ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Media Center>Bands you regret not seeing live
Steron 02:47 PM 07-30-2020
DJJasonp thought this might be a good topic for a thread. I listed these in the First Concert thread. Figured it might be easier to break them out of the other thread. I'm sure there are more that I will come up with later.

In no order:
Van Halen with David Lee Roth
Journey
Motley Crue
Guns N' Roses
Kid Rock
Ozzy
White Zombie
Bengals
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 10:43 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
Pantera! had a chance to go wtih my buddy Joe, but i backed out. I ****ed up.
Oh man,i went to see them twice,i think the second time was on their very last tour actually.I suppose it was when Phil was at his most drunk or drugged period of the band.I remember him kinda taunting us fans who were kinda in the back seats and not moshing or whatever,hell to the no on that.What i remember most though was Vinnie's incredibly loud drums esp. the snare since he liked to hit them with them with the grips of the sticks.Wow. RIP Dime and Vinnie.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Even funnier is that Danzig is 5'3
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:00 AM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
I wish I would have seen Alice in Chains with Layne Staley still alive
I saw them on Lollapalooza, late June 1993. It was miserably hot and in the middle of a drought. They played Dam That River and Rain When I Die together and the crowd went nuts. Damn that was a great show. Particularly Rage and Primus.

Of course, it started raining the next week and didn't stop until 400K people were without drinking water and all of downtown was flooded.
[Reply]
Bump 06:12 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I saw them on Lollapalooza, late June 1993. It was miserably hot and in the middle of a drought. They played Dam That River and Rain When I Die together and the crowd went nuts. Damn that was a great show. Particularly Rage and Primus.

Of course, it started raining the next week and didn't stop until 400K people were without drinking water and all of downtown was flooded.
I bet that was awesome.
[Reply]
Spott 07:12 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
I wish I would have seen Alice in Chains with Layne Staley still alive
I saw them on the Clash of the Titans tours when they opened up for Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth. They only played about a half a dozens songs but they were very good live. I really wish I could have seen them again after they released Dirt.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:28 PM 08-04-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I saw them on the Clash of the Titans tours when they opened up for Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth. They only played about a half a dozens songs but they were very good live. I really wish I could have seen them again after they released Dirt.
Duvall is not bad at all. Sounds almost like Layne but not quite live.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 08:48 PM 08-04-2020
Harv saw them all! :-)

[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 12:27 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Was that the tour where AIC got booed at ? Maybe it was only at some of the shows,still sucks,but the crowd had no idea what they were in for at the time i guess.I remember i was finally going to see AIC when they were touring with Metallica,but alas they ending up cancelling.
[Reply]
Spott 03:08 PM 08-05-2020
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Was that the tour where AIC got booed at ? Maybe it was only at some of the shows,still sucks,but the crowd had no idea what they were in for at the time i guess.I remember i was finally going to see AIC when they were touring with Metallica,but alas they ending up cancelling.
I think so. There were a lot of hardcore metalheads at that concert and grunge was still pretty new, so there wasn’t as much appreciation for the new Seattle bands. I went to a few concerts during that era where grunge bands opened up for glam rock and metal bands. I saw Soundgarden open for Skid Row in 92 and they were amazing. Skid Row sucked, but I never liked any of those corny glam rock bands from the 80’s anyways. Having seen Soundgarden about a year earlier on the Louder than Love tour when they opened for Danzig, I knew what to expect from them.
[Reply]
Boon 09:17 AM 08-06-2020
Led Zeppelin
The Who
Johnny Cash
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:04 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Even funnier is that Danzig is 5'3
Yeah, he's a tiny man, with tiny man attitude.

Put on a pretty decent show at Liberty Hall in Lawrence in 1996/7.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:40 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Yeah, he's a tiny man, with tiny man attitude.

Put on a pretty decent show at Liberty Hall in Lawrence in 1996/7.
He's an action figure. LOL
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:10 AM 08-07-2020
Pink Floyd
Iron Maiden
Leonard Cohen
Everlast
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 12:11 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
Pink Floyd
Iron Maiden
Leonard Cohen
Everlast
I finally saw Maiden few years ago,great show no idea how much longer they are going to tour,but they just keep going.Not gonna lie i was a big House Of Pain fan back in the day,wish i would've seen them.Everlast is a damn good musician methinks.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 12:52 PM 08-07-2020
Lots of missed concerts.....
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Rolling Stones
Who
U2

BUT was able to catch
Van Halen
Journey
Rush