ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 57
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

MGRS13 11:50 AM 10-08-2020
Nope. Clay is calling for elected officials to be murdered on this site now and the mods support him. Every chance I get after everyone of his posts I’ll remind what an unhinged wack job he’s become.
DaFace 11:53 AM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by MGRS13:
Nope. Clay is calling for elected officials to be murdered on this site now and the mods support him. Every chance I get after everyone of his posts I’ll remind what an unhinged wack job he’s become.
For the record:

You have never reported a post in at least the past 10 years. It's hard to know what you're talking about given that that's the case.

At a minimum, you're gonna have to provide some evidence of the "mods support him" accusation.
htismaqe 11:53 AM 10-08-2020
Is he doing it in the Lounge?

This thread is about keeping that kind of stuff in DC, where pretty much anything goes. From both sides.
Mecca 12:03 PM 10-08-2020
If you venture into DC it will vastly change your opinions of people, then you'll see why we have a section of people that only post there...
Bugeater 12:12 PM 10-08-2020
88i
OH THANK GOD WE HAVE YOU TO PROTECT US

Dumbass
htismaqe 12:12 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you venture into DC it will vastly change your opinions of people, then you'll see why we have a section of people that only post there...
Those opinions of people bleed over into the Lounge as well.

Unfortunately, that's a fight against basic human nature but a lot of the "political" bickering in the Lounge is actually people just carrying over personal conflicts that started in DC (and I'm guilty of this as well FWIW).
Mecca 12:13 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Those opinions of people bleed over into the Lounge as well.

Unfortunately, that's a fight against basic human nature but a lot of the "political" bickering in the Lounge is actually people just carrying over personal conflicts that started in DC (and I'm guilty of this as well FWIW).
I've done it and I know people have done it to me because I've seen it. It's like you say a few political things and all of the sudden nothing you say is cool with that person anymore.
Dartgod 12:26 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Get ready for 40 new Hallmark Holiday-themed movies beginning in late October.

:-)
THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME PLOT!

via GIPHY

scho63 01:55 PM 10-08-2020
Here's a few questions for the MODS:

Do we have posters here who seem to constantly whine and report on threads at a real excessive level, many times not justified?

How is that handled when it appears they are just chronic complainers?

Do you tally how many thread complaints each poster makes?

Inquiring minds want to know.......:-)
Bwana 02:32 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Here's a few questions for the MODS:

Do we have posters here who seem to constantly whine and report on threads at a real excessive level, many times not justified?

How is that handled when it appears they are just chronic complainers?

Do you tally how many thread complaints each poster makes?

Inquiring minds want to know.......:-)
There is no need to tally. There really aren't that many reported posts. Normally if there is something really out in right field, we will get multiple reports on one post.

It's rare, but if a person reports BS posts on a regular basis, we can check "Can't report posts," which takes care of the issue.
eDave 02:34 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
It's rare, but if a person reports BS posts on a regular basis, we can check "Can't report posts," which takes care of the issue.
You ever done that?
seclark 02:52 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
You ever done that?
yes, the bastards...i mean it's none of your business.
sec
ptlyon 02:52 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
You ever done that?
He gonna now
eDave 02:54 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
yes, the bastards...i mean it's none of your business.
sec
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
He gonna now
I didn't ask for names, goons.

Eliminating my ability to do something I have never done seems very productive.
DaneMcCloud 02:56 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This thread is about keeping that kind of stuff in DC, where pretty much anything goes. From both sides.
The rhetoric in the DC has become more than just "anything goes".

I don't know about anyone else but JFC, is really too much to ask people to stop advocating for the murder, yes, murder, of elected officials?

I mean, again, I don't know how anyone else feels but to me, that's a line that shouldn't be crossed, at least not on Chiefsplanet.
Page 25 of 57
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up