ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Star Trek: Lower Decks
Mephistopheles Janx 09:48 PM 07-27-2020
This feels like it may be more STTNG with a splash of Orville... but animated. I will definitely be giving this a look.

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:31 AM 07-29-2020
151 and not a single reply.

I guess I'm watching this by myself then. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 08:50 AM 07-29-2020
Yeah, sorry but that looks pretty terrible....
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 02:35 PM 07-29-2020
I'm fine with Animated & I'm fine with humor in my Trek.
But I'd prefer to mix in some seriousness.
I'm really going to show my age here but..
I'd love to see an updated animated series like the original animated trek(1973) & toss in humor there.
If this was the case I'd be all aboard!

[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
Bowser 07:18 PM 07-29-2020
Wasn't there a TNG episode with the same name?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:19 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Wasn't there a TNG episode with the same name?
Yup... and it is the premise of this series. It isn't a serious show because these aren't people making command decisions. They are tying to figure out how to get promoted, sucking up to higher ranking officers, and the general hijinks that go on at the lowest ranks as they go about their daily duties.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:21 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief:
I'm fine with Animated & I'm fine with humor in my Trek.
But I'd prefer to mix in some seriousness.
I'm really going to show my age here but..
I'd love to see an updated animated series like the original animated trek(1973) & toss in humor there.
If this was the case I'd be all aboard!
I get that... but at the same time this show features characters that will rarely, if ever, be forced to make command decisions. There was an STTNG episode called Lower Decks that this show is based on.

It's a workplace comedy set in the bowls of a Federation Starship featuring low ranked people going about their work day.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:10 PM 08-07-2020
I....didn't hate it. Will probably watch next week.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:21 PM 08-07-2020
Kirk to Spock:

What is it, Spock?

Spock to Kirk:

It's Trek, Jim. but not as we know it...
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:37 PM 08-07-2020
Getting ready to watch it now. I'm not a big fan of Rick and Morty but I suspect I will enjoy this.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:12 PM 08-11-2020
Hijacking for a moment because I really wasn't sure where else to put this. I got a decent chuckle here -

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:13 AM 08-12-2020
Hijacking for a moment because I really wasn't sure where else to put this. I got a decent chuckle here -

Voyager was by far the most garbage Star Trek ever produced.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:32 AM 08-12-2020

Heh. As much as I love Star Trek, there are tons of discrepancies like that. One of my favorites is how ships cannot go to warp within a solar system; except when they do, all the time.

And don't even get me started on all the time travel horseshit (sometimes just a simple calculation, sometimes impossible), or how useful the Pegasus phasing cloak would have been during the Dominion/Borg Wars. Or how Picard's refusal to send Hugh back to the collective with the fatal virus was responsible for every single death caused by the Borg from that point forward.

And even though we just left EARTH ten minutes ago, we're the only ship in the quadrant!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:07 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Voyager was by far the most garbage Star Trek ever produced.
Last season or two once 7of9 became a major focus was a much better product.

I think I have Frazod to thank for that revelation. Watched them during the COVID lockdowns.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:21 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Last season or two once 7of9 became a major focus was a much better product.

I think I have Frazod to thank for that revelation. Watched them during the COVID lockdowns.
There are a few gems in there. There are still a lot of episodes that I haven't seen. If the synopsis doesn't grab me, I don't bother.

The whole concept was dumb, though. Had I been a crewmember on that ship and learned that the captain had consigned me to a decades-long trip home in order to save a race of people who only live to be seven, I'd have shot her in the face with a phaser.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up