ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3427 of 3903
« First < 2427292733273377341734233424342534263427 3428342934303431343734773527 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Redbled 10:43 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
A COVID-19 outbreak among bus drivers and transportation staff has forced Bloomington Public Schools to abruptly move elementary students back to distance learning, less than two weeks after schools reopened for in-person instruction.

The district was one of many in Minnesota that began reopening elementary schools this month following a change in state guidelines. Now, it's the first in the metro area to reverse course because of widespread virus activity. The move comes as other large districts, including Minneapolis and St. Paul, are preparing to bring students back to classrooms and fielding significant safety concerns from teachers and their unions.
Be interested to see if they were following protocols at their transportation hubs.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:53 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Interesting way to look at j&j give it more for 30 and under?

@jazayerli: Boom. This was the news I was hoping for. It may not seem as effective as Pfizer or Moderna, but it's 1 shot vs. 2, and hospitalization/death from Covid appears almost completely eliminated.

Now let's get this baby approved and in people's arms. And open up the country by May. https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1355140072379613185

@jazayerli: That is my thinking, that we prioritize the J&J vaccine for lower-risk patients, or frankly, anyone who is scared of vaccines and is unlikely to follow up for a second shot. Keep using the Pfizer/Moderna shot on people over 40 and high-risk folks. Mortality should drop fast. https://twitter.com/Mayday814/status...74650460991490
From a societal perspective, it kind of makes sense. If you are personally at risk of severe illness, get the "good" vaccine. For those of us who are otherwise low risk anyway, the J&J will significantly slow the spread and give SOME immunity.

I'm in. Gimme.
[Reply]
loochy 10:59 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
From a societal perspective, it kind of makes sense. If you are personally at risk of severe illness, get the "good" vaccine. For those of us who are otherwise low risk anyway, the J&J will significantly slow the spread and give SOME immunity.

I'm in. Gimme.
No. Give me the good one. Don't give me some half assed shit.
[Reply]
Coach 11:09 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
No. Give me the good one. Don't give me some half assed shit.
Yeah, same here.

However, I would be interested to see how efficient they are on different strains. I think that'll also be pretty important.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:38 AM 01-30-2021
Came down with something this week that started as unusual fatigue for a few days, followed by extreme tiredness one day, freezing hands that probably had to do with a 100.3 temp, muscle aches in various places, fever going away on its own just to return hours later, etc.

I got the first shot 3 weeks ago, scheduled for the 2nd late next week... so, my theory is maybe it's Covid related, but the first shot is helping with symptoms? :-)

I'm sure it could be a million other things... I have yet to plug symptoms into Google, or else I'd diagnose myself with Guillain-Barre or some other disease I'm only familiar with because I've watched the House series about 5 times all the way through.

And also, acetaminophen is amazing. I'm rarely symptomatic with anything and don't remember the last time I've even felt like I've had to take it. Five stars, highly recommended. :-)
[Reply]
joethomas 11:40 AM 01-30-2021
Good news on J&J. And if you look at Israel who are furthest ahead on vaccinations, it's already making a real impact among the elderly
[Reply]
joethomas 11:41 AM 01-30-2021
I read somewhere that there were some examples of people getting covid after one dose but no severe cases had been found
[Reply]
DaFace 11:42 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
Yeah, same here.

However, I would be interested to see how efficient they are on different strains. I think that'll also be pretty important.
Again, it just depends on the timing. If I have a choice of any of the three, sure, I'd go for Pfizer or Moderna. But if it's gonna be July before I can get those and I can get J&J in March, it's a no brainer to get it done sooner than later.
[Reply]
neech 02:23 PM 01-30-2021
I think J&J is hoping to get approved with the intention of targeting Central/South America counties. Millions of people vaccinated with with just one shot, many of them might not return for the second shot of Moderna or Pfizer so that makes sense.

Billions of people in the world to vaccinate.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:15 PM 01-30-2021
Democrat rep has covid even after receiving both doses of Pfizer vax

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
[Reply]
njchiefs 05:09 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Democrat rep has covid even after receiving both doses of Pfizer vax

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
And he remains “asymptomatic”. The vaccine doesn’t necessarily prevent one from contracting the virus. But it does nearly eliminate the likelihood of contracting severe disease, probably by very significantly reducing the viral load. By the same reasoning it probably will not eliminate the possibility of those vaccinated from spreading the disease, but will very significantly reduce this possibility. 95% effective. 95%. That’s 5% less than 100%.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:39 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m supposed to go to Scotland in July for a golf trip. Anyone think that’s happening ?
Originally Posted by IrishChief:
Im travelling to America in November. Couple of questions if anyone can help.
1. I will need a PCR test before flying home, how much generally are they and are they widely available?
2. I will be flying internally to a few states, will i need a PCR test for each internal flight?
You guys should switch tickets. Problem solved.
[Reply]
O.city 07:56 AM 02-01-2021
So hospitalizations and cases here are still plummeting which is great. But why? Is it just a saturation thing? Have enough people got it and died or recovered where hitting some kind of immunity?
[Reply]
TLO 08:17 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
So hospitalizations and cases here are still plummeting which is great. But why? Is it just a saturation thing? Have enough people got it and died or recovered where hitting some kind of immunity?
I've been asking myself the same questions. We've had consistently low case counts and hospitalizations in the mid twenties for a while now. I'm also curious if the vaccine is playing any role?
[Reply]
O.city 08:18 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I've been asking myself the same questions. We've had consistently low case counts and hospitalizations in the mid twenties for a while now. I'm also curious if the vaccine is playing any role?
I dunno. I can't imagine they've had enough out there to make a difference yet?

MO has only got about 5% of it's total population vaccinated. But I guess, you add the amount who have actually gotten covid maybe to that and were close to something?
[Reply]
Page 3427 of 3903
« First < 2427292733273377341734233424342534263427 3428342934303431343734773527 > Last »
Up