ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 151
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:23 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Psycho-T the most over rated player ever? His entire game was based on throwing his body into defenders and getting foul calls, the vast majority of which were non-existent or should have been offensive fouls.
I guess you'd have to put Cole Aldrich at #3, huh. :-)

Guys like Hansbrough and Trae Young came to mind when clicking on that link, wondering if the hype would override the reality.

It's also an impossible list, between different eras and trying to determine individual talent and throwing in team accomplishments... if you put Dwayne Wade in a Kansas jersey or Frank Mason in a Texas jersey, etc.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:15 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ahahah that scrub is still occupying my dome apparently. Marcus Garrett, obviously. He's going to average 6.5 apg+ a game, too.

I remember when people tried to say Devonte wasn't a PG. They tried to say Garrett wasn't a PG. He's absolutely a PG. They both are some of the better passers KU has seen since Aaron Miles.
Garrett is an awesome passer. But he isn’t great going to the rim and if you force him to go left he avoids finishing with his left hand instead trying a right handed floater.

He isn’t particularly great at single handly beating a press.

I would think he would have a better future spending all his time practicing 3s and playing the 2 spot.

Hope he proves me wrong. He’s still one of my favorite KU players.
[Reply]
banyon 11:41 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Garrett is an awesome passer. But he isn’t great going to the rim and if you force him to go left he avoids finishing with his left hand instead trying a right handed floater.

He isn’t particularly great at single handly beating a press.

I would think he would have a better future spending all his time practicing 3s and playing the 2 spot.

Hope he proves me wrong. He’s still one of my favorite KU players.
Garrett can't shoot. That's my issue with him. He's forged himself into an elite defender and good passer, but defenses are going to sag on us like when we had Tyshawn Taylor at the point.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:50 AM 04-16-2020
The entire list is a joke but especially Zion. The only one-and-done players that should be on there for me are guys who basically carried their teams to titles in their one year (Anthony Davis and Carmelo Anthony come to mind).

Mario Chalmers not being on the list is laughable and really Cole Aldrich as well (both were better players than Frank Mason under Self for a longer period of time and won NCAA titles; Mason took a major step up in his final season though).
[Reply]
banyon 11:58 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The entire list is a joke but especially Zion. The only one-and-done players that should be on there for me are guys who basically carried their teams to titles in their one year (Anthony Davis and Carmelo Anthony come to mind).

Mario Chalmers not being on the list is laughable and really Cole Aldrich as well (both were better players than Frank Mason under Self for a longer period of time and won NCAA titles; Mason took a major step up in his final season though).
I had the same thought on Chalmers v Frank.

I loved Frank he had so much heart, but Chalmers had the more epic career.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:11 PM 05-11-2020
Who wants a 2020 National Champions hat?

[Reply]
Pants 02:43 PM 05-11-2020
Landed a 2021 4* PF today.

https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Clemence-46076617/
[Reply]
Ceej 09:54 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Landed a 2021 4* PF today.

https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Clemence-46076617/
This kid feels nothing like the prototypical Self recruit.

An almost 7' kid who can shoot from the perimeter.

I'm kinda excited.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:10 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Ceej:
This kid feels nothing like the prototypical Self recruit.

An almost 7' kid who can shoot from the perimeter.

I'm kinda excited.
He needs to get in the weight room, though.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:12 AM 05-12-2020
My orthodontist told me this morning that they said they lowered ticket prices. But they didn't lower the good seats. They just added some tiers to the lower-priced seats. Talking season tix. Anyone else know anything about that?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:54 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
My orthodontist told me this morning that they said they lowered ticket prices. But they didn't lower the good seats. They just added some tiers to the lower-priced seats. Talking season tix. Anyone else know anything about that?
Saw that. They've got $500 season tickets up in the corners if I'm remembering correctly. Considered it. Might still do it.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:10 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yes. We will be on probation and also because of the Rona. Probably a smart play by KU.
[Reply]
Sorce 05:38 PM 06-18-2020
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-attorney-says

Don't work with the NCAA they won't be lenient.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:01 PM 06-18-2020
Does anyone really think much will come of that? If anything it seems like KU and Self would quietly part ways.

Watching that thing on ESPN+ with Jeff Long seems like hes a badass who gets things done and is widely respected throughout the NCAA I'm sure he could get something worked out.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:02 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Does anyone really think much will come of that? If anything it seems like KU and Self would quietly part ways.

Watching that thing on ESPN+ with Jeff Long seems like hes a badass who gets things done and is widely respected throughout the NCAA I'm sure he could get something worked out.
Idk after watching Long get worked by David Beaty I can’t say I’m feeling too confident.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 151
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151 >
Up