ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 37
« First < 243031323334 353637 >
Media Center>Fear the Walking Dead (TWD companion series)
Fire Me Boy! 02:51 PM 03-27-2015

IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) March 27, 2015

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:56 AM 09-08-2016
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
Yep, this show is drek. Not in any way redeemable and a total disappointment. Hard to believe the writing is so horrendous. How do you **** up so badly with such an easy formula?!?
They wanted to make it different than TWD.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 11:00 AM 09-08-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
They wanted to make it different than TWD.
And fucked up in the process. Someone was wearing their bad idea jeans that day.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:26 PM 09-08-2016
Yep, this show is drek. Not in any way redeemable and a total disappointment. Hard to believe the writing is so horrendous. How do you fuck up so badly with such an easy formula?!?
I look at it like this, not to give Kirkman too much credit, but he slaved over the graphic novel for years. Then AMC gave him a buttload of money to make 'something like that' on a network schedule.

Kind of like seeing Van Gogh's Starry Night and telling him 'I like that, make me one, only with Mexican overtones.' He might try, but it will be a derivative, half-assed effort compared to the original work of passion.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:30 PM 09-08-2016
Yep, this show is drek. Not in any way redeemable and a total disappointment. Hard to believe the writing is so horrendous. How do you **** up so badly with such an easy formula?!?
They are trying to tell a different story and failing to do so on every level. There are hints of a decent show but on small glimmers and moments. Other than that it's just a bunch of brooding B.S. with zombies, like season 2 of TWD only in Mexico.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:43 PM 09-08-2016
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
They are trying to tell a different story and failing to do so on every level. There are hints of a decent show but on small glimmers and moments. Other than that it's just a bunch of brooding B.S. with zombies, like season 2 of TWD only in Mexico.
Alicia is attractive, though. That's worth a half-watch. Not that they even give her much to do.
[Reply]
frankotank 12:06 PM 09-12-2016
Johnny Derp. :-)

so I was out of town and played catchup.
watched last weeks episode last night.
so psycho boys dad sees the station wagon and says something like....lets go check on a ride.
he then smashes the drivers side rear seat window with a piece or re-bar and then IMMEDIATELY opens the rear door. :-) :-)

so....umm....the door was unlocked FOOL. hahahaha

this thing is getting on my nerves.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:18 PM 09-12-2016
I can't believe anyone is actually still watching this show.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:53 PM 09-15-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
Johnny Derp. :-)

so I was out of town and played catchup.
watched last weeks episode last night.
so psycho boys dad sees the station wagon and says something like....lets go check on a ride.
he then smashes the drivers side rear seat window with a piece or re-bar and then IMMEDIATELY opens the rear door. :-) :-)

so....umm....the door was unlocked FOOL. hahahaha

this thing is getting on my nerves.
I thought he reached in and unlocked it...maybe I just assumed he did. Heh...
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:04 AM 09-30-2016
This show sucks.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:00 AM 09-30-2016
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
This show sucks.
The ony two characters I like (white mom and Black scammer/boat owner) they've minimized the last few eps to focus on characters I absolutely can't stand (spoiled daughter and idiot mainliner.)

Hell, my favorite was latino Grandfather/Despot and they wasted him WAY too early. That character had depth and gravitas. He should still be there.

At this point I just don't care about the characters...
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:08 AM 09-30-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
The ony two characters I like (white mom and Black scammer/boat owner) they've minimized the last few eps to focus on characters I absolutely can't stand (spoiled daughter and idiot mainliner.)

Hell, my favorite was latino Grandfather/Despot and they wasted him WAY too early. That character had depth and gravitas. He should still be there.

At this point I just don't care about the characters...
I enjoy the character names.

Johnny Derp
White mom
Black guy
Emo son
Spoiled daughter
Hispanic grandpa
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:29 AM 10-01-2016
This show was doomed from the start by a main character that isn't likeable or has any redeeming qualities. Nick could get killed anytime and it seems the show could go on and probably get better as a result. Also, the extremely weak father character...this guy...its like you watch each week hoping he finally grows a pair but it never happens. There's potential with him...he's a good actor....if he took some sort of Rick Grimes turn and had a chain of events mold him into a badass...it'd save the show....but I think the window for that to happen has arguably closed.
[Reply]
SAGA45 04:10 AM 10-03-2016
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Also, the extremely weak father character...this guy...its like you watch each week hoping he finally grows a pair but it never happens. There's potential with him...he's a good actor....if he took some sort of Rick Grimes turn and had a chain of events mold him into a badass...it'd save the show....but I think the window for that to happen has arguably closed.
Well....looks like he had a Rick Grimes event last night. Lol I honestly was glad to learn his son Chris got killed. It should've been a more impactful and shocking moment but...they made that character too annoying and unlikeable...plus the actor was bad.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:02 AM 10-03-2016
Have not watched this show, nor have I read the thread. Tell me straight - is this show worth a shit and worth getting into at this point, or are those of you watching only because you've been there from the beginning?
[Reply]
NewChief 10:15 AM 10-03-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Have not watched this show, nor have I read the thread. Tell me straight - is this show worth a shit and worth getting into at this point, or are those of you watching only because you've been there from the beginning?
It sucks. I didn't even bother beyond like 4 episodes.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 37
« First < 243031323334 353637 >
Up