ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 28
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:40 PM 09-13-2020

#TheBoys’ Homelander Is The New Face Of Got Milk? In Spot-On Fan Arthttps://t.co/TkEXzd37Mn pic.twitter.com/GbiEcFYv4h

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) September 14, 2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:35 PM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

[Reply]
Otter 09-15-2020, 06:40 PM
This message has been deleted by Otter. Reason: Thought this started next week
vailpass 06:49 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So according to the showrunner, it was the show's producers that decided against dropping all episodes at once, not Amazon, yet the guy wonders why people are giving it 1 star on the various rating sites.

:-)

It's really difficult to underestimate the stupidity of such a move, especially when millions upon millions of people are still stuck at home.
I read that interview with Kripke. I thought it was a smart move by Amazon to spread the series out. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I was thinking of the normal world. As you point out here, this is a COVID world and now is not the time to play those games.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 01:45 AM 09-18-2020
This show just keeps getting better.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:57 AM 09-18-2020
That end montage was pretty great.

Homelander is so fucking stupid.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:05 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That end montage was pretty great.

Homelander is so fucking stupid.
Yeah this season has taken him in a different direction.

He went from calculating sociopath in S1 to just something of an overpowered doofus with an arrested adolescence.

I've never read the comics or anything so I'm not sure if this was inevitable based on the source material, but it does make him something of a lesser villain.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:27 PM 09-18-2020
Don't know which I liked better

The diversity representation supe movie franchise industry
or
The church ad satirizing the Gillette commercial campaign.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:18 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
And then there is the Venn Diagram girl who does both:

[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:16 AM 09-20-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Don't know which I liked better

The diversity representation supe movie franchise industry
or
The church ad satirizing the Gillette commercial campaign.
The bit about Maeve's girlfriend having to dress like a dude because society wants representation as long as one of the girls represented clear cut gender roles had me in tears
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:17 PM 09-23-2020
Well, I backtracked and decided to watch the first five episodes of this season.

I never read the comics nor did I know anything about the story arc but I have to say, I've found this season to be fairly boring and unnecessary. Maybe the final three episodes will change the overall direction but I'm not counting on it. I actually liked Season 2 of "The Umbrella Academy" way better than Season 2 of "The Boys", at least so far.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:26 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, I backtracked and decided to watch the first five episodes of this season.

I never read the comics nor did I know anything about the story arc but I have to say, I've found this season to be fairly boring and unnecessary. Maybe the final three episodes will change the overall direction but I'm not counting on it. I actually liked Season 2 of "The Umbrella Academy" way better than Season 2 of "The Boys", at least so far.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

If you view the supe exposure as more of a catalyst to the story going forward than a finish line, I think you're closer to where they're trying to take the story.

But like you, I haven't read the source material.

I think ultimately it's a "It's not the destination, but the journey" sort of thing. There's been plenty of pure entertainment value in the episodes thus far even if there hasn't been an overwhelming amount of plot advancement.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:30 PM 09-23-2020
Yeah, I wasn't all that into the first episode of the season, but for me it's been more entertaining with each ensuing episode.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:52 PM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think ultimately it's a "It's not the destination, but the journey" sort of thing. There's been plenty of pure entertainment value in the episodes thus far even if there hasn't been an overwhelming amount of plot advancement.
I think the comparison for me is Better Call Saul. Those of us that watched every episode of Breaking Bad knew Saul Goodman but the beauty of BCS is that we get to see how Jimmy became Saul Goodman. And while it often moves at a snail's pace and becomes tedious at times (as did the brilliant Mad Men), there's great interest in seeing that final transformation into the guy we all knew (and some of us loved), which is the great motivator to continue watching.

With The Boys, and to the same extent for me, The Umbrella Academy, I often find myself asking the question "Why am I watching this show?".

There's no doubt there have been some fantastic moments for each series but it just feels like I'm watching just to see what happens, not so much because of anticipation set up by the story arc or because I am just so engaged by the acting, direction and/or score. Nope, the main reason I continue to watch is because I've invested X amount of hours to see where it goes, mostly because other people think it's "good".

I guess in short, it's kind of a weird reason to be watching a program in which I don't really care about the characters much, especially when their initial motivations have been resolved.

I'm sure I'll watch the final three episodes but just like TUA, I have no real excitement or anticipation about additional seasons.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:10 PM 09-24-2020
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the...ticle-comments

‘The Boys’ Spinoff in Development at Amazon Following Massive Season 2 Launch

"The Boys” could soon be getting a spinoff. Variety has learned that Amazon is fast-tracking development on a new iteration of the popular comic book series adaptation.

The news comes just under three weeks after the premiere of Season 2 of the series, which is based on The New York Times best-selling comic of the same name by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson. The second season is airing weekly, while the first dropped all at once, with the finale set to air Oct. 9. According to Amazon, the second season had the most-watched global launch of an Amazon original series ever, with the episodes to date having grown the audience from Season 1 by 89%. It was renewed for a third season ahead of the Season 2 premiere while also adding an aftershow hosted by Aisha Tyler.

The spinoff is set at America’s only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (or “supes”) that is run by Vought International. It is described as an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities. Part college show, part Hunger Games — with all the heart, satire and raunch of “The Boys.”

Craig Rosenberg is writing the pilot and will serve as showrunner and executive producer under his overall deal with Sony Pictures Television, with Rosenberg currently serving as writer and executive producer on the original series. “The Boys” creator Eric Kripke will also executive produce along with “The Boys” executive producer Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and James Weaver of Point Grey Pictures. Original Film’s Neal H. Moritz and Pavun Shetty, who also executive produce “The Boys,” are also executive producers on the spinoff. Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television will produce.

The second season sees the titular vigilantes on the run and hunted by the supes. Hughie (Jack Quaid), Mother’s Milk (Laz Alonso), Frenchie (Tomer Capon) and Kimiko (Karen Fukuhara) are in hiding after the explosive events of the first season finale, while Butcher (Karl Urban) is off on his own for a bit. Meanwhile, Homelander (Antony Starr) is trying to expand his power in a few new ways and Starlight (Erin Moriarty) is trying to navigate her own place in the Seven as the group shifts. Stormfront (Aya Cash), a social-media savvy new supe, comes in with an agenda of her own, while a larger threat looms, leaving Vought seeking to capitalize on the nation’s paranoia
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:41 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
And then there is the Venn Diagram girl who does both:

[Reply]
Page 10 of 28
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up