ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2655 of 3903
« First < 1655215525552605264526512652265326542655 265626572658265926652705275531553655 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
tk13 06:39 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't want to discount these types of cases at all but people point to them and in doing so ignore to 99 other cases that are not like that. We have got to keep perspective on this. Does anyone think lew is going to die? NO! And the ****er has had it twice as far as we know.
Pretty easy to say when it isn't you.

And I don't know where you get the "99 other cases" number. We could add over 10 million missed cases to our number, and the number of deaths would still be over 1%. Let alone people who get really sick from this thing.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 06:43 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think in that same document they labeled school openings high risk.

If kids 10-19 transmit like adults I think it is going to be very hard to open up schools at least in large towns. Maybe more rural areas will be able to do that though.
10-19 year olds in rural areas are not going to social distance any better than urban kids, if it's possible or not. (unfortunately)
[Reply]
petegz28 06:45 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
Pretty easy to say when it isn't you.

And I don't know where you get the "99 other cases" number. We could add over 10 million missed cases to our number, and the number of deaths would still be over 1%. Let alone people who get really sick from this thing.
No, it's not easy, it's understanding that for every case like that person there are 99 others that are not like that. You can spray all the numbers you want it actually hurts the point you are trying to make but whatever.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:46 PM 07-18-2020
I don't want to discount these types of cases at all but people point to them and in doing so ignore to 99 other cases that are not like that. We have got to keep perspective on this. Does anyone think lew is going to die? NO! And the fucker has had it twice as far as we know.
You were pretty scared when you thought your family member had it.

And ignoring Freddie Freeman instead of focusing on the other “99” is the problem. He’s a world class athlete suffering from this virus. It’s too variable too know who it will cause problems for and who it won’t. Are you so sure you’d have a mild case? I don’t know how anyone can draw that conclusion.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:49 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
10-19 year olds in rural areas are not going to social distance any better than urban kids, if it's possible or not. (unfortunately)
I think the thought is that rural areas dont have much covid. If nobody has it, it doesnt just appear because a group of people are close together.
[Reply]
tk13 06:50 PM 07-18-2020
No, it's not easy, it's understanding that for every case like that person there are 99 others that are not like that. You can spray all the numbers you want it actually hurts the point you are trying to make but whatever.
Spray all the numbers I want? What are you even talking about? Most people who really get sick from this don't die. I'm literally telling you that around 1 out of 100 people die from this thing.

Today's math lesson:

100 - 1 = 99 other cases

If you say "99 other cases" don't die, you would probably be about right. To say "99 other cases" don't get sick, then obviously you're arguing that everyone who gets very ill from this virus dies.

Of course this is really my fault for trying to apply 1st grade math skills here.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:50 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Question about my AZ updates. Will CDC numbers going directly to fuck face, will that affect local data?
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Why is Alex azar a fuck face?
??
[Reply]
petegz28 06:52 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You were pretty scared when you thought your family member had it.

And ignoring Freddie Freeman instead of focusing on the other “99” is the problem. He’s a world class athlete suffering from this virus. It’s too variable too know who it will cause problems for and who it won’t. Are you so sure you’d have a mild case? I don’t know how anyone can draw that conclusion.
No, you can go back and look at my posts. I was more worried about the crap my Wife and I were going to have to go through than my Son making it through Covid.

Am i sure I'd have a mild case? No. Are the odds in my favor? Yes.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:52 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
I realize that but my thinking was that rural areas covid cases would be very small. Obviously if they have a lot of cases you can’t open schools
[Reply]
KS Smitty 06:54 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I think the thought is that rural areas dont have much covid. If nobody has it, it doesnt just appear because a group of people are close together.
This is true, I meant the fact that young people have a hard time social distancing, even when they try.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 06:56 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I realize that but my thinking was that rural areas covid cases would be very small. Obviously if they have a lot of cases you can’t open schools
I think Logan Kansas is having a pretty bad outbreak for its size but yes as a general rule rural areas have done well keeping cases low.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:59 PM 07-18-2020
No, you can go back and look at my posts. I was more worried about the crap my Wife and I were going to have to go through than my Son making it through Covid.

Am i sure I'd have a mild case? No. Are the odds in my favor? Yes.
Come on over and let’s see.

I knew within a few hours I had it. I brought it home to my wife and 2 year old. The same virus that has my healthy 56 years old coworker on 15L oxygen for over a week, fighting for his life in the hospital. He’s going to have permanent pulmonary dysfunction from this virus. He’s 1 step away from a ventilator.

The same virus I gave to my family, but please continue to blow it off.
[Reply]
O.city 07:00 PM 07-18-2020
Is your little one doin ok?

Understand if you don’t want to discuss
[Reply]
petegz28 07:02 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Come on over and let’s see.

I knew within a few hours I had it. I brought it home to my wife and 2 year old. The same virus that has my healthy 56 years old coworker on 15L oxygen for over a week, fighting for his life in the hospital. He’s going to have permanent pulmonary dysfunction from this virus. He’s 1 step away from a ventilator.

The same virus I gave to my family, but please continue to blow it off.
Yeah, cause I am blowing it off. That's the problems with people like you. I state the actual, factual data and you get pissed off about it. You can run out all the straw men you want but that doesn't change the actual data and you're pissed about it.

That data shows what is shows. I didn't make it that way. It's not my fault if I look at the data rather than one or two cases and make my assumptions.

In fact, lew, you are case proof of my point, but yeah, you know, I am blowing it off.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:08 PM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Is your little one doin ok?

Understand if you don’t want to discuss
3 of us with young kids have brought this home.

2 of us were mild.
1 needing hospital care, she’s 26 years old.

We have kids of 2 years old, 2.5 and 5 years old. None of our kids got symptoms. One was even tested and tested negative. Very interesting.
[Reply]
Page 2655 of 3903
« First < 1655215525552605264526512652265326542655 265626572658265926652705275531553655 > Last »
Up