ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2450 of 3903
« First < 1450195023502400244024462447244824492450 245124522453245424602500255029503450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:07 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Why is that ironic? They aren't seeing a surge. They've stomped this bug.
Just wow.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:08 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
New York politicians are now lecturing other states

That’s ironic
IKR?
[Reply]
Donger 08:08 AM 06-28-2020
After the response and issues in New York, I think I’d probably lay low for a while if I were them
Yes, they had exponential growth and lots of deaths. That's to be expected in such a population dense area.

If you look at where they are now, I'd rather be there than in Florida, California, Texas, etc.
[Reply]
Donger 08:09 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Just wow.
Wow what?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:15 AM 06-28-2020
Just wow.
Are you really that surprised?
[Reply]
DaFace 08:17 AM 06-28-2020
Yes, they had exponential growth and lots of deaths. That's to be expected in such a population dense area.

If you look at where they are now, I'd rather be there than in Florida, California, Texas, etc.
There's no question that New York's slow response in the beginning was a major problem. You can argue that, if they'd been more aggressive, the rest of the country would be in better shape. (Granted, they didn't know what they were up against.)
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's no question that New York's slow response in the beginning was a major problem. You can argue that, if they'd been more aggressive, the rest of the country would be in better shape. (Granted, they didn't know what they were up against.)
If you look at the genetic data of the virus in different spots, the vast majority of the nation was seeded from New York. Then there’s the whole nursing home fiasco

They are probably at a point where immunity has kicked in though but getting there was a doozy
[Reply]
Donger 08:25 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yes, no question. Like I said, they had massive growth and resulting deaths. But, look at them now. There's no question that what they have done has been successful in drastically reducing the cases and deaths.

Like I said, would you rather be in Phoenix or NYC right now?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:44 AM 06-28-2020

Agreed, and that isn't about cuomo, who fumbled a lot of the response. It probably isn't as much about herd immunity as some claim either. It's that their residents are taking it a hell of a lot more seriously because they saw the worst of it firsthand. Likely the reason Japan and Korea did so well containing the virus.

Seems the biggest factors are population density, how seriously did the governor take it (including how aggressive was their reopening timeline), how seriously are the people taking it. When you fail on all 3, look out.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:36 AM 06-28-2020
Yes, no question. Like I said, they had massive growth and resulting deaths. But, look at them now. There's no question that what they have done has been successful in drastically reducing the cases and deaths.

This is one epically stupid post in a sea of stupid posts in this thread. Congrats.
[Reply]
Donger 09:39 AM 06-28-2020
This is one epically stupid post in a sea of stupid posts in this thread. Congrats.
It's just a fact. Look at the numbers. Sorry of you don't like them.
Attached: NY.jpg (32.4 KB) 
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 06-28-2020
It's just a fact. Look at the numbers. Sorry of you don't like them.
Look at their death rate and such of what they did to get there .

Then seeing how quickly they came down the curve, seems to speak more to immunity than what they actually did. Coupled with their serology numbers and the fact we’re finding asymptomatic and mild infections don’t seroconvert it’s probably even an undercount
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:46 AM 06-28-2020

But should they (New York) be lecturing others? The more fair question is: Would you rather have New York’s March or Phoenix’s June? I’ll take Phoenix’s June. I get that I’m a little biased since I live in Phoenix but I’m no Arizona apologist and I’m moving anyway so I’m as impartial as a Phoenician can be.
[Reply]
Donger 09:47 AM 06-28-2020
Look at their death rate and such of what they did to get there .

Then seeing how quickly they came down the curve, seems to speak more to immunity than what they actually did. Coupled with their serology numbers and the fact we’re finding asymptomatic and mild infections don’t seroconvert it’s probably even an undercount
Death rate in what regard? Deaths per 100,000?

You think their drop in cases was due to herd immunity?
[Reply]
O.city 09:48 AM 06-28-2020
Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated cities in the world and has only had 6 deaths

Masking works
[Reply]
Page 2450 of 3903
« First < 1450195023502400244024462447244824492450 245124522453245424602500255029503450 > Last »
Up