ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2656 of 3903
« First < 1656215625562606264626522653265426552656 265726582659266026662706275631563656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tk13 07:14 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, cause I am blowing it off. That's the problems with people like you. I state the actual, factual data and you get pissed off about it. You can run out all the straw men you want but that doesn't change the actual data and you're pissed about it.

That data shows what is shows. I didn't make it that way. It's not my fault if I look at the data rather than one or two cases and make my assumptions.

In fact, lew, you are case proof of my point, but yeah, you know, I am blowing it off.
Total bullshit. I literally just presented you with the actual data and you blew it off because it blows up your argument.

You're just getting off on being a piece of shit person who wants to be a contrarian.
[Reply]
TLO 07:14 PM 07-18-2020
I don't like hearing the scary stories. They really feed into my anxiety. A lot.

Even though I know it's very statistically weighted in my favor that I'd be ok if I got it, stories like that are frightening to read.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:15 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Total bullshit. I literally just presented you with the actual data and you blew it off because it blows up your argument.

You're just getting off on being a piece of shit person who wants to be a contrarian.

What data did you present? That .005% of our population have died from Covid? That for every diagnosed case you have literally a 4 out of 10 chance of not even knowing you have it? Or that you have literally a 9.5 out of 10 chance of not dying if not even better?

Yeah, I know, I am a piece of shit because I pointed out the facts but whatever.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:19 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I realize that but my thinking was that rural areas covid cases would be very small. Obviously if they have a lot of cases you can’t open schools
That's the general issue with mandating on a federal level that schools open. There are areas that maybe can open, and areas that definitely should not. This pandemic is different in different places

On a different note, as far as the 1% fatality goes, studies have been coming out showing fairly dramatic numbers in terms of neurological and internal/organ damage among people who have recovered. So we're potentially talking about life-altering and likely life-shortening ramifications from many of these non-fatal cases, which obviously won't be reflected in death rates.

This is bad shit, and recovery from it doesn't appear to always be as simple or thorough as getting over a cold.
[Reply]
tk13 07:20 PM 07-18-2020
What data did you present? Yeah, I know, I am a piece of shit because I pointed out the facts but whatever.
This is a bunch of crap and not worth our time. You're just arguing to argue. You're trolling all over this thread at this point and should probably be kicked out of this thread.

You said 1 out of 100 people get sick like Freddie Freeman described in that article. I said the actual numbers probably say around 1 in 100 people in America die. Even if we're undercounting the numbers by a significant amount, which we probably are, it's probably somewhere near that number.

When presented with the actual facts, you make some completely meaningless remark about "spraying" the numbers, which doesn't actually mean anything... then go on and act like you're the one spouting facts. Or the alternative is you just have a 1st grade understanding of math and you literally can't process what I'm saying.

And if you want the actual facts, it's probably between 10-20% of people get really sick from this thing like described there, but go on with your "99 other cases" argument.
[Reply]
TLO 07:23 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

On a different note, as far as the 1% fatality goes, studies have been coming out showing fairly dramatic numbers in terms of neurological and internal/organ damage among people who have recovered. So we're potentially talking about life-altering and likely life-shortening ramifications from many of these non-fatal cases, which obviously won't be reflected in death rates.

This is bad shit, and recovery from it doesn't appear to always be as simple or thorough as getting over a cold.
I'd like to read said studies, if you have them handy.
[Reply]
tk13 07:24 PM 07-18-2020
What data did you present? That .005% of our population have died from Covid? That for every diagnosed case you have literally a 4 out of 10 chance of not even knowing you have it? Or that you have literally a 9.5 out of 10 chance of not dying if not even better?

Yeah, I know, I am a piece of shit because I pointed out the facts but whatever.
Oh so now it's the percentage of the total population you care about, and not the cases.

You are a whiny piece of shit. You're in here telling people who have actually experienced the disease they're full of it, and acting like something that has killed 140,000 people is no big deal. You're not a good person.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:25 PM 07-18-2020
This is a bunch of crap and not worth our time. You're just arguing to argue. You're trolling all over this thread at this point and should probably be kicked out of this thread.

You said 1 out of 100 people get sick like Freddie Freeman described in that article. I said the actual numbers probably say around 1 in 100 people in America die. Even if we're undercounting the numbers by a significant amount, which we probably are, it's probably somewhere near that number.

When presented with the actual facts, you make some completely meaningless remark about "spraying" the numbers, which doesn't actually mean anything... then go on and act like you're the one spouting facts. Or you just have a 1st grade understanding of math.

And if you want the actual, actual facts, the current belief is it's probably between 10-20% of people get really sick from this thing like described there, but go on with your completely false "99 other cases" argument.
You said the actual number is "probably say"...yeah whatever. You're just pissed off because I pointed out that for every serious case there are a lot more that are not serious and we need to keep perspective.

I am not the one struggling with the math. You are the one pissed off because I pointed out the math and you for whatever reason don't like it.

You want to present one case and sell it as if it is the majority of cases when in fact as we have seen thus far it is far into the minority, thankfully.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:25 PM 07-18-2020
I wonder sometimes why there's so much focus on death rate and not on the actual number of deaths. Although it is hard to think about 142k people dying from this. At least it is for me.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:26 PM 07-18-2020
This is how ****ed up our town is. We have community spread, it is hotter than shit out side and there is hundreds of our wonderful citizens jammed packed into our fairgrounds bleachers to watch demolition derby. Of course no one is wearing masks.

:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 07:26 PM 07-18-2020
Oh so now it's the percentage of the total population you care about, and not the cases.

You are a whiny piece of shit. You're in here telling people who have actually experienced the disease they're full of it, and acting like something that has killed 140,000 people is no big deal. You're not a good person.
Yeah, keep pretending I said what I didn't say because it's about all you got left.Pointing out the actual data does not mean one cares or doesn't cares. It means one is pointing out the actual data.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:29 PM 07-18-2020
I wonder sometimes why there's so much focus on death rate and not on the actual number of deaths. Although it is hard to think about 142k people dying from this. At least it is for me.
Agreed. It seems people just think these are just numbers and not human beings.

But it is going to get worse the CDC is predicting we will have pass 160k dead in a couple of weeks.
[Reply]
tk13 07:31 PM 07-18-2020
Yeah, keep pretending I said what I didn't say because it's about all you got left.Pointing out the actual data does not mean one cares or doesn't cares. It means one is pointing out the actual data.
The "actual data" says 3.7% of the people who have tested positive for COVID in America have died.

The "actual data" says that about 60,000 people in America are hospitalized for COVID right now.

I don't know what you're even talking about. It's not even based in any kind of reality.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:34 PM 07-18-2020
You said the actual number is "probably say"...yeah whatever. You're just pissed off because I pointed out that for every serious case there are a lot more that are not serious and we need to keep perspective.

I am not the one struggling with the math. You are the one pissed off because I pointed out the math and you for whatever reason don't like it.

You want to present one case and sell it as if it is the majority of cases when in fact as we have seen thus far it is far into the minority, thankfully.
It’s not just about deaths.

And since we can’t determine who gets a mild case and who gets a severe case......yeah, it’s fairly scary. You’re coming off like another person who will only take it seriously if it’s your family involved. I’ve seen numerous people I know need hospitalization over this and they were all under 65 years old. Yeah they’ll likely live, but at what cost to their quality and quantity of life. My coworker in The hospital right now will have pulmonary damage, fact. He’s a healthy 56 years old and facing a ventilator.

Fuck you.
[Reply]
tk13 07:34 PM 07-18-2020
I said that when we passed World War I. That's unfathomable to me. This thing has killed more Americans than some of our biggest wars, and it did it in less than 6 months.

It's really that people have gotten good at lying to themselves because they're more interested in scoring political points than being an actual person.
[Reply]
Page 2656 of 3903
« First < 1656215625562606264626522653265426552656 265726582659266026662706275631563656 > Last »
Up