ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 22
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryville teen allegedly raped by football player
hometeam 07:58 AM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by themanwithnoname:
While I get your sentiment, I think its time we stop relying on stuff like that, and as a society start openly doing something about things like this.
So do it.

The reason anonymous had to step in is because that plan failed.
[Reply]
themanwithnoname 08:15 AM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by hometeam:
So do it.

The reason anonymous had to step in is because that plan failed.
What plan?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:18 AM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by themanwithnoname:
What plan?
The one where the police do an investigation of an alleged rape and the criminal justice system puts the rapists in prison for a long time.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:37 AM 10-19-2013
Pretty sure this is gonna blow up nationally.
Attached: uploadfromtaptalk1382168235700.jpg (71.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:45 AM 10-19-2013
There's well over a 1000 comments just on 1 websites repost and it's getting retweeted pretty heavily!
Attached: uploadfromtaptalk1382168622079.jpg (35.7 KB) uploadfromtaptalk1382168650662.jpg (37.3 KB) uploadfromtaptalk1382168682457.jpg (37.5 KB) uploadfromtaptalk1382168711916.jpg (62.0 KB) 
[Reply]
TravelingChiefs 06:52 AM 10-19-2013
I've got a buddy that helped open the prison there. He got into it with a few of the cops there then went and talk to the chief about it. After that he would get pulled over 2-3 times a day on his 3 mile drive to work. He said they are all corrupt n a bunch of scumbags.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:27 AM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by TravelingChiefs:
I've got a buddy that helped open the prison there. He got into it with a few of the cops there then went and talk to the chief about it. After that he would get pulled over 2-3 times a day on his 3 mile drive to work. He said they are all corrupt n a bunch of scumbags.
Say hello to 95% of American police forces.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:58 PM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by TravelingChiefs:

Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Say hello to 95% of American police forces.

I just heard a radio feature last night in fact about a town in CA that decided to experiment and record all their officers interactions with the public. This included video and audio from the cruiser as well as directly on the officer - if riding with a partner only 1 officer wore the recording device.

I can't remember the time period they compared the results, but in the first month of them self recording:

Police complaints dropped from 24 on average to 3. ( -80% )

Incidents where use of force occurred went from an average of 60 to 17. ( -71.7% )
- even more interesting is the fact that the officer that was wearing the self recording equipment in over 2/3 of these incidents wasn't the one that would engage in the use of force- his partner would.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:00 PM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
I just heard a radio feature last night in fact about a town in CA that decided to experiment and record all their officers interactions with the public. This included video and audio from the cruiser as well as directly on the officer - if riding with a partner only 1 officer wore the recording device.

I can't remember the time period they compared the results, but in the first month of them self recording:

Incidents where use of force occurred went from an average of 60 to 17. ( -71.7% )
- even more interesting is the fact that the officer that was wearing the self recording equipment in over 2/3 of these incidents wasn't the one that would engage in the use of force- his partner would.
I'd be interested to see if there was any change in crime rate during this period. I have no idea but would be interested...
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 03:35 PM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I'd be interested to see if there was any change in crime rate during this period. I have no idea but would be interested...
I'll preface my comments as saying it's definitely not an easy job and there are plenty of quality, committed guys in the field just doing their job. But, over cite can help remedy some issues and in the long run be a benefit. Less negative incidents can improve community and public opinion and make their jobs easier if the general attitude is not one of hostility or combative with a local police department.

I find things absurd like a potential cadet being denied entrance to the police academy because he scored too highly on the test that they argued because he tested too high in estimated intelligence. I'm not even kidding- they reasoned that individuals with above average intelligence would make bad candidates because they were worried that their higher intelligence would mean they would become bored with their work and more likely to quit to pursue other job opportunities. On appeal, the courts upheld this hiring and selection process because it didn't discriminate against any protected class, and was a "neutral" factor for admissions into the academy.

Apparently, the data shows that officers as a profession have an average to slightly lower level of intelligence with a score of around 100 - 107.
It baffles me that you would want to "weed out" brighter people, as if they would not possibly be an asset in higher levels of administration and a police organization???

Totally shocked me to find out about this hiring practice, and I think it's absurd.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:32 AM 10-21-2013
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:

Rialto, CA, I think. What radio program?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:27 PM 10-21-2013
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Rialto, CA, I think. What radio program?
Hey Cave,

Sent you a PM but thought I'd save you time and tracked it down.
The Podcast is from The Best of the Left 10/18/13 at the 19:40 mark.

Also talks about the big blowup in Cleveland about a speeder ended up being pursued by 74 out of the 167 on duty at the time. They alleged he had a gun - but he didn't have any weapons. The fleeing driver and his female passenger were shot 137 times for trying to evade police. The only crime was refusal to stop, and the chase went on about a little longer than 20 minutes.

Neither the man or the woman in the car could be identified by facial confirmation because they were shot so much that the damage to their bodies and head were so extensive that their skulls were mush.
64 officers reprimanded administratively, but no one charged with any criminal activity- but I don't know the specific details to assert if it's appropriate or what parties that would apply.

On a positive note there's a short story about a veteran officer that has worked traffic and patrol, in the LA county, for quite a number of years, over 20+ years, and has never had ONE complaint. At about the 33:00 minute mark. Seems like an awesome guy!

http://www.bestoftheleftpodcast.com
[Reply]
TravelingChiefs 01:32 PM 10-19-2013
I hate Matt the rapist!
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 01:42 PM 10-19-2013
It's just hard to believe the extent that town went out of its way to protect that douchebag. That entire town should be boycotted.
[Reply]
stonedstooge 04:14 PM 10-19-2013
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
It's just hard to believe the extent that town went out of its way to protect that douchebag. That entire town should be boycotted.
So punish the entire town for what a few people in key positions did? Both my kids live in Maryville and had nothing to do with the act or supposed cover up. So they need punished?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 22
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up