ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 57
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:45 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Pump replacements are like $12.
I'm not knocking it in anyway. It was fun. We replaced what it was sitting on with a holy liquor cabinet and we were done messing with it. It's sitting on a shelf in the shop and I might fix it up again someday. I thought enough of it to not pitch.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:46 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I'm not knocking it in anyway. It was fun. We replaced what it was sitting on with a holy liquor cabinet and we were done messing with it. It's sitting on a shelf in the shop and I might fix it up again someday. I thought enough of it to not pitch.

:-)

Same thing here. Put it away for a couple years, just brought it back out 3-4 years ago.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:53 PM 09-03-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What kind of grass? If it's Bermuda you need to donut.
Mostly perennial rye and tall fescue.

Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I bought a dethatcher and aerator since I installed the mulching kit on the mower. That shit built up bad.
One of the yards is pretty spongy and based on the thatch layer I think it needs it. The rest I don't think really need it. I don't want to take all the thatch out.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:13 PM 09-03-2017
Been a strange summer. All tomato plants got blight, hardly any leaves, sick ass looking plants. Made Salsa twice though.

Bell peppers and Jalepenos have been awesome.

Fig trees are amazing. We will have at least a couple hundred juicy figs.

Lettuce and kale made us grow tired of them.

How about yours? Did you let it go to weeds once it warmed up?:-)
I've been what seems like epic busy in the big, revenue generating garden.

We did put up corn last weekend. About 1/3 as much as last year, which was good. We got a little big for our britches last year and didn't get all of last years eaten.

I finally got the hideous assed flowerbeds in front of the house fixed......ish.

When we bought the house in Nov 14 it had these flowerbeds with these goddamned evergreen shitbushes. Dug all that shit out and put rocks in.

Initially, there were 3 trees out front. Each planted in a raised bed. Well, some fucknut that lived here before cut one of the trees down. They went ahead and left the bed. OK whatever. So then they thought, WOW that was a good place for a tree. Let's plant one. So they moved over 5 feet and planted one. Not in a raised bed. Just fucking there. :-)

So we dug all the shit out of the old bed and moved it around the new one. We took a chance and put some dirt in there. There was a pretty good chance it would suffocate the trunk and it would die. Dug all the compost and bullshit out of there beds and put some different rocks in.

Well shit. I thought I had some pictures. I'll try to grab one in the light. It's not great, but the wife and I are strictly interested in minimal maintenance.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:18 AM 09-19-2017
Got the piers set over the weekend and they came and sat the house down yesterday. Happily, there was no damage (none that I've found, anyway) during the 16 mile move and placement. I'm pretty happy with the project at this point, though it's been a lot of work. I have no idea how far along it would be if I was still working full-time.

Having to clear about a quarter acre more back behind so they can get power to the house, but it's one step closer than it was to being home. Beyond adding an 8x12' dropped deck on the front, I'm still mulling the landscaping plan. I'm planning to toss out some rye in the next month to get some cover for the winter, at least.
Attached: IMG_2227.jpg (175.7 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:34 AM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Got the piers set over the weekend and they came and sat the house down yesterday. Happily, there was no damage (none that I've found, anyway) during the 16 mile move and placement. I'm pretty happy with the project at this point, though it's been a lot of work. I have no idea how far along it would be if I was still working full-time.

Having to clear about a quarter acre more back behind so they can get power to the house, but it's one step closer than it was to being home. Beyond adding an 8x12' dropped deck on the front, I'm still mulling the landscaping plan. I'm planning to toss out some rye in the next month to get some cover for the winter, at least.
Nice. REALLY nice...
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:34 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Nice. REALLY nice...
Thanks! Nothing quite like designing a house on notebook paper while sitting in a bar. LOL It's not huge, but it's bigger than a tiny house.

There is a 10x10 bathroom and a 10x10 utility room on the other side of the wall behind the stove.
Attached: IMG_2115.jpg (98.4 KB) IMG_2113.jpg (94.0 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:33 PM 09-19-2017
Thanks! Nothing quite like designing a house on notebook paper while sitting in a bar. LOL It's not huge, but it's bigger than a tiny house.

There is a 10x10 bathroom and a 10x10 utility room on the other side of the wall behind the stove.
Less to clean. Once the kids are gone, well you know..
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:40 AM 10-13-2017
Worked this week and last to extend the 5' porch out another 8'. Finished up the skirting this morning and pleased with the results. Will stain to match the house in the Spring. Next up is a planter across the width for lemongrass, etc.
Attached: image1.JPG (167.8 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 09:32 PM 12-05-2017
Took these yesterday. December 4th. Roses loving the 70 degree days.

[Reply]
HemiEd 01:39 AM 12-06-2017
Very pretty! I am sure you are enjoying that weather!

We have been having nice weather as well, but not that nice.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:53 AM 12-06-2017
Very pretty! I am sure you are enjoying that weather!

We have been having nice weather as well, but not that nice.
Ask Lewdog what his roses look like in August when it's 110+ in western Phoenix.

Nice roses Lewdog
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:56 AM 12-06-2017
Worked this week and last to extend the 5' porch out another 8'. Finished up the skirting this morning and pleased with the results. Will stain to match the house in the Spring. Next up is a planter across the width for lemongrass, etc.
Bob, I hate to tell you this but your house is sitting on it's side...Project looks nice.

FIFU

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:20 AM 03-25-2018
Two more raised beds and our home garden is done (four 3’x10’x1’ beds). Garlic, tomatoes, basil, peas, green onions, carrots, watermelon, and strawberries, here we come!

[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:27 AM 03-25-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Two more raised beds and our home garden is done (four 3’x10’x1’ beds). Garlic, tomatoes, basil, peas, green onions, carrots, watermelon, and strawberries, here we come!

Those look AWESOME!!! What's the drainage strategy?
[Reply]
Page 22 of 57
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up