Page 53 of 58
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread*****
Dante84 11:45 AM 04-25-2020
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:52 PM 01-17-2024
I'd use the tag on Sneed before I let him walk.

I'm sure Veach has already floated an offer or two - I think you aim for something like 3 years / $65m with most of it guaranteed. Pay a little more for the shorter terms. If they want to risk the injury next year, slap the tag.

Losing Jones is going to sting, but all you can do at this point is probably make a strong offer and see how bad he wants to leave the organization.
[Reply]
O.city 03:53 PM 01-17-2024
They offered Chris 27.5, he wants 30.

Go get it if you want. It won't be here.

Same with Sneed. If he wants to be 22 per....it ain't happening here.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:55 PM 01-17-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:

You're right on Chris. You might be right on Sneed.

But they'll have the tag leverage to use there and so, maybe he does take 20.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:56 PM 01-17-2024
You know Veach loves Sneed. Drafted him and he is still young. Then Andy comes out and says he's been the best corner in football. He and McDuffie together allows Spags to do all kinds of crazy shit.

He isn't wearing another uniform in 2024.
[Reply]
O.city 03:58 PM 01-17-2024
They'll tag him, but you're probably into the "won't show up til he has to" stuff.

They're not dumb. If there was a deal to be done, it probably woulda been done last offseason.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:59 PM 01-17-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
You know Veach loves Sneed. Drafted him and he is still young. Then Andy comes out and says he's been the best corner in football. He and McDuffie together allows Spags to do all kinds of crazy shit.

He isn't wearing another uniform in 2024.
I don't think so either, unless his demands are out there somewhere off the wall. Then it'll be tag time.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:01 PM 01-17-2024
I’d really hate to see him go to Houston or Cincy.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:02 PM 01-17-2024
They'll tag him, but you're probably into the "won't show up til he has to" stuff.

They're not dumb. If there was a deal to be done, it probably woulda been done last offseason.
I would disagree from the POV that I didn’t even think an extension was a good idea until seeing this season play out.

He had the funky knee going on dating back to even last year - and hey, if that thing is a ticking time bomb, we still may not want to extend.

But after his play this year, if the medicals check out, let’s roll. I think the secondary as currently constructed plays into how Spags likes to run his scheme. Still need to build along the DL, but I think you can do that still while keeping LJ.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:05 PM 01-17-2024

Tag him twice
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:07 PM 01-17-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Tag him twice
With Creed and Bolton due the year to follow, that might be less ideal

All those good draft picks.... the bill is coming due pretty quick here :-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:08 PM 01-17-2024
Only 52.5 over 3 years for Sneed would be a goddamn steal. I think he's getting way more than that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:11 PM 01-17-2024
With Creed and Bolton due the year to follow, that might be less ideal

All those good draft picks.... the bill is coming due pretty quick here :-)
Yeah - we need to see some extensions this off-season.

We don't want to keep taking guys past their FA season, IMO. Especially when they've established their level of play. There's really no reason NOT to get a deal done with Creed. The market for him is established. If you don't want to play in that market, you may be best off trading him and getting started on a replacement while retaining Allegretti as an emergency option.

Creed should be an easy, if expensive, extension. Bolton is a more open question but if he would take a Logan Wilson deal, you get that one done as well.

But if you're going to keep a young core together, taking them all to FA is a rough way to do it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:18 PM 01-17-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - we need to see some extensions this off-season.

We don't want to keep taking guys past their FA season, IMO. Especially when they've established their level of play. There's really no reason NOT to get a deal done with Creed. The market for him is established. If you don't want to play in that market, you may be best off trading him and getting started on a replacement while retaining Allegretti as an emergency option.

Creed should be an easy, if expensive, extension. Bolton is a more open question but if he would take a Logan Wilson deal, you get that one done as well.

But if you're going to keep a young core together, taking them all to FA is a rough way to do it.
Absolutely. I really would love to see both Creed and Bolton taken care of. Make Creed the highest paid center or somewhere close, but Bolton would need to take something in that 10m per year range. I love Bolton. Can't pay him like he's Roquan. I personally would like to see deals for him and Tranquill (on a 2-year deal) to return as our primary LBs.

Then, who knows. Maybe you run into a spot where you can afford to tag Sneed or Trey.
[Reply]
O.city 04:34 PM 01-17-2024
Guys need to remember....we're winning. Alot. And not just wins, but legit championship wins.

So guys can check that off their box and then look at the other thing they need to check off. Creed is probably an easy one. Bolton too.

But don't get into tagging a guy 2 times or home town discounts. It's just a letdown.
[Reply]
O.city 04:34 PM 01-17-2024
I would disagree from the POV that I didn’t even think an extension was a good idea until seeing this season play out.

He had the funky knee going on dating back to even last year - and hey, if that thing is a ticking time bomb, we still may not want to extend.

But after his play this year, if the medicals check out, let’s roll. I think the secondary as currently constructed plays into how Spags likes to run his scheme. Still need to build along the DL, but I think you can do that still while keeping LJ.
That's the only way you're ever gonna get any value in these FA deals.

You let guys get into that last year.....it could go multiple ways on you.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 58
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 > Last »
Up