ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 28
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:03 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
With you on that subject. It amazes me that anyone can get worked up enough over politics to actually let it ruin something they enjoy.
When one feels like their own personal beliefs are being mocked and/or attacked it makes it kind of difficult to make a connection with the show.

“Do they even want my viewership or would they be perfectly content if I just went away?”
[Reply]
RockChalk 03:53 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In my case, I really didn't enjoy the first 5 episodes of Season 2 and have no reason to continue watching on that alone.

The last thing I want to watch at night after a long day is a show preaching to me about politics, so blowing off the final three episodes is a no-brainer.
Sure, I totally get it from that point of view. If you weren't really enjoying it to begin with, then why continue.
[Reply]
RockChalk 03:56 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
When one feels like their own personal beliefs are being mocked and/or attacked it makes it kind of difficult to make a connection with the show.

“Do they even want my viewership or would they be perfectly content if I just went away?”
I mean family/friends say things I don't agree with all the time. They're still my family/friends and I still am fine with engaging them on those topics. I guess I just don't take politics serious enough to let it drive me away from something.

Now, like Dane said, he wasn't enjoying the season enough to ignore the politics of it, which I can understand.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:39 PM 10-07-2020
I mean family/friends say things I don't agree with all the time. They're still my family/friends and I still am fine with engaging them on those topics. I guess I just don't take politics serious enough to let it drive me away from something.

Now, like Dane said, he wasn't enjoying the season enough to ignore the politics of it, which I can understand.
There is a huge difference between friends and family and entertainment.

There is also a huge difference between engaging individuals in any topic and doing so with a tv or movie screen.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:53 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:

As long as you pay your Amazon Prime dues, they probably don't care...

It is a shame that they are bringing politics into it; I just try to ignore that and be distracted from all of the fun that is everyday life.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:58 PM 10-07-2020
Sure, I totally get it from that point of view. If you weren't really enjoying it to begin with, then why continue.
More often than not, I watch streamers and binge programs that I may have missed in the past decade (due to kids) for research. That research generally involves the score but I also need to have a frame of reference for music in a specific scenes in order to match briefs that I receive on a weekly basis.

In this case, I just didn't feel like the score was important enough to continue watching a program that had completely lost my interest after 3 episodes, although I continued through episode 5. Hearing the political slant just gave me the third reason to discontinue watching, although if the show is renewed for Season 3 and has glowing ratings, I'll probably jump back in at some point.

But as of today, I feel the showrunner completely missed the mark with Season 2. Not only were the first 5 episodes dull and boring, IMO, they didn't really push the narrative forward. And his decision to release each episode weekly as opposed to dropping all eight episodes on Day One, was a serious miscalculation, especially during a pandemic.

I'm probably different than most people when it comes to their entertainment choices but when a showrunner insults the audience, I'm generally out and have no impetus to continue supporting him or her (or they or them or whomever).
[Reply]
staylor26 05:51 PM 10-07-2020
The political stuff doesn’t ruin the show for me, but I did feel like it too heavy in the last episode which was otherwise the best of the season.

I still enjoy the show either way.
[Reply]
RockChalk 06:05 PM 10-07-2020
More often than not, I watch streamers and binge programs that I may have missed in the past decade (due to kids) for research. That research generally involves the score but I also need to have a frame of reference for music in a specific scenes in order to match briefs that I receive on a weekly basis.

In this case, I just didn't feel like the score was important enough to continue watching a program that had completely lost my interest after 3 episodes, although I continued through episode 5. Hearing the political slant just gave me the third reason to discontinue watching, although if the show is renewed for Season 3 and has glowing ratings, I'll probably jump back in at some point.

But as of today, I feel the showrunner completely missed the mark with Season 2. Not only were the first 5 episodes dull and boring, IMO, they didn't really push the narrative forward. And his decision to release each episode weekly as opposed to dropping all eight episodes on Day One, was a serious miscalculation, especially during a pandemic.

I'm probably different than most people when it comes to their entertainment choices but when a showrunner insults the audience, I'm generally out and have no impetus to continue supporting him or her (or they or them or whomever).
I do hope the reconsider the "one episode drop" for Season 3. I think part of what we all pay for with streaming services is the benefit of being able to watch them all at once, should we want to.

Admittedly, I started The Boys late and didn't start the series until a few weeks ago. So I flew through S1 and the first 5 episodes of S2 before being ground to a halt. As I said before, I enjoy it enough to not let the politics bother me, but if I was on the fringe, I'd probably bail on it.
[Reply]
RockChalk 06:06 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The political stuff doesn’t ruin the show for me, but I did feel like it too heavy in the last episode which was otherwise the best of the season.

I still enjoy the show either way.
Agree. Episode 7 was a bit over the top. Not enough to bother me, but they went a little too heavy. Especially considering that on actual tv and other media, we are now being bombarded with politics non stop.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:35 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
She is a reason all by herself to watch the show.

Also, I refuse to allow political BS to ruin the rest of the show which has gotten better as the season wears on.
Or watch her in You're the Worst, which was hilarious and not a left vs right thing.

[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 02:05 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Or watch her in You're the Worst, which was hilarious and not a left vs right thing.

I've been wanting to see it. I'll probably buy the first season sometime this weekend and binge watch it after all the football games are over.

Aya is drop dead gorgeous I think, and she's charismatic as all ****. It's not very often you get both of those traits in one person. I would marry her, along with Karen Fukuhara. It's a shame they have to be enemies in The Boys.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 04:19 AM 10-08-2020

I disagree entirely. Dumbshit politics put aside, this season has been far more intellectual and challenging than the first season. I'm too lazy right now to go into major specifics but take a gander at this discussion I started on The Boys subreddit if you have time:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheBoys/com...ront_will_die/

And that mostly involves the dynamic between two characters; Stan Edgar and Stormfront. And there is a whole hell of a lot more story arcs going on than just that. You have the Butcher family stuff, Maeve and her girlfriend stuff, the Church of the Collective stuff, Homelander mentally deteriorating, etc. This season has been so much more broad and challenging than the 1st. I'm personally loving it. I do wish they would tone down the political bullshit, though. It detracts from the otherwise fantastic storytelling.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:57 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
I disagree entirely.
All good, Dude. I’ll check out the thread when time permits.

:-)
[Reply]
lcarus 09:04 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Aya is drop dead gorgeous I think, and she's charismatic as all ****.
I wouldn't kick her out of bed or anything but drop dead gorgeous? Not anywhere close to that in my eyes.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:25 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I wouldn't kick her out of bed or anything but drop dead gorgeous? Not anywhere close to that in my eyes.
I had to look her up to see who she was. Butterface. Body is not horrible. As always, though, what one guy sees as attractive another may not see it at all. I love that system; there's something for everyone.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 28
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up