, " HEY DID YOU HEAR MY VOICE ON TV??? THAT WAS ME YELLING 'BOOGIE LITTLE BALL' on the 14th hole."

Mashed potatoes!
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 03:08 PM 06-19-2023
His putting has always been the weakness in his game but I find it gets even worse in the big ones. That’s now two Sundays in a row as a favorite in a major he’s played nearly flawless tee to green only to be let down completely by that club.
Rory always has at least one massive brain fart in these majors. Yesterday it was shortsiding himself in the bunker from 135 out on 14. That was just a backbreaker.

I told my wife that even I would have realized that was the one place I couldn’t hit it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:13 PM 06-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Rory always has at least one massive brain fart in these majors. Yesterday it was shortsiding himself in the bunker from 135 out on 14. That was just a backbreaker.

I told my wife that even I would have realized that was the one place I couldn’t hit it.
That was a massive mistake for someone of his ability, especially considering how he was hitting the ball all day.

I just think it's is in his head at this point and has been for several years now at majors. The longer the streak goes of not winning one, the more difficult it will be to overcome too.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:48 AM 06-20-2023

No one needs to hear that crap at a golf match. Wonder what the players think
[Reply]
BWillie 12:05 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
No one needs to hear that crap at a golf match. Wonder what the players think
Only in golf do we get so offended when fans yell something silly.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:07 PM 06-20-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Only in golf do we get so offended when fans yell something silly.
Rutabaga!
[Reply]
Miles 12:43 PM 06-20-2023

That was one of the main things I noticed in the Full Swing series and hadn’t realized it had gotten like that. People have always yelled dumb shit after the shot but now there is more heckling in general.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:25 PM 06-20-2023

If a person is cringe enough to be a "GET IN THE HOLE!!" guy, hearing their voice while watching the DVR when they got home that night was likely going to be as good as it ever gets for them. It will probably be on their headstone along with dates of birth and death.

Here lies Jimmy Wilson
If you didn't know him, you were probably familiar with his work.
He was the voice you heard yelling GET IN THE HOLE after Adam Hadwin's drive on the 6th tee in the Zurich Classic on Thursday on April 20, 2023
RIP
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:47 AM 06-29-2023
Tonight if you are interested....

[Reply]
Page 448 of 464
« First < 348398438444445446447448 449450451452458 > Last »
Up