ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 57
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:46 PM 05-28-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Not sure how much sun that spot gets given the fence and the house next door? I like doing something with corner spaces like that though.

It faces south & gets a lot of afternoon sun. I have an apple tree about 10 feet from it & might start providing some shade in the afternoon in a few years.

It really is a blank canvas & I know you guys generally have some great ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:48 PM 05-28-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
Cactus garden. With a fountain. And cool lighting.

That's a blank palate for a cool space.

I hadn't thought of a cactus garden. I thought about a fountain but I'd have to hire someone to run the waterline out to it. The lighting has bumfuzzled me. Could I do solar lighting?

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:49 PM 05-28-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
It faces south & gets a lot of afternoon sun. I have an apple tree about 10 feet from it & might start providing some shade in the afternoon in a few years.

I already told you to put a commode there so you have someplace outside to take a shit. Get er done!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:49 PM 05-28-2017
Honestly I was thinking something similar with succulents or easy to grow summer flowers that aren't picky. Could make a three tier style if he wanted to put a bit more work and dirt in there.

I think it lacks the sun for garden veggies or roses though.

I thought about two tiers with different types a vegetation in each.

[Reply]
eDave 03:59 PM 05-28-2017
I hadn't thought of a cactus garden. I thought about a fountain but I'd have to hire someone to run the waterline out to it. The lighting has bumfuzzled me. Could I do solar lighting?

I'd do some LED lighting. Something that changes color. There's a lot of LED lighting out there that will do that. Program it, control it from a remote.

I love lighting. You can even put lighting in the fountain water. Another thought is a fire pits. Gas with rocks. Cool look. And you can program them to music.

Install a hot tub, drop a bit of dry ice in the fountain, and you've got yourself a grotto.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 04:00 PM 05-28-2017

You could go with some native flowers to mid-mo that do well with facing south. I would suggest cone flowers nearer the fence and spider wort near the front.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:39 PM 05-28-2017
Made the little kid's day who lives across the street. The sons (and the older son's friend who is town for the older son's 21st birthday) moved the swing set they grew up using to its next home. Before and after shots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:55 PM 05-28-2017
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
I timed it perfect...problem now is garden is so waterlogged....You will love this...I planted 10 plus acres of Native Grass on April 13. Ive had over 16 inches of rain on it. So you can imagine our clay soils water holding ability with all that gong on.
:-) That's my average annual precip!

Glad it is working out.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:53 PM 05-29-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'd do some LED lighting. Something that changes color. There's a lot of LED lighting out there that will do that. Program it, control it from a remote.

I love lighting. You can even put lighting in the fountain water. Another thought is a fire pits. Gas with rocks. Cool look. And you can program them to music.

Install a hot tub, drop a bit of dry ice in the fountain, and you've got yourself a grotto.

Working on it again today if weather cooperates.

I'll post a photo after I work on it.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:58 PM 05-29-2017
Here's photos.

Before:

After:

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:00 PM 05-29-2017
Before:

After:

[Reply]
Buehler445 05:55 PM 05-29-2017
Nice. You've done work.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:57 PM 05-29-2017
Before:

After:

That is all legit! Looks great.

How did you do the patio space to look like pavers...painted on?

The stones under the stairs looks great. I might consider doing something like that down here. Great work.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:05 PM 05-29-2017
That is all legit! Looks great.

How did you do the patio space to look like pavers...painted on?

The stones under the stairs looks great. I might consider doing something like that down here. Great work.

Thanks!

Brick mold & used concrete stain. It turned out better than I expected.

The stones were a bigger project but it turned out pretty cool.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:05 PM 05-29-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Nice. You've done work.

Thanks!

[Reply]
Page 16 of 57
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up